Christmas parade taping

The way I remember it is that "about a week" before Christmas they do the taping. They are looking for what amounts to the perfect weather day, and sometimes they will film over multiple days if they don't quite yet what they want.

But they don't announce the specific dates until a few days beforehand.

(still true, I assume?)

with thanksgiving so'late this year it sounds like it will be done the weekend right after thanksgiving day. The following weekend Pop Warner arrives

I'm not 100% sure but we have heard from a few CM's that it is going to be Nov 29,30, and Dec 1st this year. It will all be rumors until it gets closer.

The way I remember it is that "about a week" before Christmas they do the taping. They are looking for what amounts to the perfect weather day, and sometimes they will film over multiple days if they don't quite yet what they want.

But they don't announce the specific dates until a few days beforehand.

(still true, I assume?)

I believe that you are a bit confused about all of the timing.

But, it is true that they record over multiple days.

I believe that you are a bit confused about all of the timing.

But, it is true that they record over multiple days.

Hey, its possible, and that's why I hedged a little. :)

The info I was using was a release we got back when I was a CM (quite a while ago). It lists the dates as Dec 13-17, and I figured that it was still in the ballpark.

We were at the MK on November 30, 2012 and they were filming on that day. It was pretty neat to see how they tape it and all the stage set ups. It's filmed in bits and pieces over the course of 3 days depending on the weather.

DebbieB said:
It's typically the first full weekend in December, about a week after Thanksgiving.

Does anyone know who the special guest is this year for the parade

kcnop96 said:

Really....

Let me tell you a few years ago, there was no announcement when Justin Beiber performed. None. Unfortunately, he was dumb enough to tweet the day before he was getting on a private plane and headed to Disney to tape the parade. Within two hours, we heard (I was at POR) people were beginning to camp out in the parking lot. It could have been a security nightmare, but they swung into action and saved it from becoming a complete and utter disaster.

All you know is they are associated with Disney or ABC.

The weather is also unpredictable; the year Celine Dion was there, they had to completely move everything inside for rain.

Agree with the post above.

They will announce the guest(s) -IF they announce the guests- about a week, or so, before they record the show.

They typically don't want large crowds for the taping, so there are usually no official announcements. They give tickets to castmembers to fill the crowd for the taping.

Plus the whole thing is a complete and total bore. Spend your time doing the rides since everyone will be crowded along Main St. True, it was neat to see how they did the whole thing and how many times Nick Cannon had to repeat his lines. But after about 10 minutes, you'll have had enough.

Plus the whole thing is a complete and total bore. Spend your time doing the rides since everyone will be crowded along Main St. True, it was neat to see how they did the whole thing and how many times Nick Cannon had to repeat his lines. But after about 10 minutes, you'll have had enough.

It is a great time to get into MK; I take the train around from Main Street and get off at the next stop. You can do the entire park until about 2 pm when they let everyone out from the taping. I take the train back to Main Street about that time and go right out the gate.

Instead of starting yet another thread on the Christmas parade taping days for 2013, I thought I'd revive this one. So, I've read that it will be the weekend of Nov. 29, 30, Dec. 1 & I've also read Dec. 6, 7, 8. I see that Pop Warner is Dec. 7 -14. I can't imagine the taping would be Thanksgiving weekend (last weekend of Nov.) when crowds are at peak. Then, the first full weekend of Dec. would coincide with Pop Warner, but I doubt that makes a difference. We've been during Pop Warner week and it was a great time to go since we weren't at their hotels. I noticed there are no MVMCP days the last week of November, but they are scheduled Dec. 1, 6 & 8.

So, anyone have any inside scoop on the dates? Or maybe they've been posted somewhere else and I missed it. We are trying to narrow down a few days to go down to MVMCP since we haven't been in 2 years and thought it might be fun to see some of the taping process, too. Are we totally nuts for wanting to see it? We've been enough times that we just thought it would be something totally different to experience.

Comments or scoop anyone?

It is a great time to get into MK; I take the train around from Main Street and get off at the next stop. You can do the entire park until about 2 pm when they let everyone out from the taping. I take the train back to Main Street about that time and go right out the gate.

So if we schedule our day to go to MK and find out they are taping the park won't be awful in crowds? I was trying to avoid the taping days due to thinking it would be a crowded mess.

My stepdaughter is in a high school band. Her band director said they are going to be in the parade taping for the Christmas Day Parade. She said that the dates they are going is Wed. December 11 through Sunday December 15. She said that her band director said that they will be in the parade Saturday. On the other hand there was a post on another thread that a dance website saying the taping is December 5-8. I am hoping it is that time. I had already planned to take my family down the 10-15. We are supposed to go to MK for DD's 7th birthday. Doing the BBB and Cindy's Castle for dinner. I am afraid from what I have read that it is extremely busy. My stepdaughter has a band booster meeting on Tuesday which is when the band director is supposed to give the parents the info on the Disney trip. I will let you guys know if I find out anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter