• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Churro Mickey Waffles

lilmc

DIS Veteran
Is there a churro Mickey waffle thread? Does someone track the data? Is it seemingly random? If anyone out there is tracking this delicious phenomenon, we just got off the Oct 13th 4 night sailing on the Dream from NYC and they were at Cabanas on Day 2 only. Never to be offered again much to the chagrin to many I heard inquiring in line.

Is there a churro Mickey waffle thread? Does someone track the data? Is it seemingly random? If anyone out there is tracking this delicious phenomenon, we just got off the Oct 13th 4 night sailing on the Dream from NYC and they were at Cabanas on Day 2 only. Never to be offered again much to the chagrin to many I heard inquiring in line.
You xan always request a special batch for the next morning through your head server. I like to believe the more people donit, the more often they ll put them out. On cruises up to a week they tend to do thzm just once and on longer ones 2-3 times. Its the chef who decides but on the Fantasy it seems to be the last seaday

I can report Churro Waffles on the Magic on the last sea day during a May Cruise. This was an 8 day. Maybe they were in Cabanas on the first day and we missed them, but MIL hunted them/asked about them pretty much the whole time.

Views and Queues also notes them on the Magic over the summer in this video.

I would do as @Chipmunkmaniac suggested and either ask your server, or check with a manager at Cabanas.

On the TA, our head server mentioned when they would have them in Cabanas the next day as part of her whole, "this is when things are open tomorrow" spiel.

On our 6 night magic sailing in March, they were in cabanas the morning we were arriving in Grand Cayman. Most of the reports I see of them are on sea days so I guess my sailing was the odd one out.

I also was watching for them on our 8 night Fantasy and only saw them one morning.. they were a nice change and it would have been swell to have gotten them twice!

On the 8 night Alaska cruise on the Wonder they were out twice, but I can’t remember which mornings.

We were on a Med cruise the end of May and the Churro waffles were only available the first day of breakfast. Just off a 4 night New York cruise and again they were only available the first day of breakfast. Would have been nice to have them at least one more day.

I didn't know that they were making the churro mickey waffles a limited time offering these days. Thanks for the heads up. They were the only waffles offered at Cabanas when we were on the magic in 2022. One kid loved the churro version, the other the traditional waffles in the MDR, so we would sometimes split up for breakfast.

We were on the Dream last week on a 6 night and only did Cabanas for breakfast two mornings. One being debarkation. The first time we went they had churro and standard waffles. It was either day 4 or 5.

On our Transatlantic cruise this past Sept, I noticed a lot of people with them on their plates in Cabanas. I didn't try them because I don't like churros, but everyone seemed to enjoy it...there was a woman carrying two plates full of them, I assume it's for her children. She had at least 12....

12 children or 12 waffles??
12 waffles! 🤣

Wow...it didn't even occur to me that she would have 12 children...if I have that many kids, I would definitely make sure my husband and several other family members are there to help...
😩
I have two and that's plenty for me.

I had them for the first time on the Dream this summer and was disappointed. They seemed really greasy. Just got off the Magic WBPC cruise and had them many times. They were delicious and NOT greasy!

I had them for the first time on the Dream this summer and was disappointed. They seemed really greasy. Just got off the Magic WBPC cruise and had them many times. They were delicious and NOT greasy!
We.had them most recently on the Dream in Europe too and they were very disappointing compared to the time before (Wonder or Magic). I'm thinking the ingredients were different on the Europe cruises.

I was on the WBPC too and it seemed they were available every other day. I resisted though. It just looks too decadant.
Somehow, I only gained 2.6 lbs on the whole cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter