• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chronic pancreatitis?

gracerussell

Mouseketeer
My husband had an extremely acute pancreatitis attack last summer due to a gallstone, and it now looks like this has become chronic. We are doing our first trip as DVCers on 11/29. I know he should eat very low fat, but does anyone have tips for maneuvering through all the WDW eats in order to avoid an attack? We are doing Chef Mickeys, Hoop de Doo, 1900 Park Fare. Thanks!!!

All the sit-down restaurants are very good at dealing with dietary issues. Best thing to do is include the information with your reservation and tell your waiter. Also be clear that it isn't just a "preference" it is a health issue (so they don't subconsciously lump you into a category like people that say they have an allegry even though they just don't like something.)

The only issue that I can see is that you are doing a few buffets. Since they aren't specifically making those meals for you it may involve them telling you which you can and can't have based on your issues.

I don't have any suggestions but, as someone who battled that, I know how absolutely horrible it is. I have never had such pain as I did with that. Mine were never triggered by eating fatty foods. They would just appear. For four years I would have attacks. I kept going to the ER and to doctors and none of them could figure out what was going on. Finally, an amazing GI in Fort Worth was able to discover that gallstones had become lodged in my pancreas from when I had my gallbladder removed. After a procedure to remove the stones from the pancreas, I have been pain free for the past 3 years.

I hope you and your husband have a great trip and that he can find some relief.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter