Christmas time: MK vs HS

Yujailec

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!

My family and I (2 adult, 1 child) will be in Disney for a weekend in early December. We did all four parks recently during our first visit in September so we're really just going for the Christmas magic.

We are spending one day doing a resort crawl for all the Christmas decorations so we only have time for one park. We are debating between Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. Which park would you choose?

Thank you!

If possible, I’d choose MVMCP at MK (instead of a 1 day park ticket)

Otherwise, you don’t get the parade or fireworks at MK, which might have me leaning to another park.

I'd do MK or Epcot for Christmas time feel ... probably Epcot as a first choice, if you are going for Christmas magic only. DHS wouldn't probably be on my list anymore.

Hello everyone!

My family and I (2 adult, 1 child) will be in Disney for a weekend in early December. We did all four parks recently during our first visit in September so we're really just going for the Christmas magic.

We are spending one day doing a resort crawl for all the Christmas decorations so we only have time for one park. We are debating between Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. Which park would you choose?

Thank you!
I would be between epcot and DHS. Unless you're doing the mvmcp there isn't anything Christmas happening for day guests other than the castle lighting.
DHS will have a couple of protection shows with snow, lasers, fun music, plus the lovely decorations all around including tsland
Epcot will be more for learning about other cultures holidays, the candlelight processional is lovely but not for everyone, and the holiday tag on illuminations

I agree that unless doing the Christmas party, I would probably choose Epcot over all other parks to enjoy the storytellers and the holiday edition of Illuminations. It would be great to see that since this will be last year. The holiday version may be the best firework display on property.

A weekend in later December will be crazy no matter what park you go to.
MK is amazing when it is all decked out for Christmas.
Knowing it will be crowded, I would still do MK.

Missed that line. The first weekend is not as quiet as it used to be. The second weekend gets busier, then the craziness starts.

I was not considering going to the Christmas party but after considering all your suggestions, I think it may be a better option for a new experience.

Thanks to all! I appreciate for your input.

1 park day and 1 day resort hopping

Ok that helps a lot. You really don't need a whole day resort hopping. Here is a sample itinerary:

Friday: go to MVMCP. Gates open at 4pm. Resort hop from Wilderness lodge to Contemporary to Grand Floridian beforehand.
Saturday: Go to EPCOT. For lunch make an ADR at the Boardwalk area. Resort hop the Beach Club, Yacht Club and Boardwalk.

While every resort has holiday decorations the Deluxe are the most ornate and worth visiting. I would not spend a full day Resort Hopping when you have only 2 days to visit. The holidays are the best time to visit. There is just so much to do and see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter