Christmas Tree at Wilderness Lodge

LVSWL

Dis Veteran
Just wondering how early the Christmas tree goes up at the Wilderness Lodge. Thanks!

I think there is some kind of a lottery which determines the order in which the resorts are decorated. This means you cannot get an exact date in advance for any particular resort. But I could be wrong.
You are correct. They always start the gingerbread displays early but that’s all you can count on year after year. The rest happens different each year

I think there is some kind of a lottery which determines the order in which the resorts are decorated. This means you cannot get an exact date in advance for any particular resort. But I could be wrong.

This is correct.

On one of our trips we were there after they had started decorating and wanted to know when a specific resort was going to be decorated. The resort we were staying at contacted that resort but the best answer they could get was a "probably end of X week" answer, as they didn't know the specific date yet.

SW

This is correct.

On one of our trips we were there after they had started decorating and wanted to know when a specific resort was going to be decorated. The resort we were staying at contacted that resort but the best answer they could get was a "probably end of X week" answer, as they didn't know the specific date yet.

SW
Yeah the best you'll get is they'll all be done the weekend before Thanksgiving

I used to know a guy who swore it went up a WL between Nov 16-17 every year, but I've seen other people's TRs that debunk this theory. That being said, I was at YC one year and we went to bed on the 16th with no decor and woke up to full on Christmas the morning of the 17th. All of the gingerbread was in progress before this though. In fact, we went a little earlier one year and I think it was either Nov 11th or 12th when we saw the first piece of gingerbread going on the GFs house and the early progress on the Contemporary gingerbread...although, no other resort stuff at that point.

So cool !
Next year 2020 - we will be there November 12 to 21
I would love to see all the Christmas decorations

They did NOT have the tree up by the day before Thanksgiving last year :(

I'm at WL November 16-23. I'm torn between hoping it's already up and wanting it to go up while we're there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter