Cigars on the Dream

BZW

Earning My Ears
I’m cruising with my FIL and he likes to smoke a cigar in the evening. Can you bring your own cigars on the ship? Also, can he bring a lighter in his checked bag?

Thanks in advance.

I would assume if the cruise line sells cigars and offers a place to smoke them they would allow you to bring your own. Can’t think of a reason to prohibit a cigar lighter but I’m sure you can call/email and ask.

Reactions: BZW
My dad is a cigar smoker and brought his on the Dream in Jan 2022 with no problems. I don't recall any limitations.

Keep in mind that if he is flying he will need a special DOT approved case if he is going to bring a butane torch/lighter. He can carry a Bic with him. From the TSA website:

Disposable and Zippo Lighters

• Carry On Bags: Yes
  • Checked Bags: Yes (Special Instructions)
Disposable and Zippo lighters without fuel are allowed in checked bags. Lighters with fuel are prohibited in checked bags, unless they adhere to the Department of Transportation exemption, which allows up to two fueled lighters if properly enclosed in a DOT approved case.

From a stand point of baggage for the cruise checkin process itself, there is no difference from carry on and checked baggage. Anything that is allowed as checked can be carried on as you have access to both anyways. Not some items must be carried on and not checked, ie water/ soft drinks, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter