• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cinderella Castle Makeover (March through Summer 2020)

From the announcement on disney.go.com:
While temporary construction equipment may be present while Cinderella Castle receives its royal makeover, it will remain uncovered and we will do our best to ensure guests are still able to capture special photos and memories in this iconic spot.
Jason Kirk on February 19, 2020 at 10:02 am

Fingers crossed 🤞that this remains true. It has such a wow factor- seems like the magic and pixie dust emanates from it! Would hate to miss that on our trip in August, but even more so would hate for first timers to miss out on it!

Also found this on same Disney Parks Blog post:

"Our work is expected to begin in the coming weeks and be complete before the end of summer. I hope you have a magical trip!
Jason Kirk on February 19, 2020 at 10:01 am"

It’s funny, when I first saw the picture, I thought it was hideous. But the more I look at it, the more it’s growing on me. I’m not a fan of gold, but it really looks pretty. The side by side picture really emphasizes how much the changes will truly enhance the castle’s features. I’m looking forward to it.

You can pretty much be sure there will be scaffolding on at least some part of the castle through this refurb. likely cranes as well. It's the only way to get up there to do the work. I am not thrilled. I don't love the whole pink and gold thing.

Be aware its very unlikely its "pink". A good example is take a look at the Hong Kong castle artwork vs real life. The color is very much subdued.

A closer look suggests they are going to refurb the "Partners" statue as well. In the rendering on the right it looks more gold/bronze than dark gray

A closer look suggests they are going to refurb the "Partners" statue as well. In the rendering on the right it looks more gold/bronze than dark gray
Partners statue is staying the same. They concept art is actually using the foreground/hub of old. So that is pre-hub expansion.

Odds of this being completed SOONER than the end of summer? Does Disney ever complete projects in a shorter timeframe than they state???

I can see how it's disappointing to some and most certainly for the kiddos going for the first time. Honestly, I'd rather see the castle scrimmed than have major ride refurbs on my trip, but I've seen the castle many times before. Refurbs are important. We we would most certainly complain louder if it was allowed to decay with peeling paint, bird-crusted battlements and falling pieces.

We are headed to WDW on tues. Taking my Mom as a surprise trip( she hasn’t been since there was only one park). She is 82 and she wants to see the castle.
Are there any signs of scrim going up? It will be a disappointment that will be tough to handle for her.
I need a heads up to soften the blow.

We are headed to WDW on tues. Taking my Mom as a surprise trip( she hasn’t been since there was only one park). She is 82 and she wants to see the castle.
Are there any signs of scrim going up? It will be a disappointment that will be tough to handle for her.
I need a heads up to soften the blow.

No scrims or anything for now. You can see evidence of the new gold accents and other portions that have been repainted around some of the outer building turrets and such. It looks great, BTW.

https://blogmickey.com/2020/02/more...lla-castle-makeover-project-at-magic-kingdom/
It does look like they've drained the moat, FWIW:

https://blogmickey.com/2020/02/cinderella-castle-moat-drained-for-royal-makeover-project/

I like the gold with the deep blue color. Very royal-looking. What I'm not that excited about is the pink with it.
Exactly this. I thought the pinkness was just a sunset-look rendering. I had no clue until I read something yesterday that it’s actually going to be pink! Why?? Auroras dress is pink—her castle is pink. Cinderella has a blue dress—blue castle. Right?? Ugh.

Exactly this. I thought the pinkness was just a sunset-look rendering. I had no clue until I read something yesterday that it’s actually going to be pink! Why?? Auroras dress is pink—her castle is pink. Cinderella has a blue dress—blue castle. Right?? Ugh.
I go every Monday and this past one i made sure to look at the new paint job in the building behind in comparison to the castle.
What's interesting is that each individual "brick" on the castle has a different color, range from light grey to the pink. The pink "bricks" on the castle are faded but it is the same pink that's on the back building
Also it's more peach than pink
Just my observation, i think they're going to use that color but not on the entire castle, just the individual bricks along with repainting the light gray, gray, blueish...

I go every Monday and this past one i made sure to look at the new paint job in the building behind in comparison to the castle.
What's interesting is that each individual "brick" on the castle has a different color, range from light grey to the pink. The pink "bricks" on the castle are faded but it is the same pink that's on the back building
Also it's more peach than pink
Just my observation, i think they're going to use that color but not on the entire castle, just the individual bricks along with repainting the light gray, gray, blueish...
Ahhh its just supposed to look like natural variations in the stones. Well I can live with that! I do think the gold is going to be lovely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter