Chubby in Chicago (Barb Embarks on a Losing Campaign)

inkkognito

<font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon
I intended to start this in January, but it's been an insanely busy year so far. Hard to believe that it's half over already! Oh well, there's no time like the present, especially with as much vacationing as we do. If I can keep my eating sane while we're home and halfway sane while we're cruising, I'll be doing good.
Since the biggest killer is that we never have time to cook, so we eat a lot of fast food, I joined Nutrisystem so I can have quick-to-prepare healthy options and can plan out my meals (choice is another big killer for me). We also belong to LifeTime Fitness, so both hubby and I are committing to going there regularly, and when I don't, I have exercise balls, a door gym, an exercise bike, and plenty of videotapes to do a good home workout.
Anybody else out there in the Chicago area trying to lose weight? I've found some "buddies" via Nutrisystem and I'm always looking for more because the support really helps. Email me at disneycruise@yahoo.com
So far so good...I've behaved almost all last week, and my first shipment of food came today. But we're eating out two days this weekend so I have to be careful!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

oh Barb, welcome. I LOVE your cruise site!!! We are newbie cruisers in December :)

are you joining our family here? We'd love to have you :)

Nope, not cruising in Dec. We'll be doing our traditional Thanksgiving cruise and then won't be sailing again till Jan. or Feb.
My food arrived yesterday, and I was surprised that it was quite good for shelf stable items that don't need refrigeration. Also, there are items that I can bring with me to the airport and on the plane when we leave for our cruise next Fri. That will keep me away from the airport food court! We're going out to eat tonight, so I am going to force myself out to the health club beforehand for a little damage control. I am committed to exercise every day on the cruise too, and hopefully hubby will act as the enforcer because I tend to get very lazy on vacation.
We'll see how it goes!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter