Christmas in the Magic....16 to 21 Nov 2014 ..... Finished

Aw Jo, that Inventions meal looks fab. I am dying to meet Donald - in 2 visits we haven't met him. Fingers crossed this trip. :goodvibes

Amazeballs about CC breakfast - can't wait to see those photos. pixiedust:

Aw Jo, that Inventions meal looks fab. I am dying to meet Donald - in 2 visits we haven't met him. Fingers crossed this trip. :goodvibes

Amazeballs about CC breakfast - can't wait to see those photos. pixiedust:

He was at breakfast on the Tuesday too!!!

CC Breakfast - I know!!!! couldn't believe it myself!!!

Lazy lumps that we are we got to breakfast for 10:30 unheard of for us....how lazy we have been on this holiday but to be honest with the short wait times there was no need for EMH :cool1:

Was lovely to have breakfast with hubby we were sat in the lovely round room part of California Grill with lovely attentive service in a very empty room :thumbsup2

5pSGbp3Z_xK-e_CJg6p-GO93gFBXqEbrY1IWW-FRrBs=w400-h225-p-no

CWVC_wNyPFDEAmkeeg7i2HR-Lt6VMOeRY4NdRAXz-nM=w127-h225-p-no

Breakfast was a lovely leisurely affair and after quick stopoff in room and admire the door....as you do....lol

3jKDl0Am4SCoHQWpZbLgYmC8YdoXlKYqPnuTV3NRlf0=w128-h225-p-no

fsPxAY6_0O6incoEz1omhQ6mBmy3pxS_0oYv8EVXtg0=w128-h225-p-no

It was time to hit the park.....lots of fun riding all the fantasyland rides again and then adventure land and frontier land and finally discovery land - managed to get all done before our eagerly awaited Blue Lagoon lunch...It never disappoints I had the prawns to start followed by the crayfish and prawn ravioli with a lovey sancerre....delicious Olivia had the fish soup - omg never tasted anything so nice! followed by chicken columbo - divine

oMLmbuMeKaFb1jXFebgAlqcF_zTszLlj76TO2M2Ft4o=w251-h188-p-no

_MaqL04CcMr2coU0fNKThSZwGLiKykTq75FLxDAncm8=w252-h188-p-no

We were stuffed and decided to skip dessert ;)

Over to Studios....gosh it was just too easy to ride everything over and over :cool1: and take some darkness studios photos....
otXj_-ghjg6ZNvdJBP7_cWhND3dFQZhzXbOZnXhH_SY=w142-h188-p-no

k49mO8MZpJY1RskjjIniQoUBvgCruSRJU-6nBJzV3z4=w252-h188-p-no

TzR1iP9JWQG45I-_xk4bWMUxU_OuqGhX2kfpCVjgnJc=w259-h194-p-no

4ViYIu4W7jZsT2zeII4n3VRGtVk7WwgCKay1qSjg-ow=w259-h194-p-no

Headed to park for last hour....OMG no wait time for meet Mickey.....sure would be rude not to!!!

iKCidMkqJr0mDHkamdJFBWiDPkaANVfPFdA9ilE8B88=w260-h194-p-no

We were the last riders on thunder Mountain and guess what we got to ride it over and over again....there was nobody in slot to get on our seats and even when there was we just moved to a different seat - just awesome in the dark....we ended up seeing the castle lit up for dreams with fireworks we got so emotional....and still we rode again!!! Amazing we had missed this ride over our last number of trips due to refurbishments so were glad to get to ride it so much!

CD2aDUlL69RA5leIKEkdmxKLnV53llixznZKOhyaacQ=w296-h221-p-no

And then it was back to room to freshen up before our big mistake!!!! we had booked Planet Hollywood for dinner tonight with our groupon and even though I was mega organised still managed to book two big meals for same day agggh.....The groupon voucher was amazingly generous - huge portions and delicious....there were q's out the door but as we had reservations we were called almost immediately...the place is very very lively with a lot of noise but fun atmosphere...we had never eaten here before and really liked the food - we did not do it justice as we were stuffed halfway through our mains and could not manage dessert. The wait staff are extremely friendly and efficient our food was tasty and hot....would come back but might ask to sit downstairs were it seemed a bit quieter! The seats are a bit tatty with vinyl patches on the many worn bits...we still enjoyed it though.

rZ-qmeQ8KHGBq215IZYOLLfXBzB7k4S53GTJT5XNtw0=w296-h221-p-no

mZavhi-dFjOqrfvANpwvHHuIuP8ydHvLki3gUMJc0cI=w297-h221-p-no

Anybody with the groupon vouchers make sure you go here hungry!

As we were becoming accustomed to we had a night cap in the lovely fantasia bar...yummy ....as we waited for Brendan to come home fromhis concert in Paris , he had a great time!

TGzsNxBRc5V7yRViVvSb03bvv3mV-YE1yYLk6SMeMQY=w286-h214-p-no

Vdmyd-gnUZwIrGyzHczBcs6vWHB6pn8a3hiwquTlRuo=w286-h214-p-no

Got back to room and the realisation dawned it was our last night!!!!! Did a little packing before having another bath and falling into bed....we decided as we had our special breakfast tomorrow we should finish our packing in the morning and head up to that magical place....can't wait to fill you in!

Last day tomorrow .....noooooooooooooooooo

Awoke early but decided not to do extra magic hours but finish our packing have showers and get ourselves ready for our special breakfast....was a bit nervous in case I misunderstood but no problem we arrived at the lift and saw the phone the cm had mentioned as soon as you lift you are connected direct to cc reception said who we were and was told yes indeed they were expecting us and the lift would be right down :thumbsup2

Led to the castle club lounge looks very like the middle bit in California grill, eeyore was at the door to greet us ;)

625CbjGDZhupxsXsx5cjh8on9-It3QpYV9PkX1Wmbnc=w163-h214-p-no

Then Pluto came along....sure you would have to have a photo

iu-bUAhZvRYy-Eb_3_QMQovhFfWgPrIaYyXgl7hOdlw=w146-h194-p-no

The lounge was very very empty and the buffet area looked quite small but there was plenty of choice....the only thing different to downstairs was they had fresh strawberries :cloud9: and omelette as well as scrambled egg but they didn't have the grilled tomatoes! and of course there were characters too ----ooooo and tablecloths on the tables - they used to have them downstairs too but not anymore - the view beside our table was awesome - looked right onto castle

htIdsmypFK6iwHD69QYg9PYy5jAMz9IOOBlSfAlQpLs=w259-h194-p-no

Like downstairs tea and coffee is served at your table and the staff are lovely and friendly. We were lucky to witness the staff setting up a table for a celebration....balloons and pink confetti on the table ....a couple arrived and when we asked they said they were celebrating their 6th anniversary....Pluto came out with a cushion with a glass slipper on and a present that one of the girls had bought for the other....there were tears all around with the staff as bad as the two girls :cloud9:

nuYWySSm27amf9Lmceg71M9CYVT2xsBqvjsfZc8NqM0=w296-h221-p-no

It was a lovely relaxed ambiance with characters wandering around waving to you and coming over at the slightest interest you showed :rolleyes1

FNoyFjqRYjk2HoGewcPbuLKU74UZxnR5-bm3cGXLeL8=w260-h194-p-no

We saw eeyore, pluto and Donald

dp-b4I3q4fyl9I2l2QzolMf_G8PRGBRJrfQTzTSqBQk=w296-h221-p-no

z4Bap9JmDxLXkinsbNL9DFEsKSuTJ5Wg0EAMQW2L47w=w296-h221-p-no

fLJ8rhBZFSmmw_ipPmIOB1n3QWF-LJ3cQ66x7nZKymc=w296-h221-p-no

And just in case you forgot where you are....everything is stamped with castle club logo :goodvibes

ErgFQOPtiTJ7ty12pmwAKEBQpZ3iqYZFtmh1cvo4S1U=w296-h221-p-no

We had a nosy around after breakfast and some of the things were a bit scary.....the price of some of the objects in the glass cases ....

rDpLnODoUNe9oHw_-yvKlHIkOwEkSRuTZPQ5y0WN55A=w297-h221-p-no

ODvUic2_CriMjh1mUGMS7uI5an8DAXBUcvm9Zrqak08=w296-h221-p-no

kQmGza2bL8MhB-3V4gYkhBgWqLI6A6oNaAzK1YhWlZ8=w296-h221-p-no

v5Dmncltm4aj3AkQqTObtjr65m4wn1UY-ZyE2u5t_Ak=w296-h221-p-no

A very nice CM told us to come back later for afternoon tea....so nice but we never did get back....lets hope my numbers come up in the lotto so I can experience it again lol.

We had a speedy checkout with no issues with the bill all our purchases and meals etc had been put on our easy pass and they all transferred seamlessly.

Dropped our bags and were told it would only take 5 minutes to retrieve when we needed them later.....so off all three of us went to the park....first up Studios for Bren to ride the rat ........

More later

Eeeeep what a wonderful last couple of days pixiedust:!

How lovely Jo - we paid for a breakfast in ESC in June and also loved it but CC really is a cut above. Thanks so much for sharing - giving us a glimpse of how the rich live. :goodvibes

Day 5 contd.

Studios....

PEoNkKukjmy1KU5vt2A5EyYDlJnwAYvI_AMmigS_TNg=w297-h221-p-no

Well of course after storing our bags we just had to introduce Bren to the Rat....I was a little apprehensive as he doesn't like a lot of the rides and he gets motion sickness really bad so delighted that he did like it! We did single rider as the q's were extremely long I think 60 mins....walk on on single rider and bren and Ollie got in same rat mobile while I was in the one behind them so could see them the whole way round.

We did Cinemagique a firm favourite for us to do as a family....loved it and the rain was working Yay

Bren was happy to amble around while Ollie and I did our final rides on RC, RARC, TOT and parachutes ....single rider before we all met up again for heading to Walt's for our traditional last Disney meal....this was the best meal of our trip, the food and service just brilliant and we got to see the cavalcade from or window seat...it was just lovely and we were so glad we decided to keep tradition as we head been tempted to do Chez Remy so Bren could try it.....Walt's really is the best!

DNLspDa6AmF7wq9o40N1IKjXQr_q0bdmGGbxzPal_Tc=w142-h188-p-no

gL2r2a_ixsDHz3K6_1b1Yv5LF8eSlJ7J4taQE1lfuxw=w252-h188-p-no

MQwZA6mQFfz0n_o7Pd6rs1g0lciA_Ueicq15SLzirrQ=w252-h188-p-no

8ar2irUNLhtrPLu35bQnefZdbGpz8CLeHeTIk4_zFKk=w296-h221-p-no

ZcMgB3hyOLzkouVTZiGEGIR0DrwJLJ0Thn_HibiFJXI=w296-h221-p-no

OBNNLecgW1GeWOrZEnYCdDvRkHxFn1e3hcvYcQvT8Tw=w296-h221-p-no

8kS_aY7_RQvkZ63gz1RvCnsD5maFzixTKbL1C9gPDXo=w297-h221-p-no

FqkVe9AhVhHRdTGCbclwBe3P0BL0dv2XlGE6HDdLKNY=w297-h221-p-no

Took ourselves off to Pirates of the caribbean one of Bren's favourites he was delighted to see most things working ....missed the lady who opens the shutters as the man is being dunked in the well and the donkeys are missing in the stables you can still hear them but the figures are gone!

We rode small world and were once again enchanted by it, we had to q for snow white and pinocchio....worth it and then fastpassed Peter Pan....then it was time to watch the final Cavalcade......we all were a bit teary knowing that we would then have to head back to the hotel to get ready for homeward journey sob.....

qBYtRuDs0bscc0jpSI7S1OfmXXXNjKuEQGsNf72Me2c=w296-h221-p-no

Hope Tinkerbelle heard my wish to return ;)

Had a final hot chocolate and Mickey waffles in fantasia bar before collecting our cases....Ezyshuttle were waiting outside for us and whisked us safely to the airport......flight was on time and all too soon we found ourselves heading down the M50 home.

I honestly think this was my best ever trip....it was just so relaxed, normally I come back wreaked but this time I was relaxed and rested and of course Christmas season is just so lovely!

Hopefully I will return :love:

Thank you to everyone who followed along and made such lovely comments XXX:hug:

Just want to share a photo of the beautiful cake Olivia made for Christmas

laxMzw6A9mKHpdNd1TB_4MSUBb90T76t6QIWh2LJzIY=s197-p-no

vQX_zl0LyEK1EUmUgWEtDn9IjRFQdcTrgoe-0fCbOhg=s197-p-no

Isn't it just beautiful?

I have put up all our lovely Disney decorations too....hard to see them in this photo though lol

PJlNgXFBzIryo9PJ4nsIYfhkrIaqurM7K0bfL1n-yAY=s197-p-no

A lovely end to your TR Jo. Have booked Walts for our last meal too - it will be our first time trying it. Thanks again for sharing. :goodvibes

A lovely end to your TR Jo. Have booked Walts for our last meal too - it will be our first time trying it. Thanks again for sharing. :goodvibes

You won't regret it!!! The food and service is wonderful....ask for a window table overlooking main street it's magical.

Only reading this now! Thanks for posting, and for all the photos. CC sounds amazing, would really love to try it. must do the lotto!

Wow Jo, I've just read the lot from start to finish!
I was saving it for a planning night and what a brilliant trip it was to read all about. You guys did so much and had some lovely family time!
Ollie is very like you and I laughed at the hat to cover early morning hair! You need to be hard core to get a full face and hair do done in time for EMH and I've finally learned to follow your lead and just wait til after breakfast!!
I'm going to miss those VIP FPs in March for the Rat but I think we'll follow your and Julies advice and try the single rider line :)
That CC breakfast looks fabulous! And what a lovely end to your trip. Thanks so much for sharing, I thoroughly enjoyed following this adventure from planning to TR.
xxxx

Just catching up on this now - lovely end to your trip and beautiful cake too!

Glad you had such a nice stress free time - the main reason to keep going back :lmao:

Thanks for posting :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter