• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Church Burned Down for Fighting Virus Restrictions

Umm, this is Mississippi. A state where churches get burned down all the time by racists idiots, not to mention mass murders in churches by gun nuts.

That is exactly who you are, guv'nor. Exactly.

You are so far off base and so very clueless.

Yes, it IS Mississippi. And NO churches are not burned down “all the time”. .

Racists are in every state and I can guarantee you there aren’t more there than there are in your state or mine.

Mass murders? Do you look anything up before you post it? There have been 3 mass shootings. One in a high school, one in a place of employment and the other was a shooting spree.

So it’s not exactly who they are.

Who they are is a state who is praying all over the state for this church even coming across the state line asking for our prayers. Who they are a state that immediately starts raising money to help this church. Check your judgement because it is totally uncalled for. I don’t even live there and take great offense to your words.

This is one of those cases that makes you go, "Huh?"

Why would anyone burn a church down because they violated Covid orders? Makes no sense.

I could certainly see holding a demonstration, etc, but burning the place down is really bizarre. It seems like that would only generate sympathy for the church.

The spray-painting is certainly not the only evidence the police have. I'd wait until the entire case is resolved before making any judgments.

Maybe it's a backlash response from various nationwide instances of employees being attacked or murdered when requesting that their customers wear masks.

This is one of those cases that makes you go, "Huh?"

Why would anyone burn a church down because they violated Covid orders? Makes no sense.

I could certainly see holding a demonstration, etc, but burning the place down is really bizarre. It seems like that would only generate sympathy for the church.

The spray-painting is certainly not the only evidence the police have. I'd wait until the entire case is resolved before making any judgments.
Same. I'm guessing the graffiti is a red herring. But I will wait for the evidence.

You are so far off base and so very clueless.

Yes, it IS Mississippi. And NO churches are not burned down “all the time”. .

Racists are in every state and I can guarantee you there aren’t more there than there are in your state or mine.

Mass murders? Do you look anything up before you post it? There have been 3 mass shootings. One in a high school, one in a place of employment and the other was a shooting spree.

So it’s not exactly who they are.

Who they are is a state who is praying all over the state for this church even coming across the state line asking for our prayers. Who they are a state that immediately starts raising money to help this church. Check your judgement because it is totally uncalled for. I don’t even live there and take great offense to your words.

This is very true. There is a perception that there are more racists in the South, however in my experience I have met plenty who were from Northern and other states. I think racial issues are highlighted more because of the population so it might seem to be the case, and certianly there are issues, though at least we attempt to deal with them. I've seen a lot of casual racism in areas where the population is very homogenous - stuff that I was taught was not okay at all growing up in the South. I think you can see it anywhere, though I don't think the majority of people anywhere, South, North, etc. really feel that way at all, even in Mississippi.

And that's a horrible event - there are better way to express one's opinion on the matter than arson! I hoep they catch the perpetrators.

Umm, this is Mississippi. A state where churches get burned down all the time by racists idiots, not to mention mass murders in churches by gun nuts.

That is exactly who you are, guv'nor. Exactly.
So you think they deserved it?

I don't agree with this church's position regarding social distancing but more vehemently disagree with the act of burning down a house of worship. It's a sign of true cowardice, terrorism, and intimidation.
I can't say whether the message left on the scene is a red herring or not but I will say if true it was the act of the truly despicable.

This is very true. There is a perception that there are more racists in the South, however in my experience I have met plenty who were from Northern and other states. I think racial issues are highlighted more because of the population so it might seem to be the case, and certianly there are issues, though at least we attempt to deal with them. I've seen a lot of casual racism in areas where the population is very homogenous - stuff that I was taught was not okay at all growing up in the South. I think you can see it anywhere, though I don't think the majority of people anywhere, South, North, etc. really feel that way at all, even in Mississippi.

And that's a horrible event - there are better way to express one's opinion on the matter than arson! I hoep they catch the perpetrators.
I don't see any indication of racism in this particular case at all. The church appears to be a white church.

But some posters just want to post what they want to post, whether if makes any sense or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter