Christmas vacation to Maine and PEI? ETA Philadelphia???

I hope not everything will be closed. We're going to be on a cruise from Boston to Quebec in September with an excursion to PEI on September 18th.
This is going back a few years, so my memory is fuzzy, but there was a little harbour area with shops and restaurants right near where the cruises came in. That was still open, but the inland attractions were closed.

Thanks everyone. Now I'm thinking just a couple of days in Maine for Christmas Eve, and day in a cozy bed and breakfast then Philadelphia for several days as it is midway between home and Maine. Thoughts? Yes I know it will probably cold, bleak, grey, etc, but I've never been and next summer is totally booked.

Otherwise ideas that we can drive from Virginia? DH mentioned Charlestown (?) South Carolina.

Philadelphia will be cold enough to feel "winter holiday" but often won't be winter-bleak (yet) in late December. Honestly, we often haven't even had our first measurable snow fall by then.

The Christmas Village market typically closes on Christmas Eve but the Deck the Hall light projection show at City Hall should still be playing, you'd still be able to see The Miracle on South 13th Street (fun display by the residents of that South Philly street), and the holiday organ concert and Dicken's Village should still be going on at the Center City Macy's (just behind City Hall). I had a presale code but I think tickets go on public sale soon for the Cirque Holidaze show.

If you have time, consider including a visit to Longwood Gardens!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter