Christmas with the Royals

Bet the food is divine and delicicous. :cloud9: So due to the weigh-in, I would personally aim to lose 3-5 lbs before. Therefore when you weigh-in before you're under and after you'll be at your normal to you weight number. :tongue: It wouldn't bother me. I practice the above before Thanksgiving & Christmas so I can indulge a little bit without the guilt or gain.

Sounds like it's all in good fun, I doubt anyone is recording down the weights and keeping them on file.
Would I do it, sure if it meant I was living the life of a Royal, there are worse things to be "required" to do even when you aren't a Princess.

Seems to me like they could have learned a lesson from Diana’s life experience and maybe discontinued something like this that could be an issue for anyone with body image issues or potential eating disorders.

In today's more health conscious mindset I'm surprised this has stuck around. Doesn't seem like a good thing to continue to perpetuate, this idea that you're supposed to gain weight to reflect you're well fed.

The other stuff like entering by seniority okay whatever, wear paper hats sure fine, but getting on a scale to get your weight? That's a tradition that should have probably ceased to existed long ago. The walk around the grounds is probably a good tradition though, maybe one more people should do.

I’m curious about the “antique scales” and imagining something like this…
07BEFF0C-3AFB-45DB-A2A2-73B902F5EBD9.jpeg

Yeah, that sounds like the truth.
Now that's a question they should have asked Harry in his last interview.

In today's more health conscious mindset I'm surprised this has stuck around. Doesn't seem like a good thing to continue to perpetuate, this idea that you're supposed to gain weight to reflect you're well fed.

The other stuff like entering by seniority okay whatever, wear paper hats sure fine, but getting on a scale to get your weight? That's a tradition that should have probably ceased to existed long ago. The walk around the grounds is probably a good tradition though, maybe one more people should do.
I really don't think we are more health conscious today....
It's quite apparent when you look around a crowded place, as so many people are more obese than ever.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/americans-weight-gain-since-1980s-startling/https://time.com/4435152/obesity-overweight-height-americans/https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/obesity-and-overweight

I'm guessing this tradition is for good fun, but what do any of us really know? "Reports" on the royals every move are in great number, but very few have actual first hand knowledge of private events like these.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter