• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Tree Toppers

Blown Glass Santa Finial Red Christmas Tree Topper 10" | eBay

We bought one just like this our first married Christmas in 1980. We have used it every year, but one year the tree fell over and the top sphere broke, so we glued Santa onto the intact smaller sphere and stem. We still love it, and you cant't really tell it was repaired.

I grew up on a farm. We always had real trees - cut off of the farm. They were not in a n ice point on top, so if we had any kind of topper at all, it was just a plain felt bow.

DH and I had a Boyd Bear angel topper for several years, and then when we upgraded to our 9 foot tree, she wouldn't fit - so we haven't had a topper for 3-4 years now. It doesn't bother any of us, I've kinda thought I've been on the look out for a new one, but I haven't looked very hard.

We have two angels, one has lights, the other doesn't, and an old star (the ones with tinsel and lights around it.) I didn't feel like pulling everything out of the storage shed to find the Christmas decorations, so I just bought new ornaments, lights, the thing that goes around the bottom, and a topper.

This years topper is...

View attachment 631457

Not my choice. DH wanted a Death Star, but it wouldn't get here in time, so he picked this instead. /sigh
We will have on the tree: several Tardises (Tardi?), multi colored Daleks, Cybermen, some smaller Weeping Angels, and his absolute favorite Doctor with his scarf.

Where'd ya get that??????

We have a sci-fi/superhero themed tree (I'll eventually split them out into 2 trees but don't have enough for that yet. It's a silver tinsel tree with purple lights. I've used different things for toppers but this year I stuck an Air Hogs Starship Enterprise model on top.

Nothing exciting on our other trees, just generic stars that I picked up on sale.

Years ago, my daughter went to a nursery during Christmas time and they each made a living wreath. One of the accents she used was an ornamental (read fake) sprig of cranberries on some twigs and we saved it and that’s now our topper. It doesn’t sit atop the tree but is artfully arranged near the top.

Where'd ya get that??????

We have a sci-fi/superhero themed tree (I'll eventually split them out into 2 trees but don't have enough for that yet. It's a silver tinsel tree with purple lights. I've used different things for toppers but this year I stuck an Air Hogs Starship Enterprise model on top.

Nothing exciting on our other trees, just generic stars that I picked up on sale.

Amazon. All of it on Amazon.

Our current tree is too tall for an actual topper, so we just made sure there was a star ornament right near the top:

Growing up, my parents had a lighted star - the kind with tinsel and little colored bulbs.

When DS was little, we often had a star he had made that particular year.

We also own a miniature angel one, because we used to have a small tabletop tree as well.

For years I had a semi opaque, white textured star made of acrylic. Very sturdy but as our trees got taller and bigger it didn’t have enough presence so I got this “stained glass” looking one. DD “borrowed” the first and when she moved to Seattle I officially gave it to her. It’s still my favorite of the toppers I’ve had. First pic is DD’s tree (and my grandkitty Maggie) last year and second is our tree this year.
66899C52-4E23-4C1E-976C-279586D9BC05.jpeg
47979C1E-C4DD-451F-AA3E-0A2BCF452515.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter