Cinderella Wedding/Planning Journal *Update 1/13 HELP!!!!!

:thumbsup2
To you guys for not rushing into and waiting a few years.

Even when we first got our apartment, it took some adjusting to being on our own, and making sure everything was taken care of. We just closed on our first real home on Monday, and already we're putting a lot more into it then already planned. Kudos to you both for thinking ahead.

I can relate to you on the dog thing :lmao: DF's parents are GREAT, but they have three dogs, one is blind, one is deaf and the other has diabetes. ( I couldn't make this stuff up if I wanted to) They are nothing but supportive and coming to Disney, but doggy #3 is making the trip as well! She require 2 shots a day, and his mom cannot rest easy if she doesn't take care of it herself.

I agree I dont really know what their probelm is! It was fine when we first got engaged but now 10 months on the novelty has worn off and the atitude is like its ages away! and its not its flown by!!

Sorry I have kind of high jacked your thread I'm just on a rant at the moment! I'm going to sign off now so I cant high jack anything else!

:thumbsup2
To you guys for not rushing into and waiting a few years.

Even when we first got our apartment, it took some adjusting to being on our own, and making sure everything was taken care of. We just closed on our first real home on Monday, and already we're putting a lot more into it then already planned. Kudos to you both for thinking ahead.

I can relate to you on the dog thing :lmao: DF's parents are GREAT, but they have three dogs, one is blind, one is deaf and the other has diabetes. ( I couldn't make this stuff up if I wanted to) They are nothing but supportive and coming to Disney, but doggy #3 is making the trip as well! She require 2 shots a day, and his mom cannot rest easy if she doesn't take care of it herself.

Thanks! His family doesnt understand why we are waiting. His father keeps trying to pressure us to get married sooner! Hello hes the one that doesn't want to come because of his damn dog and hes not contributing so hell no! Poor dogs! That makes me sad! See at least they would have an excuse the dogs are all sick or whatnot my fiences parents have NONE their dog is in good health and is a small dog!

I agree I dont really know what their probelm is! It was fine when we first got engaged but now 10 months on the novelty has worn off and the atitude is like its ages away! and its not its flown by!!

Sorry I have kind of high jacked your thread I'm just on a rant at the moment! I'm going to sign off now so I cant high jack anything else!

your not high jacking my thread! Dont worry its alrigt. you rant then i rant so its all good! getting rants out is good for you i think anyways! hahah

I am so depressed right now. I managed to find the PERFECT tiara

38747taira.jpg

but of course it's $315. Yeah we will NEVER be able to afford that on top of the actual wedding especially because its just a tiara. My parents seriously think they will have to take out a second morgage on the house just so they can pay for the wedding. I feel so bad but we have always lived with just enough money to put food on the table so I should be used to it. I grew up poor. I also found a necklace and bracelet that go along with it but they are $235 each. I'm thinking the only way to get ANY of those is to not spend a penny on anything pretty much. Sometimes I wish I could win some money or have a better job so I could make money and not dirt! 9 bucks an hour to be a teacher is BULL! But enough of my ranting I just needed to get it out.

:hug:

If only you had found that around the huge Memorial Day sale, you could have easily gotten it:sad2:

I got the entire set, plus a extra bracelet for around $120 I think it ended up being.
It involved a lot of phone calls, thank you Texas store.

:grouphug:
I'm not sure what I'll do with my set after the wedding, I'll keep you in mind though.

dont be discouraged

I got my bridal jewelery at a resale shop & pd under $20 for all of it & i love the end result

You must have missed the whole "memorial day sale" thing...it was chaos!

Have you checked Ebay??

I hope things work out & theres bridal jewelry out there,,,it just needs to find you;)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo how could I miss that sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

i just read they they no longer make them!!!! I just tired ebay and NO tiara. I found the bracelet and necklace which if they dont go too high I will bid on them but I can't find the one thing I really want! Only I could miss the sale. Stupid not planning still we had a date! :sad:

the good point here ( and there is almost always a good point) is that you have plenty of time ...to save the money for the wedding and to buy the things you want. keep in mind that alot can change in 1 year. plus you have (hopefully) tax refunds to look forward to at the beginning of next year. you really want that tiara? see if you can do a payment plan and have them put it away or like Cori suggested - check out eBay - lord knows enough of us have! more than half my wedding stuff - oh, ok 2/3rds :lmao: come from my eBay shopping!!

seriously. don't get discouraged - yesterday was a real crappy day for me where a whole bunch of stuff just didn't go right. believe it or not, 24 hours later and things have pretty much straightened themselves out.

one last word of advice (I've been through this before - can you tell??) - money is NOT everything. yes, it helps but the absolute most important thing is that you love and support each other - and be each other's best friend. because if you don't have that, all the money in the world isn't going to make a difference!

Michelle :cloud9:

the good point here ( and there is almost always a good point) is that you have plenty of time ...to save the money for the wedding and to buy the things you want. keep in mind that alot can change in 1 year. plus you have (hopefully) tax refunds to look forward to at the beginning of next year. you really want that tiara? see if you can do a payment plan and have them put it away or like Cori suggested - check out eBay - lord knows enough of us have! more than half my wedding stuff - oh, ok 2/3rds :lmao: come from my eBay shopping!!

seriously. don't get discouraged - yesterday was a real crappy day for me where a whole bunch of stuff just didn't go right. believe it or not, 24 hours later and things have pretty much straightened themselves out.

one last word of advice (I've been through this before - can you tell??) - money is NOT everything. yes, it helps but the absolute most important thing is that you love and support each other - and be each other's best friend. because if you don't have that, all the money in the world isn't going to make a difference!

Thanks I know money isn't everything trust me. I could care less about money actually. I was just having a really horrible day yesterday and I'm just really emotional this week. so well see what happens! hopefully things will start getting better. I think it's just a bad week! Boo to that. You gave me hope tho that things will straigtnen themselves out soon enough!! So thanks for that :)

Thanks I know money isn't everything trust me. I could care less about money actually. I was just having a really horrible day yesterday and I'm just really emotional this week. so well see what happens! hopefully things will start getting better. I think it's just a bad week! Boo to that. You gave me hope tho that things will straigtnen themselves out soon enough!! So thanks for that :)

oh trust me, I know that "horrible day" and "being emotional" thing - I've been going through it for the past 2 weeks!! but yesterday was finally a good day and all the things that had me so stressed managed to work themselves out. I seriously think we do it to ourselves!!! and the guys just stand there and shake their heads :laughing:

here's to the lighter side of life and a better day for you! :hug:

oh trust me, I know that "horrible day" and "being emotional" thing - I've been going through it for the past 2 weeks!! but yesterday was finally a good day and all the things that had me so stressed managed to work themselves out. I seriously think we do it to ourselves!!! and the guys just stand there and shake their heads :laughing:

here's to the lighter side of life and a better day for you! :hug:

thanks for the hug! my horrible week is still going but I got a little exciting news! My "sister" called me today and asked me to watch my ring barrier on Monday so I said yeah so she asked about the wedding and I said my mom won't let me look at dresses yet so she is going to bring hers over and I can try it on! I probably won't like it but it's ok because it will be the first dress I try on! Ahh I'm so excited! And shes going to take me out one weekend looking!!!!!! My friday the 13th isnt as bad as I thought!! YAY!!!!

thanks for the hug! my horrible week is still going but I got a little exciting news! My "sister" called me today and asked me to watch my ring barrier on Monday so I said yeah so she asked about the wedding and I said my mom won't let me look at dresses yet so she is going to bring hers over and I can try it on! I probably won't like it but it's ok because it will be the first dress I try on! Ahh I'm so excited! And shes going to take me out one weekend looking!!!!!! My friday the 13th isnt as bad as I thought!! YAY!!!!

yayy!!

Have fun with it...its dress up for big girls;)

Ill keep my eye out for you tiara...otherwise....there are some really beautiful ones out there

dont give up:thumbsup2

thanks guys! it means alot! im really upset this has been a horrible week. I was going to buy the bracelet because I found it on ebay for 51 dollars plus 10 for shipping. But then I got to my bank account online like I do every day to make sure everythings ok and somehow I'm missing $140!!! needless to say I missed the whole bracelet bid and i'm still out 140! I'd like to know where it went!! ugh this is NOT my year. :scared1:

Hey guys!! I decided to update with pictures of my ring barriers and flower girl. That's right I decided to have two ring barriers because they are brothers and with the ages they will be they will deff. fight over this.

This is Nick.. he should be 3 when I get married
DSCN0114.jpg

This is Cameron he will be 8 when I get married..this is an old picture becasue the new one I have of him is somehow missing from my computer
100_0515.jpg

This is Abby. She will be 4 when I get married
DSCN0043.jpg

Cameron and Nick are my "newphews" Abby is a little girl I babysit.

Hey guys! Thanks for the ideas!! I can't wait to actually start planning which will be after the 30th because I'm going to see the reception hall! So excited. Anyways heres how we met and the proposal! Hope you guys enjoy.

Alright so I figure I’ll do the usual and write how we met and how we became engaged. I met Joey from match.com, yeah I know lame! After a month of talking online and after making up countless excuses for not meeting him I finally decided to meet him November 4th, 2006. I only didn’t want to meet him because I didn’t believe in love anymore and after having my heart broken countless times I didn’t think any guys were the “nice guys.” Plus he was 24 and I was 19 and he’d never been in a relationship, never kissed a girl, etc. We went out to dinner at Chili’s and he brought me home after and we sat outside of my house in the car talking for hours. I didn’t want him to leave! He came over the next day and helped me make a turkey bulletin board for school. For about two weeks we saw each other only a few times a week. Shortly after I asked him to be my boyfriend on November 14th, 2006, he said yes and we started seeing each other every day and he would sleep over. My parents loved him! Around December I realized he was the one. I had never felt like this about anyone, I know it sounds so soon but I just knew he was the one. I told him I loved him and he said he did too. Of course I didn’t believe him but after a few days of him proving he did I believed him...

The proposal was actually my doing. We had been talking about marriage and children for awhile and finally I was like forget it I’m not waiting for him. I had it all set up but he ended up working late!!!! So on March 3rd, 2007 we were in a rush because we had to meet my family at Chili’s for dinner. I had set up some tickets starting at the backdoor to my bedroom door. There were five of them and each had a reason why I loved him and a hint for another card. When he got to my door there was a stop sign and a sign that said something like you can’t enter without five cards. Then on my wall I had will you marry me Joey on it. Of course he said yes and we went out to dinner. I got the ring about two weeks later; it means a lot because it was my Nana’s ring so it’s not huge but it’s perfect and has meaning. We broke the engagement for two days in April because of his twin brothers girlfriend! She hates me and was jealous because shes pregnant and not engaged, well she is now but whatever. We actually broke up but then he gave me the ring back! Here’s some pictures of what I did.

100_1389.jpg

100_1390.jpg

100_1403.jpg

100_1397.jpg

100_1398.jpg

THAT IS AWESOME! WHAT A GREAT IDEA. I'M FROM THE AREA SOUTH OF BOSTON THAT IS. I WOULD ALSO LOVE LOVE TO HAVE A DISNEY WEDDING BUT MY PARENTS AND I CAN DEFF NOT AFFORD IT. BUT WE WILL HONEYMOON THERE. I HAVE BEEN WITH MY BF FOR 2YRS AND WE ARE ABOUT TO TAKE THAT NEXT STEP. GLAD TO SEE SOME OTHER YOUNG COUPLES SO HAPPY. GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING!! KEEP US UP TO DATE ON EVERYHING.

THAT IS AWESOME! WHAT A GREAT IDEA. I'M FROM THE AREA SOUTH OF BOSTON THAT IS. I WOULD ALSO LOVE LOVE TO HAVE A DISNEY WEDDING BUT MY PARENTS AND I CAN DEFF NOT AFFORD IT. BUT WE WILL HONEYMOON THERE. I HAVE BEEN WITH MY BF FOR 2YRS AND WE ARE ABOUT TO TAKE THAT NEXT STEP. GLAD TO SEE SOME OTHER YOUNG COUPLES SO HAPPY. GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING!! KEEP US UP TO DATE ON EVERYHING.

thanks :) i stil can't believe i asked him! i've always dreamed of the guy asking me but hey life doesn't always work that way. Yeah don't you hate how much disney weddings cost?!!!!! it's insane. Good luck wiht taking that next step. i will deff keep you up to date!! Glad to hear from another MA person!!! oooo and I just noticed your going to disney next month! SO AM I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

thanks :) i stil can't believe i asked him! i've always dreamed of the guy asking me but hey life doesn't always work that way. Yeah don't you hate how much disney weddings cost?!!!!! it's insane. Good luck wiht taking that next step. i will deff keep you up to date!! Glad to hear from another MA person!!! oooo and I just noticed your going to disney next month! SO AM I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

we will be down there from the 19th-24th...staying @ fort wilderness. It's my WHOLE family going for this one. Should be a good time though chaotic but fun.

we will be down there from the 19th-24th...staying @ fort wilderness. It's my WHOLE family going for this one. Should be a good time though chaotic but fun.

thats freaky were staying at fort wilderness too!!! we are there from aug 17th-sept 2nd i believe. something like that. are u staying in a cabin or the RV area?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter