Christmas question

sandy3550

Mouseketeer
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if WDW ever sends postcards, or has codes for cheaper rates over the Holidays? We were there in Dec, 2001 for our 1st ever trip and I'm dieing to go back! We loved being there over the holidays, and it is the only time DH & I can get away from work. My problem is, last year we got rooms at ASMu for $59/night, so I guess I got spoiled, but because of better timing, we were able to check in before the actual "holiday season" started. This year, I'm afraid we aren't going to be that lucky. Do they ever offer special room codes or discounts for this time. I just called Disney Club, and I can't even get a DC discount for this time period. HELP!! I'm even willing to get an AP if that will help. Are the AP rates usually effective during this time or are they blacked out too? TIA I really appreciate reading everything on these boards, It has really helped me learn alot!
Sandy (I NEED ANOTHER VACATION!!):crazy:

We usually go about the second week of December and have an AP. In the past, we have always been able to get some great rates on the moderates.

I have never seen a discount December 25- Dec 31. This year was an exception in that if you checked in before the 25th at the code rate, you were able to keep that rate for the entire stay. (Please correct me if anyone experienced otherwise).

This year you can keep the Disney Club rate if you check-in on or before December 19th. I had originally planned 6 nights at Poly beginning December 20th. Ended up saving close to $1000 by coming down a day earlier and staying 7 nights. We ended up switching our ressies to the WL and saved about $800. No other discounts are out yet for December that I am aware of.

2001 was the first time that Disney offered any discounts during the actual Holiday dates. I would be surprised to see this repeated in the future. In the past, it was always full rack rate and you were lucky to get a room.

Christmas is the high season for Disney. The place is packed with folks who love the atmosphere (like you), have the time off of work, want to go somewhere warmer over the holidays, etc.

They only offer discounts when they "need" to fill rooms. This past December was, unfortunately, one of those times, due to the struggles in the travel industry following 9-11. I can't imagine them doing that again.

That's what I was afraid of! :( But it was worth asking anyway. I can still hope, can't I?? Is it really that difficult to even get a room onsite at that time of year? I want to go back so badly, I might even pay full price. Thanks everyone. SAndy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter