Citricos or Marrakesh for birthday dinner?

tellemarie

Mousejunkie!
I'm super torn over dinner for my 30th birthday coming up in May and need a little help! I am trying to decide between keeping Restaurant Marrakesh or switching to dinner at Citricos. Quick facts:
  • it'll be myself, my husband, and my mom for dinner
  • I love Restaurant Marrakesh but we've been there many times
  • I haven't been to Citricos
  • I prefer Marrakesh's interior but Citricos seems really nice!
  • Citricos is a little pricier, but it's my birthday so that doesn't totally matter :cutie:
  • Right now we have lunch reservations for tea at Grand Floridian (with breakfast probably at CRT) and it feels like doing dinner also at GF would be a LOT in one place
  • Andrew is "surprising" me with a cake from GF and if we did dinner at Marrakesh it would have to be at lunch/tea. Having it at dinner would feel a little more special, but I could just being a little weird about that!
  • My mom is staying at a different resort (we're at VGF, she's at POP) and while GF isn't super far away from transport back, it would be a little extra walk to the bus or cost if she did a Minnie Van back.
  • Also, someone tell me if I should cancel CRT :rotfl: We went on our honeymoon and while it's nice enough and might be nice for a birthday, I feel that money could possibly be better spent, especially when they took the photo package away.
I've looked at reviews of Citricos and they sound great, I'm just really torn. Thanks for any and all opinions and experiences!!

I would choose Citrico's. The menu and setting are more special! The GF is so pretty! The lobby is so inviting and it's so nice to listen to the band that plays daily.

I'd choose Citricos because so many reviews are positive and you've been to Restaurant Marrakesh before.
Happy Birthday to come!
Clueless on CTR:).

Last edited:
I have never had a bad meal at Citricos, but nothing that has ever wowed us either. For your birthday, of the 2, I would pick Citricos. The setting is nicer, and you can sit in the atrium and listen to the Jazz Band play as well. Makes for a very enjoyable night.

I would try Citricos also. But having 3 ADRs in one day? I would totally cut CRT out for breakfast. I would either move it to another day if you really want it or keep it and move the tea to another day.

Citrico's, currently our favorite WDW restaurant. :earsboy:

I would try Citricos also. But having 3 ADRs in one day? I would totally cut CRT out for breakfast. I would either move it to another day if you really want it or keep it and move the tea to another day.

Thinking about it, you're totally right. I'm for sure going to cancel CRT. Thanks!

Thinking about it, you're totally right. I'm for sure going to cancel CRT. Thanks!

Citricos will be an excellent birthday dinner, and I think you are making the right decision with cancelling CRT, that's a lot of food and time in one day lol! I would check the Citricos menu though and see if you are interested in the desserts there, as then you may want to think about doing the cake for lunch. Personally, I would choose to have the cake with tea, it is a beautiful location and the tea feels very special, plus I would want to make sure that I could eat the cake, and I would likely be too full after dinner for cake, although I understand if you prefer to have cake with dinner, just giving a different perspective. Have a great trip!!!

I'm super torn over dinner for my 30th birthday coming up in May and need a little help! I am trying to decide between keeping Restaurant Marrakesh or switching to dinner at Citricos. Quick facts:
  • it'll be myself, my husband, and my mom for dinner
  • I love Restaurant Marrakesh but we've been there many times
  • I haven't been to Citricos
  • I prefer Marrakesh's interior but Citricos seems really nice!
  • Citricos is a little pricier, but it's my birthday so that doesn't totally matter :cutie:
  • Right now we have lunch reservations for tea at Grand Floridian (with breakfast probably at CRT) and it feels like doing dinner also at GF would be a LOT in one place
  • Andrew is "surprising" me with a cake from GF and if we did dinner at Marrakesh it would have to be at lunch/tea. Having it at dinner would feel a little more special, but I could just being a little weird about that!
  • My mom is staying at a different resort (we're at VGF, she's at POP) and while GF isn't super far away from transport back, it would be a little extra walk to the bus or cost if she did a Minnie Van back.
  • Also, someone tell me if I should cancel CRT :rotfl: We went on our honeymoon and while it's nice enough and might be nice for a birthday, I feel that money could possibly be better spent, especially when they took the photo package away.
I've looked at reviews of Citricos and they sound great, I'm just really torn. Thanks for any and all opinions and experiences!!

I love Marrakesh, but Citrico's blows them out of the water if comparing them directly. The food quality and preparation, service, restaurant setting, etc.

Citrico's is consistently one of the best restaurants on property if excluding Shula's and V&A.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter