Christmas music, when does it start in your house?

Christmas Eve, when we have the party in our basement, and Christmas Day when we're opening gifts in the morning. That's it. We're not Grinches exactly, but it's just not our tradition.

The week before Christmas. My coworkers have started playing it already, and it drives me nuts.

When I am alone or with only my youngest it starts Nov 1 (although she usually starts in her room in June or July). When my Husband is around I am forced to wait until Black Friday.

Honestly? Never if I can help it. I'm also one of those people who refuses to decorate for Christmas until at least December 1.

I swear I'm not a grinch, I just get so tired of Christmas music by the time I'm in the mood to celebrate the actual holiday. It's played too early and too much.

Any particular song?
I like Christmas music as much as the rest of you, but when you hear that CD of the Chipmunks at Christmas - ALVIN! in October, it does drive you crazy. That's why I don't want to hear it in my car, or at my home, until the week of Christmas - I need a break!

Honestly? Never if I can help it. I'm also one of those people who refuses to decorate for Christmas until at least December 1.

I swear I'm not a grinch, I just get so tired of Christmas music by the time I'm in the mood to celebrate the actual holiday. It's played too early and too much.

I don't disagree with you on that point!

November 1st. We decorate the outside the first weekend in November and the inside the week after. I live with a 14 year old Martha Stewart amongst others.

Generally the week before Christmas. I don't mind Christmas music but I don't like it for weeks and weeks, just ruins it for me. Prefer it in the days leading right up to Christmas.

I like Christmas music as much as the rest of you, but when you hear that CD of the Chipmunks at Christmas - ALVIN! in October, it does drive you crazy. That's why I don't want to hear it in my car, or at my home, until the week of Christmas - I need a break!

Well... how about Grandma got Run Over By a Reindeer, or Dominic the Donkey? Even those bother you???

Alexa has been waking me up to North Pole Radio every day for over a month now. My ex-husband just brought my two Christmas trees up from the basement about 15 minutes ago. One is already lit up. I'll decorate them tomorrow. :santa:

I also have to suffer through about 60 hours of Nutcracker rehearsals starting in October, so I can't count that one, but all other Xmas music is strictly limited to between Xmas Eve and NY in my house. (It's really funny, DH & the youngest will occasionally sneak it if they think I'm going to be out of the house for awhile.)

The radio station I usually listen to is starting their Christmas music on November 5.

Which guarantees that I'll be sick of it by the time the season actually starts.

Another problem is they play the same songs over and over and over, and every year there's one song they play every version of repeatedly. One year it was every version ever made of Frosty the Snowman.

There are thousands of Christmas albums out there but for some reason they rarely play anything new or different, and they don't play the songs that I wouldn't mind hearing more than once or twice a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter