Christmas In The World...Dec 18, 2015 - Jan 4, 2016

I didn't know about the hidden Pascals!
I know how busy this time of year is, so thanks for the update. I've not been on Dis too much this summer but when I check in and see an update from your Christmas trip it's awesome.

My fingers are crossed for Skyler and her Clara role, and Ty and his football team!

Well, there's good news and bad news...Tyler's football team...well, they almost won the first game 6-0 and the touchdown the other team made was thrown by our quarterback at their 10 year line...so could have ended up very differently...however, their second game they scored first but that was the last time they scored and the other team took over from there...I don't even know the score...I think like 33-6 or something. BUT, that is better than last year when the other team would near triple digits and his team was lucky to score at all. But on the girly side of things...
SKYLER GOT CLARA!!!!!!!
And that's about all I think I need to say about that...

December 29, 2016 dawned bright and early. It was Tyler's 17th birthday and he was not missing any food!

We were up and at the bus stop when it was still a bit dark.

131.jpg

We arrived at Epcot just before the park opened.

IMG1947.jpg

IMG1948.jpg

wdw2015363374906871_7600901037.jpg

wdw2015363374906872_7600903248.jpg

We were in line for Soaring at 7:09am. At 7:20am we were put in the line for row 1 in the first glider. By 7:31am we were walking off and right onto Living with the Land.

IMG1949.jpg

After that Tyler and Cary headed to Sum of All Thrills. Skyler and I went to see Baymax!

IMG1950.jpg

IMG1951.jpg

IMG1952.jpg

IMG1953.jpg

wdw2015363374921937_7600902581.jpg

wdw2015363374922001_7600904560.jpg

wdw2015363374921956_7600903375.jpg

wdw2015363374921991_7600904270.jpg

wdw2015363374921958_7563717299.jpg

When we were done we headed over to Innoventions to meet the boys. They were on when we got there so we went into Colortopia so Skye could show me.

IMG1955.jpg

IMG1957.jpg

IMG1958.jpg

At 8:29am everybody had finished their morning activity and we were heading to breakfast...

IMG1954.jpg

We has a 9am ADR for Garden Grill. We've never been here before because the food for lunch/dinner was never something we would all eat...picky people! But when they added breakfast, well, that we could do! We arrived a little before 9am and we were seated right away. We were in a circular booth facing out towards the land. Our server was Staci and she was ok. And surprise, surprise...some of these pics are not mine...

garden%20grill%203.jpg

IMG1959.jpg

IMG1964.jpg

IMG1965.jpg

IMG1966.jpg

IMG1967.jpg

IMG1961.jpg

IMG1962.jpg

We ordered our drinks and they were brought back with a plate of fruit and a giant cinnamon roll type thing and you know that is right up our alley!

garden%20grill%202.jpg

I don't recall having those three little cups of whatever they were though???

garden%20grill%201%20-%20Copy.jpg

Both of these went real fast and we were brought another of both.

Then we were brought a platter of biscuits and gravy...

garden%20grill%204.jpg

Which only I would try...it was pretty good, although I am not a biscuits and gravy connoisseur.

And a mixed platter...of tater tots, ham, bacon, scrambled eggs and Mickey Waffles.

garden%20grill%205.jpg

It was all very good and fresh! Ty and Cary loved the eggs...it was one of the only places that the eggs were not runny. Skye and I loved the ham and Mickey Waffles. But I can assure you nothing on that platter went to waste. We did get more of the bacon, ham and eggs. But it did take a while for that to happen. A bit longer than it should have, we expected it to, or a similar request other places took. While we were waiting though we were able to visit with ...

CHIP
24.jpg

(ok, I just turned that in photobucket and it looks right there!!!)

PLUTO

56.jpg

DALE

46.jpg

and MICKEY

31.jpg

All in all we really liked Garden Grill breakfast. It is great to have another sit down option inside Epcot. We would definitely consider returning for breakfast...I'm still working on other meals though.

We were out of there by 9:40am. So not too bad for a filling breakfast and four characters!

TOTAL = 127.76 ... TOTAL FOOD = $5183.03
USED 4 CREDITS ... USED 123 MEAL CREDITS

After breakfast we played with some water by the Imagination Pavilion.

IMG1969.jpg

IMG1970.jpg

The kids love upside down water!

IMG1971.jpg

IMG1972.jpg

IMG1973.jpg

IMG1975.jpg

IMG1976.jpg

IMG1977.jpg

IMG1978.jpg

IMG1979.jpg

At 9:50am we went in to see the Pixar Shorts movie. It was a cute collection of shorts...and it was cool in there. We may have grabbed a quick nap in there...ssshhhh!

After that we headed into a walk on to see Figment...we had fast passes for later but we were her now and there was no line so we took advantage of that!

IMG1983.jpg

It was now time for our Mission : Space fast passes. Skye and Cary took on the spinny side and Tyler and I did the non-spinny side. No one can convince him it will be ok on the orange side but I'm ok with that because in my old age I have developed this aversion to spinning and with the stories I have heard, I am fine without pushing having a headache the rest of the day (which is what happened to me lately with too much spinning!).

IMG1982.jpg

Since we hit Mission : Space at the end of out fast pass window it was almost time for our Test Track fast passes. So we took our time and headed over there stopping at the bathroom on the way. We were still a little early for our time slot so we walked over to Cool Wash and grabbed 2 blue raspberry slushies and 2 coke slushies for 4 snack credits ($17.00 about). We took out time looking around and people watching until it was time to head into line.

IMG1981.jpg

wdw2015363375067196_7563899959.jpg

After Test Track we headed back to the World Showcase.

IMG1984.jpg

That area to the left in the picture was a port-a-potty field...I kinda didn't like that whole idea...seem like there should have been somewhere else a bit more out of the way and not in people's pictures and memories of their big Christmas/New Years vacation but no one asked me!

We headed around the Canada way.

IMG1985.jpg

IMG1986.jpg

IMG1987.jpg

IMG1988.jpg

0b6149a1-54b4-48a0-b2ed-4e6f06c78197.jpg

IMG1990.jpg

IMG1991.jpg

We walked through The U.K. and France to get to Morocco...where lunch was.

IMG1996.jpg

IMG1997.jpg

IMG1998.jpg

IMG1999.jpg

IMG2000.jpg

IMG2001.jpg

IMG2002.jpg

IMG2003.jpg

IMG1992.jpg

IMG1993.jpg

IMG1995.jpg

We has an ADR at Restaurant Marrakesh at 1pm. We were seated at 1:11 in the main room on the wall that you walk in at. These are the worst seats we have ever had here. This place is beautiful and there is so much to see. But our seats stunk and it was not full so I don't know why it took so long past our ADR time to be seated at a less than desirable table. I mean we had been seated early at more crowded venues before and gotten better seating. Oh well, it wasn't a horrible table, obviously none of them are, but there are better and there were better available. We hoped it would get better. Especially since Cary was leery of eating here in the first place. It's just not a cuisine he's used to. The kids and I have been here before though. Our server was Kaissi Mehdi and well, he left something to be desired. We had decided that we were ordering two meals to share...after all we did just have a huge breakfast, had been eating like crazy for a week and a half, Cary was a bit leery, and there really is only a couple of things we have had that we know we like. Not that we've had anything we didn't like, it's just that we knew we would like only a few things because in the past the kids were "kids" and were not eating from the adult menu. And it seemed as soon as Kaissi Mehdi learned we only were ordering two meals and he couldn't sell us on more or alcohol, we didn't really matter anymore. No, I mean, we've had slow service before but never have we had service that looked like you weren't even there. Like drop food on the table while looking at another of the wait staff, holding a conversation ands not even looking at us! At one point we even caught a different server to get drink refills!

So we ordered 2 sprites and 2 cokes (2 of which we paid out of pocket for). They were brought, along with a half a small loaf of bread and a frozen butter for each of us. I don't have, nor can I find, a picture of the bread but it is good yeasty bread and usually is served warm. for appetizers we ordered an order of Seafood Bastilla - baked layers of thin pastry stuffed with Shermoula sauce, grouper, shrimp, mushrooms.

marakesh%201.jpg

This is my favorite appetizer here. It is similar to an egg roll but very different at the same time. I really enjoy them. But this time it just seemed a little off, maybe not as fresh as usual???

And a bowl of Harira Soup - traditional hearty soup flavored with tomatoes, eggs, lentils and beef

marakesh%202.jpg

(it does not come with an additional bastille...just the soup) and Cary really liked this. Like I said earlier, he was a little on the scared side of dining here. But food wise so far, he was pleased!

For our entrees, we ordered two orders of Shish Kebab - grilled tenderloin of beef with mixed vegetables and yellow rice.

44.jpg

We love these but they were a bit on the cold side...like they had been sitting waiting for Kaissi Medhi or his helper server (they do that here) to pick it up and deliver it to our table. This was just enough to make our bellies happy.

For dessert we had an order of Moroccan Symphony - Assorted Moroccan baklavas

marakesh%204.jpg

and an order of Marrakesh Delight - fresh fruit salad topped with mint ice cream, toasted almonds and orange blossom water

marakesh%203.jpg

Both were good but how much could you screw up either. Baklava always tastes a little stale to me so that works and the fruit was fresh and the mint ice cream and orange blossom water. The pic does not have the mint ice cream but ours did...the shish kabab pic is the only one that's mine.

The band and the belly dancer both performed while we were there. Neither of the kids will get up to learn t belly dance (not even the DANCER!) but they like watching.

I think Cary was pleasantly surprised that he liked everything he ate. We were left a little disappointed though in the service and the food this time around. Service much more than food. With out eating dynamic now and the poor services we had this time, I don't know that we will be running back to Restaurant Marrakesh any time soon but maybe in the future we will again.

TOTAL = 87.23 ... TOTAL FOOD = $5270.26
USED 2 CREDITS ... USED 125 MEAL CREDITS

Last edited:
After lunch

IMG2007.jpg

IMG2008.jpg

IMG2009.jpg

IMG2010.jpg

IMG2011.jpg

We headed back up to the front of the park via boat.

IMG2004.jpg

IMG2005.jpg

IMG2006.jpg

IMG2012.jpg

IMG2013.jpg

IMG2014.jpg

And we grabbed a bus home. We changed for the pool and headed there...

43.jpg

6.jpg

We hung out and swam until about 6pm when we again had to drag the kids away to get ready for dinner.

132.jpg

All cleaned up and ready to go we grabbed a bus to Hollywood Studios with the plan of taking a boat from there to the Yacht Club if there was one just pulling in and not a lot of people waiting (so we thought we could get right on) or walking there. We ended up walking. It was actually a nice night to walk it though. A little warm and humid still but by this point we were getting used to it. There's never many people walking the path though so it is a nice leisurely walk...and we had plenty of time to do it in.

We arrived at the Yacht Club at about 7:30pm for our ADR.

133.jpg

134.jpg

135.jpg

Last edited:

So we had arrived for our dinner ADR at Yachtsman Steakhouse at around 7:30pm and we were seated right away. Our ADR was for 8pm. The place was pretty crowded and we were seated in the center of the round room.

136.jpg

137.jpg

138.jpg

140.jpg

142.jpg

Our server was Oscar and he was fantastic! He was helpful, good with a picky 11 year old girl, informative, and efficient! We ordered 2 cokes and 2 sprites and Oscar brought them and the wonderful bread shortly.

143.jpg

For our appetizers we had three Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail - old bay-poached, lemon, house-made cocktail sauce

144.jpg

Loved the presentation and the shrimp was so fresh!

And what is listed on the receipt as "beef appetizer" but doesn't fit the descriptions on Allearsnet.

145.jpg

It was really good...they were beef dumplings and a variety of condiments to go with them. We really enjoyed them!

Skye and I ordered the 10-oz Black Angus Filet Mignon - mashed potatoes and Cabernet wine sauce

13.jpg

YUMM-O!!!! This was perfect for me and for a picky 11 year old girl. She had the sauce on the side for hers. They were a perfect medium rare and the potatoes were fresh and creamy.

The boys ordered the 32-oz Porterhouse for Two - trio of Steakhouse sides, beef fat potatoes and garlic butter

54.jpg

51.jpg

They loved it. They agreed upon a medium cooking and it was perfect. They finished off the porterhouse but didn't touch the sides. I used the onions with my steak a little and ate a bit of the creamed spinach but mushrooms are not a thing for us so they just sat there. The onions and spinach were great though! Tyler didn't even mind the garlic butter on the steak. I don't have a pic of potatoes and I don't remember them with this dish but if they were there Cary loved them (he's a potato guy and mine were great as was everything else so it's a safe bet!).

For dessert, Skyler had a Seasonal Sorbet Trio - Coconut Tuile and Fairy Tale Celebration Cuvee

41.jpg

She loved it...

Tyler had the "adult ice cream" as it is listed on the receipt but I do not see it on the menu anymore.

28.jpg

He loved it...

I had the Chocolate-Peanut Cake - Pretzels, Salted Caramel Gelato, and Liquid Ganache

53.jpg

Which is listed as "chocolate cake" on the receipt...it was very good! The chocolate was very chocolate but the rest of it lightened it up.

And Cary had

70.jpg

Which is listed as the "seasonal dessert". I believe it was an apple pie kinda thing...whatever it was he really enjoyed it. It was apples and caramel and ice cream...what's not to like!

Tyler was also brought a birthday surprise...

146.jpg

So we ended up with five desserts...not that we needed them but it's always great to be recognized and a little extra chocolate cake is never a bad thing!

We have been here once before and obviously it was good because we came back but this time was just awesome. It might be our best overall meal of the trip! From being seated early, to the awesome waiter, to awesome food...it's a winner. It's nice because it's upscale but it's still on the louder side but not obnoxiously so.

I have a feeling we will be back here in the future!

We were there for about two hours and fifteen minutes which is really long for us but we were happy and relaxed. It certainly is not because of slow service or bad service...completely our choice. And even though we were on the dining plan and not ordering alcohol, we did not feel rushed out of there.

TOTAL = $379.95... TOTAL FOOD = $5650.21
USED 8 CREDITS ... USED 133 MEAL CREDITS

Loving the updates - both trip and real life.
Congratulations to the kids :)
I've read some other reports of servers in Restaurant Marrakesh not being happy about folks sharing. However I am glad you got Cary out of his comfort zone and he tried something new! I'm wondering if you hit up Tangerine Cafe on your latest trip, but I know that report has to wait, lol.

On our way out, Skyler found a tree she hadn't taken a picture with...

147.jpg

We walked back to the boat dock and waited for a boat back to Hollywood Studios. One had recently left but it was a nice night out so we waited. While we waited we listened to a multi generational family talk about things Disney like they had no clue. And the kids (maybe 5 up to 14 or so, boys and girls) were playing that game on a phone where it gives a word and the holder puts it on their head and the others have to give hints as to who/what it is...like Heads Up...and it was so funny listening to them try to describe things that absolutely were not what they were supposed to be describing and the guesser to guess names of Disney characters that did not even make sense...we laugher out butts off...I mean why would you spend all that money for extended family (there were probably 20 of them all together) to vacation at Christmas time and know absolutely nothing about anything of where you are??? Anyway, it passed the time well and soon enough an empty boat was pulling in. We considered running into Hollywood Studios for a little bit but ultimately decided that the next couple of days would be big ones so we should just call it a night.

So we walked to the Caribbean Beach bus stop and passed out shortly after opening the door!

December 30, 2015 began bright and early. We all got ready and headed out. The Magic Kingdom bus stop was mobbed! So we decided to take a bus to Epcot instead. I never noticed this sign before...

IMG2015.jpg

I know the procedures behind bus loading but I never noticed the signs.

We arrived at Epcot at 8:17am

IMG2016.jpg

and walked up the ramp to board a waiting monorail to the Ticket and Transportation Center. It was hot and sunny already!

IMG2017.jpg

And if we thought the Magic Kingdom bus line at Caribbean Beach was mobbed, we hadn't seen anything yet! The TTC was crazy packed!

IMG2019.jpg

IMG2020.jpg

IMG2021.jpg

And people were steadily still coming! I couldn't believe the lines to board the bus, monorail, and ferry to the Magic Kingdom. This was honestly the most crowded I have ever seen Disney World EVER!!! I had heard stories and have seen pictures but never had I actually seen it with my own eyes! The pictures don't even do it justice...if this is what Christmas looked like at the Magic Kingdom I am very glad we made the right decision to go to Epcot that day.

Lucky for us, we weren't heading directly to the Magic Kingdom. So we by-passed all the lines and hopped on the resort monorail at 8:51am (with no air conditioning...yuck!) and in no time we were arriving at the Grand Floridian! Phew, dodged that hassle! They were asking when you left the mob where you were heading so I imagine that is why there was no line for the resort monorail...otherwise I am sure people would have caught on that they could have grabbed the monorail to the Contemporary and walked to the Magic Kingdom faster but they were checking...but since we had an ADR at 1900 Park Fare for breakfast we were good! I hadn't planned it that way...in fact, I hadn't thought about the travelling logistics at all, especially for this morning, whoda thunk the day before New Years Eve would be packed but it ended up being a very good thing we had things planned the way we did.

We headed down to 1900 Park Fare (of course taking pictures along the way)...

IMG2022.jpg

IMG2023.jpg

IMG2024.jpg

IMG2025.jpg

We had to visit the "Wedding Staircase" as Skye calls it. On our last trip she decided that is where she's getting married and she's walking down those steps in her wedding dress...I wish I had gotten a pic this time because I think I have on from last time and it would be cute to have those for one day if she really does end up walking them in her dress...although at this point she's not getting married and not having kids! We visited the gingerbread house again and then checked in at the restaurant.

IMG2026.jpg

We checked in for our 9am ADR at just about 9am...we were seated at 9:08am. Not bad. Seating is one of my biggest complaint with 1900 Park Fare they are almost always running behind...a lot...but this time apparently everyone was heading to Magic Kingdom and not to breakfast so we were seated pretty quickly.

We did out photopass pictures...

wdw2015364375737289_7564784490.jpg

wdw2015364375737290_7564784492.jpg

We were seated in the center area close enough to the food lines but not too close where we were being passed by everyone on their way to the buffet. Our server was Edsel and he was relatively good. Not overly friendly but nice enough and relatively efficient. He told us we had a bit before the characters started to come to our section so we all went up for some food.

I don't seem to have separate food pictures but there is food is some of the other pictures.

We saw Mary Poppins...

IMG2027.jpg

f7a9d21a-2cc7-441c-87f5-23a9ebf3d188.jpg

8d9157a4-8ad5-408f-8f2b-acf9427c64aa.jpg

There's Skye's pyramid of Mickey Waffles, cheddar cheese chunks, ham, bacon and looks like tater tots. And in the back you can kinda see Tyler's scrambled eggs, bacon and a muffin.

Tigger...

IMG2028.jpg

f6bc89cf-0229-4013-b514-baa12d1d422d.jpg

Pooh...

IMG2029.jpg

b41485a4-0cac-4586-a848-1b1850ec01b3.jpg

The Mad Hatter...

IMG2030.jpg

IMG2031.jpg

8aae7acc-3655-4ab5-a7ed-fe8436db7fc4.jpg

b9dee40d-c9a3-40a0-ba16-b9b2d4c485ef.jpg

IMG2032.jpg

And Alice...

IMG2033.jpg

0e45340a-f156-4764-a7c3-c56ee4de8f1e.jpg

The Mad Hatter and Alice commented on Skye and Me disbounding as The Cheshire Cat and got a kick out of it. He's one of my favorites!

Tyler was brought a Birthday cupcake but they didn't do the placemat and crown thing like they used to...no big deal made. This used to be the best place for an impromptu birthday celebration. One time we were there over Thanksgiving and it was just me and the kids. It was the day of my actual birthday and Ty was celebrating his December birthday too. When the Mad Hatter came around and Skyler was the only one without a placemat or a crown he asked her what she was celebrating. She said nothing. And he said "Yes you are...it's your UNBIRTHDAY!" and he made the waitress bring her a crown and placemat too...and after that they brought three birthday cupcakes!

IMG2035.jpg

I know there's no a lot of food pictures but it is pretty much your standard Disney breakfast buffet. I love the strawberry soup (like drinkable yogurt actually) and they do a great poached egg dish. But the kids and I love 1900 Park Fare breakfast characters. Mary, Hatter, and Alice are great! The Mad Hatter is very fun! The food is fresh and plenty to choose from. Service here seems iffy as sometimes we have had great service, sometimes horrid and everywhere in between! This time was pretty good. Drinks were filled relatively quickly and plates were cleared relatively fast. The kids and I have been here multiple times. I usually try for the earliest ADR to avoid waiting but today we didn't seem to have a problem. We have also been here for dinner and while we are not generally fans of lunch/dinner buffets, this one falls below Hollywood & Vine for me for dinner so we never have to choose between the two. I know a lot of people say you go for the experience but for us, we also need good food...we don't just go for the experience. So this is a place we only do for breakfast, we have done it a lot, but it is not necessarily a must do. I think we end up here so often because we hate repeating the same place twice and on the deluxe dining plan breakfast is the only place open (I can fill out lunch and dinner ADRs and have some left over every time!!!) so this is our filler. But we do love the characters here and the food is good.

I imagine we will be back!

TOTAL = $119.24... TOTAL FOOD = $5769.45
USED 4 CREDITS ... USED 137 MEAL CREDITS

After breakfast we headed downstairs.

wdw2015364375786036_7564848569.jpg

wdw2015364375786033_7564848567.jpg

With the tree in the lobby.

IMG2036.jpg

And the Gingerbread house details!
IMG2037.jpg

IMG2038.jpg

IMG2039.jpg

IMG2040.jpg

IMG2041.jpg

IMG2042.jpg

IMG2043.jpg

The Sleeping Beauty egg...
IMG2044.jpg

And they were ready for tomorrow!

IMG2045.jpg

And a view outside...
IMG2046.jpg

IMG2047.jpg

Inside the store there...we love this store...it always seems to have things we like!

IMG2048.jpg

And then we headed out to catch the monorail to Magic Kingdom.

IMG2049.jpg

On the way to Magic Kingdom we saw the Electric Water Parade floats sleeping...

IMG2050.jpg

And soon enough we arrived at our destination...

wdw2015364375813662_7600845218.jpg

The three of us went through the bag less line and Tyler waited for the bag check. I again got chosen for extra security checking...it seemed to happen to me a lot! I know, I look like a criminal and like I was trying to sneak something in I'm sure. Not a huge problem but it does take time out of your family time. And I'd rather be safe than sorry. There was a guy there though screaming about how he was going to report them to Guest Services because every time he went through he was pulled out. He was under the impression it was a gender and race issue...he was a white male. I got his frustration but really, I'm not going to ruin my day over it!

So while we were waiting for Tyler (probably the longest we waited for him the whole time but it really was only about five minutes) we took some pictures...

wdw2015364375813580_7600841191.jpg

Why are they always facing the sun?!?!?!

wdw2015364375813661_7600839675.jpg

wdw2015364375813661_7600844233.jpg

wdw2015364375813662_7600845218.jpg

IMG2051.jpg

And in we went. We climbed up to the Train Station to take in the view...

IMG2052.jpg

IMG2053.jpg

IMG2054.jpg

IMG2055.jpg

And then we headed into the crowd!

IMG2058.jpg

IMG2059.jpg

And we headed into Tomorrowland.

IMG2061.jpg

IMG2062.jpg

IMG2063.jpg

We waited for the Laugh Floor.

IMG2064.jpg

IMG2065.jpg

The line was all the way into the Tomorrowland Terrace ramp. Now I am in no way a prude. I have no problem with PDA. BUT, we were in line behind two young 20 somethings from another country (not sure where) who were very good looking people but were hanging all over each other and she was in teeny tiny short shorts and a bikini top (which I thought was against the rules) in some heavy making out phases of their day not seeming to care about who was seeing them. At one point he picked her up and sat her on the ledge for better feel coping I suppose. A CM came by to tell them to get off the ledge...LOL. So they stopped what they were doing and apparently part of the hanging on to each other was for stability because they both looked three sheets to the wind. He bent over and pulled out a little package out of his backpack and handed them each a pill. Right out in the open. To each his own and yeah that you really really like each other but is the middle of the Magic Kingdom in a line really the place???? So anyway, we waited a little bit and we were in the show. Skyler was picked to be the kid that the monster talks to...and then her parents. She was in heaven! It was a fun show and then we were outta there!

We continued around the Castle.

IMG2066.jpg

I really wanted to see Merida but her line was always so long and no fast passes. But we were not heading to our first fast pass of the day...

IMG2067.jpg

wdw2015364375919891_7565016335.jpg

wdw2015364375919895_7600852419.jpg

wdw2015364375919896_7600851655.jpg

wdw2015364375924856_7600849965.jpg

wdw2015364375924881_7600852870.jpg

wdw2015364375924882_7600853082.jpg

wdw2015364375924883_7565021705.jpg

wdw2015364375924883_7600853587.jpg

wdw2015364375924884_7600855426.jpg

wdw2015364375924885_7565021707.jpg

wdw2015364375924887_7600857021.jpg

wdw2015364375924886_7600856867.jpg

wdw2015364375924888_7600855843.jpg

wdw2015364375924889_7600855897.jpg

wdw2015364375924890_7600856002.jpg

wdw2015364375924891_7600857672.jpg

We loved them...especially Anna...she just talked and talked and talked and it seemed like she didn't breathe at all! She talked about Olaf eating the cake and about the kingdom and about her sister and asked Skyler about her brother. This was a very fun meet and greet.

After we were done meeting with the girls we headed back up to the front of the park.

IMG2069.jpg

And headed to the boat docks.

IMG2070.jpg

And we were off to the Wilderness Lodge.

IMG2071.jpg

148.jpg

IMG2072.jpg

IMG2073.jpg

IMG2074.jpg

IMG2075.jpg

IMG2076.jpg

IMG2077.jpg

IMG2078.jpg

IMG2079.jpg

IMG2080.jpg

IMG2081.jpg

IMG2082.jpg

IMG2083.jpg

IMG2085.jpg

IMG2086.jpg

IMG2087.jpg

IMG2088.jpg

IMG2089.jpg

IMG2090.jpg

IMG2091.jpg

IMG2092.jpg

IMG2093.jpg

IMG2094.jpg

IMG2095.jpg

IMG2096.jpg

IMG2097.jpg

I LOVE that tree in the Yacht Club lobby with the sailboats. It's so elegant and pretty.

Your visit to the Yachtsman has me so excited...we're finally trying it for the first time on our upcoming trip. We usually stay at the Wilderness Lodge, but we'll be at the Boardwalk this time, so we are taking advantage of the area and doing new things we'd usually skip.

Holy crowds, Batman! Those pictures were crazy. I'm hoping since we're there before Christmas that we'll be able to avoid that. I have no problem with crowds, but that was intense.

Love all the photos with the holiday decorations. I'm getting so excited to see everything!!

No place else we were on any other day (even tomorrow...New Years Eve) did it ever feel as crowded as it did at Magic Kingdom! We didn't do Magic Kingdom on Christmas Eve or Day or on New Year's Eve or Day so maybe that makes a difference but I never would have expected it to be that busy the day before New Year's Eve!

I take that back. There is one more super crowded place but I didn't get there yet and I don't know that there's any pictures of it because we were IN IT!!!

Nice update! I can't wait to see where you were that was MORE crowded - yikes

I love your matching :ccat::ccat:

I've not been to 1900PF yet. A long time ago I read a comment about the restaurant looking like an outdated ballroom and I remember that comment every time I entertain the idea of eating there. I don't know why that bothers me, lol. I really do want to try it though for the characters, please tell me it's not like eating in a Holiday Inn's ballroom :)

And speaking of hotels, I thought your photo of the balloons for the big NYE drop were some sort of gilded corn on the cob decoration in the lobby and it took me a couple seconds to realize what they were, haha. It must be lunchtime for me!

We had a 2:15pm ADR for Whispering Canyon Café and we were a little early. But since it was an early morning and it was HOT we were willing to take a seat in the beautiful lobby and wait. The kids played Uno next to the Christmas tree...

149.jpg

150.jpg

They got a couple of rounds in and we got a quick nap before our buzzer went off around 2pm. We were seated pretty much in the side of the middle of the room (I think at the same table as the last time we were there!) and Meredith was our server.

Skye and I ordered the Sheriff's Shakes - Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry or Caramel, All-You-Care-To-Enjoy (Vanilla for her and Strawberry for me) as our drinks. Cary and Tyler ordered Cokes. Tyler was on a mission. Last time we were there he downed as much Coke as he could hoping for the giant jar and a fast pass to the bathroom...well, it never came and he was disappointed so she was determined to get it this time!

151.jpg

Meredith was quick with the refills and even told us we could change out the flavors of our shakes! She told us about her family ... I believe she was from Illinois or maybe somewhere very close and now lived in Florida because of this wonderful job she has. Some day, some day!

We had the Gold Rush Western Chips - with chili-queso dip, and fresh salsa (serves 2) for one of our appetizers...

152.jpg

and the Pork Spring Rolls (which are no longer on the Allears menu)...

153.jpg

They were both very good and plenty for us all to share. I love the spring rolls so I hope they really aren't gone but if they are I guess I'll have to find something else to love. The kids will eat chips anywhere, however, they had to shape the veggies off and would not dip...ugh! But the queso is really good.

Oh, Skye had decided on a kid's meal here so she did not get an appetizer.

And before our entrees were delivered, this was...

154.jpg

...but no fast pass to the bathroom...he was thrilled! And needed that fast pass! LOL

Cary and I ordered the same thing here, and it's odd for me to order like this...the Angus Cheesebirger with fries...also not on the menu that I see.

155.jpg

It was huge and lots of fries. We both enjoyed it very much. They do ask how you want it and of course Cary was no pink and I was some pink. They were both cooked to our liking.

Tyler was upset that his beloved gigantic chicken sandwich was not on the menu anymore so he ordered the Seasonal All-You-Care-to-Enjoy Skillet - Featuring Slow-Smoked Pork Ribs, Barbecued Pulled Pork, Roasted Glazed Chicken, and Western-style Sausage, served with Mashed Yukon Potatoes, Cowboy-style Baked Beans, and Corn on the Cob and asked for fries instead of mash.

156.jpg

We all kinda picked off of this...Meredith encouraged it...mainly the beans (that he would not have eaten and the sausage). He got more chicken and ribs. He enjoyed his entrée also.

Skye got the kid's Macaroni and Cheese with green beans and carrots. She loved almost ALL mac & cheese and Disney does mac & cheese the best...and green beans, but we already covered that. She snagged some fries from the rest of us (we had enough!) to dip in her cheese. This was the creamy kind of mac & cheese rather than the soupy kind you get other places...she likes both kinds...and prefers the soupy kind for fry dipping but this was actually her favorite kinds for straight up eating!

157.jpg

She also needed something else for her fries...

158.jpg

And not too long after they had to gather it all up and take it someplace else! Last time we were here it was a late lunch and we had NOTHING fun happen. The kids were thrilled this time! As you can see, Meredith showed them how to make giant straws so of course they all did...LOL

For desserts we ordered Apple-Caramel Pie - fresh Granny Smith Apples, Sugar Cookie Crust, Streusel Topping, and Caramel Drizzle, Seasonal Cheesecake, and a chocolate cake.

159.jpg

...all to go. Skye has two chocolate chip cookies for dessert that got eaten right away by her and Tyler...and I don't seem to have a picture of them. I was very disappointed in the pre-packaged cakes this time around. This place used to be one of the places you had a great variety of desserts to choose from and they were fresh and huge...not so much anymore. Not that we needed huge and not that the pre-packaged desserts are bad, but that's what you get at a counter service not a sit down restaurant. These got eaten, at least parts of them did, before we left our bubble and the apple pie was really good. The others, as expected, were just ok.

Skye and I had about three refills each...mmmm, refillable milk shakes...yum! Tyler finished, I believe, 2 big jars of coke.

160.jpg

All in all, we loved our lunch again. Some of the menu changes were not to our personal liking but even though we had to change some of what we would order, everything we had (minus the pre-packaged desserts) was great. We had fun antics that were no too over the top, which is good for me. Our waitress was friendly, quick, and encouraging. A lot of places where there are all you care to eat things (platter and milkshakes) do not allow sharing but she encouraged it. We were there about an hour and fifteen minutes total...we're slowing down...LOL. The place was pretty full when we arrived and pretty empty by the time we left.

The only problem here is that it is so out of the way, it's not a quick hop over for a meal. We have only had lunch here and I think the menu is slightly different at dinner but I think for us, there are so many other places we want to eat at for dinners that this one always gets lunch for us.

For some reason we decided to use a meal credit for Skyler here again even though she got a kid's meal. I probably should have asked for an adult portion of Mac & Cheese for her but then we would have just taken more with us, although, I am sure that would have gotten eaten. I probably figured we had extra we were not using with the cancelled meals so it didn't really matter right?

I believe we will be back but this is not necessarily a must do. Probably only because of how out of the way it is though, not because it isn't a good meal!

TOTAL = $146.35... TOTAL FOOD = $5915.80
USED 4 CREDITS ... USED 141 MEAL CREDITS

After lunch we headed back to the boar dock.

IMG2098.jpg

IMG2099.jpg

IMG2100.jpg

IMG2101.jpg

IMG2102.jpg

IMG2103.jpg

IMG2104.jpg

IMG2105.jpg

IMG2106.jpg

IMG2107.jpg

...and then back into the Magic Kingdom. I have no pictures of the rest of the day, and that's odd.

We had fast passes for Jingle Cruise at 4:35pm and Dumbo at 5:35pm. I have no idea what else we did. I am sure we filled in the time doing something though. I do know we did not do a lot in Fantasyland because that was where most of the people were...you could hardly move through there.

I was starting to not feel well and my ribs were hurting a little. So we headed back to the room to rest and change for dinner. By the time I got there, I needed to take a nap and we didn't really have time for that. So, somehow I decided not to go to dinner. I must have been feeling really bad because it is one of my fovorites and I really wanted to go there...even just to go to that hotel.

Skye decided to stay with me. I told her she didn't have to but she wanted to. I think we both just needed a nap. There was no way Tyler was missing dinner though so Cary went with him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter