• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Cirque du Soleil

KerriKaden

Mouseketeer
Where is the cheapest place to buy tickets? We are going to WDW this December for the first time. Should we try to squeeze this in, or should we just do the parks? THanks.

:)

Cirque du Soleil is wonderful. It really depends on how long you are going to be at WDW and when. Annual pass holders and Disney Club has the best discounted tickets. You can buy the tickets by calling CRO at 1800/828-0228 or on site!

Unfortunately, discounts for Cirque du Soleil are few and far between. There is an Annual Pass Holder discount running now, but that ends September 30th and wouldn't help for your December trip. There are not Disney Club discounts on this show all the time, but it never hurts to ask if you are a Disney Club member. Just to let you know, Cirque is on vacation (no shows) from November 27th through December 12th.

Cirque is a spectacular show that it almost impossible to describe.......I have been 3 times and would go again in a minute......great story! about a year ago my 25 year old son and I went to Orlando for a fast golf trip....got tickets for Cirque....he kept telling his friends that Dad is taking me to a "circus"..big deal!.....that was a year ago and he still talks about Cirque and tells everyone who will listen what a great time he had.....I would put it in the schedule.....you just won't believe the constant action, talent, skill of the performers.....and remember to keep watching for the singer....I thought there was a background tape until 3/4 of the way through the show!.......Enjoy.....Ted

I was just watching the travel channel and it featured Cirque in Las Vegas. I had heard that the show was incredible, but trying to describe it was difficult. I too had thought of just skipping it, after all, just a circus type show with acrobats and dance...well! after seeing this brief look at the rehearsals and what goes on in the show, I will definitely make it a "must do" on our list when we visit WDW. I was totally amazed by what I saw and that was on tv, I'd love to see it live! I think my DH and the kids would also love it.

I also think I heard that it is or was in Boston? does anyone know? thanks!

Be warned - we saw Cirque at WDW three years ago and since then we have traveled to Las Vegas and Mississippi - JUST TO SEE OTHER CIRQUE SHOWS! We are also heading to Dallas in November because they have a touring show going through there! It is the one thing at WDW that my sister is still talking about 3 years later!

Yes, it's now playing in Boston at Suffolk Downs--that show is called "Dralion", sort of an East meets West theme. If I'm not mistaken, there are about 5 different Cirque shows. The one at Disney was created just for Disney World, and it's called La Nouba.

thank you Disney Fool - you're in my hometown!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter