Cirque De Soleil

essmom

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been? I have heard such fabulous things about this show and wanted some other opinions before deciding. We're staying at HRH so we'll have to get a cab which will run an extra $25 each way but if it's really great i want to do it since we may never see it anywhere else.

Er, well, if you visit the theme park board for WDW there are MANY people who will tell you that it is the BEST thing sensed sliced bread! They will ooh and ahh you to the point where you will be convinced that you must see it.....

Visually it was interesting. I'm really curious as to the author's story behind the performance because I'm certain there is one but beats me what it is....the music was ok..good. But the Best Show I've Ever Seen, Ooh, you just haven't lived until you witness it....um, no I don't think so. Certainly it is an entertaining evening but if you have other just as interesting choices I wouldn't kill myself or my wallet to drive across town for the show.

Just my opinion - I thought you might could use one that wasn't like everyone else's. At a $25.00 cab ride per leg, I'd check the rates of www.happylimo.com - ask them if you can get the discount with code OTP1277 for a round trip fare to the show. (like $5.00 off). They might could do the transportation in style for about the same cost. (?) doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks for the info!! I emailed Happy Limo and got a roundtrip of $66 (including gratuities).It's a little more than a cab but probably worth it in the long run. I got a quote for 25 each way from a local cab company.I stlill don't know if we're going-I'll have to go to the Disney boards and check it out.

I am very frugal. I will spend $$ for things that are in my opinion, worth it. Having said that, we did do Cirque last month while staying at WDW. The tickets were discounted 25% for Disney AP holders. It cost $115 for 2 adults with the discount.

I too, had heard all the hype about how great the show is. Well, after it was over, I thought, it was worth the $115. I could actually understand why they charge so much. However, I don't think it is worth the regular price of $144 for 2 adults. I guess if I had an income about 50% more than what we make now, I could justify the cost.

But it really was a great show. Is that as clear as mud? :confused:

We are going to see the show for the 3rd time in Jan. It is an awesome show and defiantly worth it.

I think I have been convinced !!! Thanks!! does it matter where you sit? Someone mentioned that all the seats were great!!

I am not a really big show guy, just went because my wife wanted to see it so badly. The price was a bit hard to take but it really is worth it. I was mesmerized the entire time. We both absolutley loved it.

I say go for it!!!

John

Originally posted by essmom
I think I have been convinced !!! Thanks!! does it matter where you sit? Someone mentioned that all the seats were great!!

I'm not sure if I agree that all the seats are great. I can't imagine sitting off to the far right or far left of the stage. We sat off to the right about a third of the way over from center. I thought our seats were pretty good, but dead center would have been GREAT!

Thanks to everyone. We will go for sure!! A couple of more questions- 1. Is there lots of stuff to buy like when you go to Disney on Ice? 2. Is alcohol served? 3. How far is Planet Hollywood? I'm thinking we'll go there to eat afterward.Is it walking distance? Thanks again!!

Planet Hollywood is nearby but House of Blues is closer and better food, JMHO. There are all kinds of souvies to buy at CDS. No alcohol is served as far I know. Have a great time!

Have to agree with Muffy. There is way better food at House of Blues and it's right next door, almost....

As far as souvies, yes there are, but don't expect to be bombarded like at Disney on Ice....LOL...

There is a souvenir shop where you can buy the tape, the soundtrack and all sorts of neat items.

You will love that show!

We have seen it twice - loved it! I would agree that there are better and closer places to eat than Planet Hollywood.

Have fun!

We did not like this show.... it was creepy and weird and zzzzZZZzzzzz snoreville.

My DD8 fell asleep during it and I was praying for it to end... when it was finally over I couldn't wake her up, we were blocking the row from exiting and everyone was laughing... I would try to shake her gently and talk to her and she would thrash about, confused.

Finally the man sitting next to us picked her up (still asleep) and carried her out to the lobby area for me :)

Sorry ~ but this show (for us) was just the biggest waste of time.

>>^..^<<

We have seen 3 of the Cirque du Soleil shows and La Nouba is the best. My DH and I just love these shows. My DD who was 8 at the time was absolutely mesmerized. It is really awesome and bizarre.

Denise

Originally posted by msdisney53
It is really awesome and bizarre.

Denise
Hi :)

Bizarre is a good word!

I used creepy and weird ~ but now I see that was not the right wording... bizarre works for me.

>>^..^<<

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter