Christmas party nights, impacting you?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
How many nights a week is Disney having the Christmas party? Do you think theres too many or too few? Is it impacting your touring?

Never been to one, so I'm curious.
So is your question about the party itself - I think there are a few threads on that with helpful insights … your actual question seemed to be inquiring about party frequency/impact to touring in the parks. And I was curious about your thoughts on that.

So is your question about the party itself - I think there are a few threads on that with helpful insights … your actual question seemed to be inquiring about party frequency/impact to touring in the parks. And I was curious about your thoughts on that.
Yes, it is about the frequency/impact of guest when touring the parks.

Do they have more Christmas parties than Halloween parties usually? Or vice versa?

Well, they've basically been doing some form of it since 1983... Same nights at MNSSHP, look at the historical schedule to see how many they offer each season. Same impacts, too. Nothing new.

If the Christmas parties are anything like the Halloween parties, they positively effect the wait times at the MK. Many people with basic park passes don't want to "waste" a pass on a party day where the MK closes at 6:00 so non-party days are much more crowded. We went to the MK on MNSSHP days and it was great!

Christmas parties are 3-4 nights per week. Party days tend to be lower than average crowd levels/wait times until about 4:00 when the folks with just party tickets can enter the park. If you do not mind a shortened park day or have park hoppers, a party day is a great day to go to MK from park open until about mid afternoon. I feel like they balance the number of party vs. non-party nights pretty well and can plan things around the parties without too much trouble. For me personally, I pretty much always have park hopping ability (through either PH tickets or an AP), so when I go this time of year, starting my day at MK on a party day and leaving for another park between 2 or 3 makes for a near perfect day.

Wow. 1983, didn't know that.
Yes, and those earlier parties were so much better in my opinion. The park was completely cleared of day guests before we entered, they didn’t oversell the party, and the free snacks were a better quality. I still like the party now, but I loved them back then.

The quantity of parties isn’t really affecting our touring this year. We will be there during two MVMCP and two JN. We are going to Epcot on the JN days, DHS on one MVMCP day and MK on the other MVMCP day because we have to get back to the hotel at a reasonable time to pack for check out the next day anyway. We are not doing any holiday parties this year, since we went to the Halloween party (we try to alternate years).

We're going from November 30th (arriving late at night) til December 5th with 3-day, one park tickets. We'll go to MK on December 1st (MVMCP party night) and hope for lower crowds, then relax at the resort or tour resort decorations. On December 2nd (Saturday) we plan on visiting EPCOT (hoping since it's one of only a few non-party MK nights, more folks will head in that direction) - we'll see how that goes. Sunday, the 3rd (another MVMCP night) we're off to AK and on Monday, the 4th we purchased Jollywood nights tickets (way long ago) so we can at least see the decorations at HS. All of the MVMCP are sold out while we're there so that wasn't an option (they were available when i chose the JN tickets but it seemed exciting to be part of something new and the newer reviews seem to be just fine). The whole (supposed to be quick) trip got elongated when Frontier delayed our outbound flight to late evening and canceled our return flight the week after I booked it, and the only option was to rebook with them for a return the next day. Regardless, we can't wait!!! :santa:

Will be there week of December 3rd ... 4 Christmas Parties and 2 Jollywood Nights. If Disney can sell them out then good for them, more cash in the till. I am not going to either (overpriced). They do not impact my days because I knew there would be parties before I booked. I can go to a park during their party day and just hop if I wanted to keep going. I knew I'd have to work around them. If there were no parties likely parks would be closed by 9 anyway.

MNSSHP has less of an impact because the parties are a bit more spread out until the end. We go to one party and work around the others. No impact to me. Again, hoping Disney sells them out. 💰💰💰

Will be there week of December 3rd ... 4 Christmas Parties and 2 Jollywood Nights. If Disney can sell them out then good for them, more cash in the till. I am not going to either (overpriced). They do not impact my days because I knew there would be parties before I booked. I can go to a park during their party day and just hop if I wanted to keep going. I knew I'd have to work around them. If there were no parties likely parks would be closed by 9 anyway.

MNSSHP has less of an impact because the parties are a bit more spread out until the end. We go to one party and work around the others. No impact to me. Again, hoping Disney sells them out. 💰💰💰
We will be there the same week. My son and his SO are going to Jollywood as their park day that day so they didn't buy a regular ticket for that day. I have an AP and have never been to any of the parties because I just can't justify paying more for a parade, fireworks and stage show. My son and family have park hoppers, we will be there Sun thru Sat so I'm assuming they have 5 days worth of hoppers (we always go to a park the day we arrive). We didn't even look at the holiday party schedules before we booked park reservations, since they have hoppers and I have an AP we will just leave MK the day we are there if it's not a party day and too crowded and can always go back on any other day. They have a 2 1/2 year old so they don't really spend a lot of time on rides anyway (this will be her third trip). That will be a good day to hop over to GF and WL to look at the decorations.

We are going only for a few day. During the day it is fine but it is effecting our evening schedule. We would really like to see MK at night with the Christmas decorations. We only have one night that isn't a party night so we expect crowds to be crazy. I am debating even bothering going to MK in the evening or skipping it for a resort or DS. We would to see HEA too but sees easier to skip than deal with the craziness.

I love going on party days! The only negative I have experienced is, on non-party nights the MK is packed to the point where it’s challenging to watch fireworks without staking out a spot at least 90 mins in advance and the lines around the park are crazy long!!

Both of my MK days for the early December trip are party days so we can get more done and move to Epcot or whatever park we need to make up missed items. I'm hoping it works out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter