Christmas/New Year's Eve fireworks?

In years past water traffic has been stopped approximately 11:30pm-12:30am (I have a sign pic stating as such from 2021 but not 2022, but I’m pretty sure the same sign was there last year). I did the 8:30pm Hoop-dee-do-Review show last year and made it there/back from Poly (via various boat transfers) with no issues, FWIW.

Hope that helps!
Awesome, thank you for the heads up and info. Of course things can change, but that is something I wouldn't have thought about so I'm glad it is now on my radar.

Do the studios do anything special? Due to my mistake I waited one day to late and Epcot sold out.

We will be at Epcot on New Year's Eve -- a first for us. MDE says that Luminous will be at 6:30 that night (rather than the usual 9:30 or 9:00), and then it doesn't list any other fireworks shows after that. What am I missing?

We will be at Epcot on New Year's Eve -- a first for us. MDE says that Luminous will be at 6:30 that night (rather than the usual 9:30 or 9:00), and then it doesn't list any other fireworks shows after that. What am I missing?

We will be there with you!

I've been noticing the same for some time now. Hoping it is a glitch or just isn't updated. Booked a trip for 12/29-1/1 to see the MK and EPCOT NYE fireworks.

Just booked a 10:20pm Fireworks dessert pre-party for 12/30. Can anyone confirm that is for the 11:50p Fireworks in the Sky with hub grass viewing area? It only mentions Happily Ever After.

Just booked a 10:20pm Fireworks dessert pre-party for 12/30. Can anyone confirm that is for the 11:50p Fireworks in the Sky with hub grass viewing area? It only mentions Happily Ever After.
The only fireworks on the Disney park hours for that night is Fantasy in the Sky. 6:30pm and 11:50pm.

Same as us!

I realize that 360 degree fireworks at MK are only for the 11:50pm on 12/30 & 12/31. But will you even notice the difference versus the 180 degree fireworks during the 6:30pm show? Trying to decide if we want to stay that late on 12/30 since we will be up late on 12/31 at EPCOT. Appreciate any insight from those who have witnessed either or both of these shows. Thanks!

I realize that 360 degree fireworks at MK are only for the 11:50pm on 12/30 & 12/31. But will you even notice the difference versus the 180 degree fireworks during the 6:30pm show? Trying to decide if we want to stay that late on 12/30 since we will be up late on 12/31 at EPCOT. Appreciate any insight from those who have witnessed either or both of these shows. Thanks!

It really depends on where you are in MK. You could easily be lots of places and not even realize there are launch spots going off behind you, or you could be somewhere with a more open view all around and it’s really awesome. It was better inside MK before they reduced the launch points as the chances of more being visible from your particular location were increased, but I would personally still make the general statement that the 360 perimeter fireworks improve the show more for monorail resort guests than they serve to improve the show for most inside the MK, in my humble opinion.

One thing to caveat, while Fantasy in the Sky is nice show, at just over 10 mins it’s relatively short by today’s standards. I love it, but I wish it was longer. It’s over quickly.

I think turning in early 12/30 isn’t a terrible idea if you’re more focused on 12/31. On the other hand, when at WDW for NYE one could argue you should try to do all the special things. :-)

Not sure where you’re staying but leaving MK after the 12/30 late show will be a bit of a process. Build that into to your expected “up late” time.

Hope that helps!

It really depends on where you are in MK. You could easily be lots of places and not even realize there are launch spots going off behind you, or you could be somewhere with a more open view all around and it’s really awesome. It was better inside MK before they reduced the launch points as the chances of more being visible from your particular location were increased, but I would personally still make the general statement that the 360 perimeter fireworks improve the show more for monorail resort guests than they serve to improve the show for most inside the MK, in my humble opinion.

One thing to caveat, while Fantasy in the Sky is nice show, at just over 10 mins it’s relatively short by today’s standards. I love it, but I wish it was longer. It’s over quickly.

I think turning in early 12/30 isn’t a terrible idea if you’re more focused on 12/31. On the other hand, when at WDW for NYE one could argue you should try to do all the special things. :-)

Not sure where you’re staying but leaving MK after the 12/30 late show will be a bit of a process. Build that into to your expected “up late” time.

Hope that helps!
Thank you–this is helpful! I stumbled on some of your older posts with the 360 comparison to years past.

We were planning a fireworks dessert party for either 6:30p or 11:50p so we would be right in the hub. I've seen some videos of 4th of July from there and it is cool that there are some behind you, I'm not sure it matters if you are mostly looking forward to the castle. To your point, I think the 360 is more beneficial to those who are near the train station or, more importantly, at a resort along Seven Seas.

I'd say both the MK fireworks and EPCOT NYE are our top priorities this trip, but two late nights of bus lines to leave a park doesn't sound ideal! It might be best to see the 6:30p in the hub and go to the bus at 11:50p and see the second show from out there and be ahead of the crowds.

I've watched the 360 Fantasy in the Sky from the hub many times. I wouldn't watch it from anywhere else.

They are sold out, but I grabbed tickets for both over the last week. You can set up notifications through different sites that have ADR alerts.
If you have party tickets, it's a no-brainer. Stay for the 11:50 fireworks in the comfort of the viewing section and wait about a half hour for the crowd to clear.

Does anyone know whether California Grill will honour their usual policy of being able to return for fireworks for 11:50pm on the 30th? We have a dinner reservation, but now I’m wondering if they will even still be open that late for people to return for fireworks viewing (that, and whether it will be a gong show if they are still open)…

Well, it's now less than two weeks until New Year's and MDE still does not list any countdown or midnight fireworks for EPCOT --- just Luminous at 6:30. They can't really not have a second fireworks show, can they??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter