Cinderella castle refurbishment

At least it's not a pink birthday cake.....

Or they didn't stick a big Soccer Hat in front of it for a few years...

Because of the projection system all thry can do is paint. And paint so projection is not effective, With out fireworks going. Most likely projection system will not be used

I thought the pink, blue and gold looked quite lovely in the artwork, but will reserve judgement until I get to see it in person. The castle is, to me, absolutely iconic, and I hope to find it lovely and fresh, not Pepto Pink!

Wondering if the castle lights might NOT be part of the holiday decor this year. It was my understanding that the light strings were colour-coordinated to blend with the background so as to be less obvious in the daytime. With the background colour changed, the existing lights would need to be replaced. Of course, I imagine those things are regularly replaced anyway. FiNgers tightly crossed that the new colours are beautiful and the lights in place for the 2020 holiday season.

The shades of pink on Sleeping Beauty castle work. It’s a smaller castle, and it’s cute.

Cinderella castle is grand and majestic. I like the gold accents. I even like the more vibrant blue. But Cinderella castle is too big for the pink.

As always, I reserve my final opinion for when I eventually see it in person! My initial reaction is that the pink doesn’t work.

That may have to do with the zoom lens on the camera.

It'll be something I'll have to see in person honestly. But I don't like it all. That image makes the gold appear very dull and doesn't stand out. But again, could be just that picture.

Well, after seeing a recent stream from the Poly, I stand by my earlier comment: I think this darker and bolder paint job was done, in part, to help the castle stand out better from a distance. It looks like it really pops on the horizon. I think they wanted to make the castle more visible from more angles and locations. I still don't like the colors, but I get that it's more of an impact visually.

Yeah, maybe it is just the lighting in that particular picture, but I don't think I'm a fan either. In a way, however, it seems appropriate for the castle to be a yuck (in my opinion) color right now - it seems an appropriate symbol of the times. I'll think of it as "Covid Pink". Hopefully, if life ever returns to normal, they'll repaint it, and it will be a symbolic renewal type situation.

Yea - not liking the pink. Where in the life of Cinderella was their pink? Her dress was blue. I really liked the whitish castle with the blue turrets. These blue look more periwinkle-hued.

Because of the projection onto the castle. Only certain thing can be done to it. With out reworking the projection system. They can not add anything to it. And have to be careful on paint colors

Yea - not liking the pink. Where in the life of Cinderella was their pink? Her dress was blue. I really liked the whitish castle with the blue turrets. These blue look more periwinkle-hued.
Her mother’s dress that her friends makeover was pink. 🤷🏻‍♀️ There’s a whole loungefly set inspires by it.

Yeah, maybe it is just the lighting in that particular picture, but I don't think I'm a fan either. In a way, however, it seems appropriate for the castle to be a yuck (in my opinion) color right now - it seems an appropriate symbol of the times. I'll think of it as "Covid Pink". Hopefully, if life ever returns to normal, they'll repaint it, and it will be a symbolic renewal type situation.
They painted the castle for the 50th anniversary. Hoping they will make a change back for the 51st. lol

I may change my mind when I see it in person, but I don't understand why they would change the color of something so iconic. Maybe they are trying to drive people to Tokyo Disneyland?

Personally, I’d like to think that they factored prolonged sun exposure on the castle and went brighter to achieve the intended outcome after a bit if time passes. I bet they have before/afters on previous refurbs and maybe they have trouble with the paint fading fast? Lol we shall see...

Not sure how you can factor in sun exposure too much? I assume that you're going to have to touch it up from time to time.

Also the gold doesn't really stand out to me in the few pictures I've seen. I thought it would be shinier or stand out more.

I would think that most outdoor paint is designed to NOT fade unless it's left on for decades.

I think they just goofed with the blue paint and didn't think it would turn out that bright and harsh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter