Christmas Parade Tour Reviews

Tinkaboo

DIS Veteran
Has anyone here been on the tour yet? I’m dying for the deets…especially if there is actual seating for the parade and if you do get to go on HM As well, like in the old days.

Please post your thoughts, reviews ASAP! If you don’t get seats and are just in a “reserved area“ that is standing only…it’s not worth the price for me.

As always, TIA for the info!

Would love to know about the viewing area too, as we will be doing this next Sunday!!

Just finished the holiday tour. I’ll just preface by saying that Disney has once again cut corners! I went on this tour several years ago and we received not only priority boarding on the holiday themed rides, we also had reserved seating for the parade (near the small world attraction). This DID NOT happen aside from Small World. Although the tour had some new interesting holiday facts, the tour left a lot to be desired.

The holiday tour’s parade reserved (standing) viewing location is now on main st near
/across from Plaza Inn. Once the group goes to the reserved viewing area, you are hastily handed a souvenir mug with hot cocoa and a gingerbread cake with a spoon. Two tours are squeezed into this area. If you have littles with you on the tour this will be difficult to navigate as there is no where to sit and eat these little cakes. Oh and they do also include the commemorative holiday pin.

If I could do this all over again, I would skip the tour and just reserve a plaza inn dining package. Way cheaper with delicious food. Just my two cents, take what you will. Ymmv.

WOW…JUST…WOW. So sad. Maybe I’m just old and out of touch but for$110, I’d at least like my bleacher seat back! Will be canceling our plans for our December trip. I might be old but I can still find a piece of curb to squat on and I can get my own cocoa and cookie…lol.

I just cannot believe how Scroogey Disneyhas gotten…they really do want to squeeze out every penny from their visitors without giving anything in return.

We’ll be there 5 days so we’ll have plenty of opportunities to see parade. It just makes me so sad because this was our “extra” treat, something special to do.

Thanks for the report, tho, and I’m sorry you had a less than fulfilling experience.

WOW…JUST…WOW. So sad. Maybe I’m just old and out of touch but for$110, I’d at least like my bleacher seat back! Will be canceling our plans for our December trip. I might be old but I can still find a piece of curb to squat on and I can get my own cocoa and cookie…lol.

I just cannot believe how Scroogey Disneyhas gotten…they really do want to squeeze out every penny from their visitors without giving anything in return.

We’ll be there 5 days so we’ll have plenty of opportunities to see parade. It just makes me so sad because this was our “extra” treat, something special to do.

Thanks for the report, tho, and I’m sorry you had a less than fulfilling experience.
You’re welcome. I hope it was helpful. Here is a picture of the standing area we were at. Next to us was a walkway where they moved incoming outgoing traffic during breaks in between the parade. This was such an eyesore. Wish we could have gotten the Plaza Inn Viewing area.

If this tour concluded with an actual seat viewing (on a chair) for the parade it may have been worth it. But this standing experience was so not worth it. Mind you we walked over 2 hours on this tour and aside from our chance to sit on the small world ride, we were looking forward to a seated experience to give our feet a rest. Very unfortunate this didn’t happen.

Attachments

• D69A37CD-6AFE-40E2-847F-CD3BBBF4CE20.jpeg
    D69A37CD-6AFE-40E2-847F-CD3BBBF4CE20.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 51
You’re welcome. I hope it was helpful. Here is a picture of the standing area we were at. Next to us was a walkway where they moved incoming outgoing traffic during breaks in between the parade. This was such an eyesore. Wish we could have gotten the Plaza Inn Viewing area.

If this tour concluded with an actual seat viewing (on a chair) for the parade it may have been worth it. But this standing experience was so not worth it. Mind you we walked over 2 hours on this tour and aside from our chance to sit on the small world ride, we were looking forward to a seated experience to give our feet a rest. Very unfortunate this didn’t happen.

so disappointing. We have it booked for Dec 1 but will likely cancel now,

Oh no! Another downgraded experience at a premium price. This is very disappointing news. I'm so sorry it wasn't like the previous Holiday Tours, which were wonderful, but I am very grateful to you for reporting back and saving others from throwing money at a lackluster product.

Just finished the holiday tour. I’ll just preface by saying that Disney has once again cut corners! I went on this tour several years ago and we received not only priority boarding on the holiday themed rides, we also had reserved seating for the parade (near the small world attraction). This DID NOT happen aside from Small World. Although the tour had some new interesting holiday facts, the tour left a lot to be desired.

The holiday tour’s parade reserved (standing) viewing location is now on main st near
/across from Plaza Inn. Once the group goes to the reserved viewing area, you are hastily handed a souvenir mug with hot cocoa and a gingerbread cake with a spoon. Two tours are squeezed into this area. If you have littles with you on the tour this will be difficult to navigate as there is no where to sit and eat these little cakes. Oh and they do also include the commemorative holiday pin.

If I could do this all over again, I would skip the tour and just reserve a plaza inn dining package. Way cheaper with delicious food. Just my two cents, take what you will. Ymmv.
Thank you so much for your review of the tour. The parade seating was a big factor for us, and it was so magical in the past to be seated across from Small World. My DGD was beyond excited because all of the parade characters waved and blew kisses towards the seated guests, and she was certain they were all for her! Sadly, I’ve just cancelled our reservations for the tour for our upcoming trip. I cannot imagine why the seating was not included. They were simple folding chairs placed very near the backstage gate, so the set up/take down was minimal, such an easy way to add value. The parade is exactly the same as it has been for years, so we’ll skip it this year.

What time was your tour? Approximately how many people were in your tour and in the viewing area? Thanks for reporting back.

I cannot imagine why the seating was not included. They were simple folding chairs placed very near the backstage gate, so the set up/take down was minimal, such an easy way to add value. The parade is exactly the same as it has been for years, so we’ll skip it this year.

This isn't about setting up that seating section- I'm sure it's still being set up but is now being used for VIP viewing. That's what they were doing with that area during MSEP. This about providing less for more $$ which, sadly, does seem to be the new Disney way.

PP- sorry you had such a negative experience but I echo the other posters in thanking you for sharing so others know what they're getting (or not) with this tour now.

Last edited:
Has anyone here been on the tour yet? I’m dying for the deets…especially if there is actual seating for the parade and if you do get to go on HM As well, like in the old days.

Please post your thoughts, reviews ASAP! If you don’t get seats and are just in a “reserved area“ that is standing only…it’s not worth the price for me.

As always, TIA for the info!
Went on the tour, there are no actual seats and just a reserved area on main street in front of jolly holiday. I personally thought the tour wasn't great and not worth the money, but some might disagree. There were 20 people on the tour so it's not as intimate as the Walt's tour. Depending on the people going, it may be a lot of walking since you go start at DCA then walk through most of DL, so that's something to consider. I would skip the tour for sure as was mentioned above.

Ugh, this is so disappointing....we have a tour booked for next Sunday, but will likely cancel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter