Christmas Week = Chaos??

canadianmom2three

DIS Veteran
We were there from the 18th - 26th a few years ago and loved it. Have been planning a trip for this year, 21st - 28th. As it gets closer, I'm a little worried that the crowds will be more than we are expecting. We didn't actually go to the parks on the 25th and 26th last time, so perhaps I'm not really prepared for what it will be like the 25th - 28th?? We are also taking my sister and her two younger boys, which is very different than our family of teens who are fast and independent walkers in a crowd....

I just don't want them to come away with a bad taste for Disney - they've never been and I want them to want to go back lol!!

My plan is:
21 - no park - late arrival
22 - Epcot
23 - MK
24 - AK
25 - HS
26 - Epcot
27 - MK
28 - no parks

So I'm hoping we can do MK and Epcot the 22 and 23 without too much problem, and then just use our FP+ on the 27th and 28th.....is this plan even realistic?? And I have no idea how busy HS is on Christmas day - it doesn't seem like it would be that popular but when everything is packed, I'm sure it will be busy....

Madness. Wall to wall people.

That said, it's our favorite time to visit. But we tour early and very late.

It is do-able... just have a good plan and prepare for LOTS of people.

If you stay away from MK on Christmas Day, and get to the parks early all week, it will be fine. Crazy busy, but fun!

Any experience with HS on Christmas Day? I'm just not sure what to expect there. We were thinking of not arriving until about noon, or maybe even later, but staying until close. Our only must-do's there include TSMM and some of the shows that the kids like (Indiana Jones etc.) so I was hoping we could sleep in on Christmas day...:lmao:

When we were there over Christmas it was crowded and MK "closed" to new entries around noon. However, we went to AK at EMH rope drop which was quite early. We did all the major rides we wanted to and Expedition Everest at least 4 times, had an early lunch at Yak and Yeti (absolutely loved) and then headed back to resort around 1 PM. The place felt pretty empty during those early morning hours. As we were leaving it seemed mobs of people were heading in. We spent the afternoon back at the hotel enjoying the pool before heading to another resort for a more traditional Christmas dinner.

On the 26th we headed to MK at rope drop (again very early) and once again the crowds were pretty light and we were able to ride everything we wanted and some multiple times. We again left the park midday.

We too were very nervous as we had traditionally been during low times. The key for us was the early morning EMH rope drops and finding things away from the crowds for the afternoons. I would do it again without hesitating.

We were there from the 18th - 26th a few years ago and loved it. Have been planning a trip for this year, 21st - 28th. As it gets closer, I'm a little worried that the crowds will be more than we are expecting.

My plan is:
21 - no park - late arrival
22 - Epcot
23 - MK
24 - AK
25 - HS
26 - Epcot
27 - MK
28 - no parks

We have done/doing similar trips. We went the Christmas of 2011 from December 17-24 and it was very doable. We stayed late (after the last parade) and truly rode some of the rides back to back because the crowds were so low. This year we are going from December 21-27 and I am worried about the crowds, too. As with you, our plan is to be at HS on Christmas day. But, I'm with you, nervous about the crowds.

We have been there and will be there this Christmas again. Yes, it is crowded but if you plan well it will be magical. I will only change two days in your plan. Go to HS on 12/24 and to AK on 12/25. AK will be the least full from all the parks on 12/25. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter