Circus World

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
If you adored Ringling Brothers/Barnum And Bailey Circus you might be surprised to discover that they operated an amusement park based in Orlando called Circus World. Circus World opened in 1977 and closed in 1986 and focused on rides and shows with a circus theme and was really cool. Also at Circus World you had the chance to meet clowns see animals and it even had an interactive show where you could be chosen to play in a circus as ringmaster. This park was a clever idea and it's a shame you don't see circus amusement parks like Circus World because Circus World was very popular for circus fans everywhere
Did you ever visit Circus World on Orlando trips?
Dodger

I did get the chance to visit after it had been bought and converted to Boardwalk & Baseball. As an 11 year old kid I absolutely loved it.
I remember two things very clearly from my visit - The big wooden roller coaster and being allowed to stay on the log flume and going round about 10 times. The log flume had a "double dip" and was a lot of fun.
I think both those rides were there when it was Circus World. Loved the park and such a shame a park like that couldn't survive in the Orlando area.

If you adored Ringling Brothers/Barnum And Bailey Circus you might be surprised to discover that they operated an amusement park based in Orlando called Circus World. Circus World opened in 1977 and closed in 1986 and focused on rides and shows with a circus theme and was really cool. Also at Circus World you had the chance to meet clowns see animals and it even had an interactive show where you could be chosen to play in a circus as ringmaster. This park was a clever idea and it's a shame you don't see circus amusement parks like Circus World because Circus World was very popular for circus fans everywhere
Did you ever visit Circus World on Orlando trips?
Dodger
Yes, I went once when I was 6 or so, so must have been close to opening. I remember getting my face painted like a clown and was chosen from the crowd to come up and do some trampoline work in a harness. I may have even swung on a trapeze! It was the highlight of my trip! I don’t remember anything else - only those things captured by photos.

Yes, I went once in the early 80’s. It was okay, but as an avid Disney fan, it suffered by the comparison.

Each year from 1974 through 1985 my family took our Winter Break trip in Feb to Florida staying at Polynesian Village each time! (From NY) Back then, especially in the years before before EPCOT opened, the only WDW park was MK, of course, so we did all the other parks in the area including Sea World and Circus World! My sister and I loved going to Circus World. Looking back it was definitely fair-like but we enjoyed it.

Never went there. We drove down to Florida every year for spring break, starting about 1965 to visit family. We did all the roadside places Parrott jungle, silver springs and the glass bottom boats, Marine Land, etc. We had family in Jacksonville, Ft Lauderdale and Cape Coral. Never got to Orlando or central Florida so never saw Circus World. Definitely the kind of place we would have visited if we were near. Funny, just thinking. My family has been in Florida since the late 1800s and I'm the first one to live in the center of the state.

I remember Circus World and Boardwalk & Baseball. After Boardwalk & Baseball, the site became the Ted Williams Hotel owned by Best Western I believe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter