Cirque - policies on hiring minors

aGoofyMom

DIS Veteran
Ok I admit I was curious about the Cirque & the minors that would be working with them. Knowing a little about what goes on for minor hockey players up here - being billeted with a family if they are traded to a team away from their own family etc. I checked out their website.

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueDuSoleil/en/casting/work/general/general_conditions.htm

Basically, minors who work with the Cirque are provided with their education, and if their family is not with them, they get phone cards and 4 trips home every year if on a touring show, or one per year if on a resident show (WDW is a resident show) from the company. It also mentioned that children of artist have access to the same free schooling and artitsts have access to English as a second language.

I saw La Nouba with my husband on our honeymoon, but we haven't yet taken DD. I never really considered it a traditional circus but more of an acrobat show. I remember hearing someone near us back then repeadedly telling her DD that the clowns would come soon I kept thinking that the girl would be disappointed by it. Then again traditional clowns don't bother me much - it's just more of an annoyance.

Anyways - I guess age comes down to what is ok for performers...

thanks for the insight

The truth finally comes out!!:thumbsup2 :goodvibes :goodvibes :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter