• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Church Burned Down for Fighting Virus Restrictions

Sorry, I missed the link -- probably got carried away in the excitement of this thread, lol.

Wow...she's sure got the world figured out, hasn't she? Just saying she disagreed with something you said simply wouldn't have sufficed, I guess. smh :rolleyes:

At least I was right about the donkey part! I love the tone of entitled self-satisfaction and self-righteousness!

It is true.

Here is the Google Voice transcription of the call.
View attachment 496617

The world is full of psychopaths.

Click here to listen to the voicemail
Weird recording.
Sorry, I missed the link -- probably got carried away in the excitement of this thread, lol.

Wow...she's sure got the world figured out, hasn't she? Just saying she disagreed with something you said simply wouldn't have sufficed, I guess. smh :rolleyes:

At least I was right about the donkey part! I love the tone of entitled self-satisfaction and self-righteousness!
Weirder still.

It is a sad tale indeed and I imagine most disconcerting to receive such a message. Can you recognise/place the accent?
Someone on another forum set up a Facebook page to spew hate about me and the forum itself quite recently. My only advice is to walk away, don’t respond and eventually they will (hopefully) get bored and stop. Interestingly, I thought twice about posting this, just in case he is lurking out there in cyberspace.

Last edited:
Plenty of things a stalker does aren't something the police would act on.

I'm shocked that anyone here wouldn't see that voice mail as threatening. Because it's WAY over the lines of decency.
I feel like it was intended to rattle/scare for sure. Just that someone would go to the trouble is enough to give you pause. I imagine the police would need a direct threat and some kind of pattern.

Years ago I had a regular come into the bookstore and as I was ringing him out he started spewing all sorts of racist comments. I was so stunned I was speechless. I guess he took my silence as agreeing with him and took it to another level. At that point I snapped, “Why are you saying these things to me? Do you think because I’m white I’m okay with that? I’m not!” He got this really scary look on his face, stormed out of the store and about 20mins later I got a phone call, “You better learn to watch your mouth little girl, you don’t know who you’re dealing with!” I definitely felt threatened but would it have been considered an actual threat? I’m not sure. I just made sure to have a scary looking friend hang out at the store periodically for a week or so. Guy never came back. Either his bark was worse than his bite or my friend’s presence did the trick.

The whole church thing is a sad commentary on the state of humans no matter how it pans out, whether it truly was an act of someone who disagreed with their stance, insurance fraud, or an attention-getting act to gain sympathy for their stance. But what really scares me is the increasing prevalence of people on the extreme sides of an issue who feel their stance is so supreme that they feel entitled and justified to personally threaten or bully someone, call them names, or engage in campaigns to shame others publicly.

Plenty of things a stalker does aren't something the police would act on.

I'm shocked that anyone here wouldn't see that voice mail as threatening. Because it's WAY over the lines of decency.
The caller is just childish.

In order for a "threat" to be criminal, it normally has to be an "imminent threat." That means they must be threatening right here and right now, and must have both the means and ability to harm the victim in some way. As silly as the caller was, she did not threaten any harm.

There are obviously exceptions to the imminent threat standard, but they are mostly things like bomb threats or threats against public officials.

If kdonnel really wanted to track the caller down, it wouldn't be a big deal to do.

But what really scares me is the increasing prevalence of people on the extreme sides of an issue who feel their stance is so supreme that they feel entitled and justified to personally threaten or bully someone, call them names, or engage in campaigns to shame others publicly.
I'm more amused than scared, but it certainly is disappointing to see childish stuff like that happening here on the DIS.

Maybe someone here can help me. I listened to the recording several times, unable to understand a key word in the message. The caller said: "accept the _____ of people". What is that word?

Maybe someone here can help me. I listened to the recording several times, unable to understand a key word in the message. The caller said: "accept the _____ of people". What is that word?
"...to accept the deaths of people..."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter