Christmas in the bubble

jvball21

Earning My Ears
This year will be our first time spending Christmas at WDW. Staying in the Poly.
What special events do they normally have, if any this time of year? I'd like to hear any recommendations others can offer, things to look out for or plan for. I have read this is one of the busiest times of the year for parks. But we're spending 15 days and we're not too concerned with parks for the most part. Will visit them but mostly we'll be laid back and not overly concerned with needing to get on any particular ride(s). One of the man reasons was to experience the holiday here and see all the decorations we hear so much about. Is resort touring a thing?

Is resort touring a thing?
Sure. With 15 days you'll have plenty of time to visit many different resorts (all of them, if you are so inclined) and see their unique decorations. Just don't expect to be able to park your car at different resorts without a restaurant reservation- you will likely have to use Disney transportation to visit those.

Top of the resort touring list would be CCV, VGF, and AKV. Amazing lobbies! Hopefully the Very Merry Xmas Party will return. Parks are def busy that time of year. Try the many holiday menu items all over Disney.

Visiting the resorts at Christmas is lovely! Although I'm sure I gain weight just breathing in the smell of the delicious gingerbread at the GF!
WL, BC and Contemp are also my top picks for visiting at Christmas.
The festival of the holidays will hopefully be on at Epcot again this year. Picking up a holiday drink or snack and watching the world go by is a great way to pass some time!

Hoping to do this in the next few years! Sounds wonderful.

Sure. With 15 days you'll have plenty of time to visit many different resorts (all of them, if you are so inclined) and see their unique decorations. Just don't expect to be able to park your car at different resorts without a restaurant reservation- you will likely have to use Disney transportation to visit those.
Did they ever allow parking at other resorts prior to Covid? Although taking Disney transportation might not be such a bad thing.

Did they ever allow parking at other resorts prior to Covid? Although taking Disney transportation might not be such a bad thing.
I don't know as I never drove before Covid. Since Covid the resorts haven't been allowing random parking.

Definitely have a plan for Christmas Day. We did MK one year and it was, I hate to say, awful! The monorails will be very busy. It might be a great pool and resort day and make sure you have food/snacks in your villa.

We always do a resort day on the monorail getting coffee and then lunch and we wander around the shops. Like anything else at WDW have a plan in mind for the day(s) and enjoy!

I would highly recommend going to Fort Wilderness campground one evening. The decorated campsites and inflatables are amazing. Perhaps book your dinner there at Trail's End, and then just walk around or use the interior bus system. However, it's always been a dream of mine to take the horse drawn "sleigh" ride around to check out the decor. Would be so magical!

Hopefully the holiday story tellers and candlelight processional will be back at Epcot, as those were among my favourites in 2019.

For sure book one day to go around and see all of the trees. Wilderness Lodge and The Grand Floridian will be very close for you. Animal Kingdom Lodge also should not be missed.

Definitely have a plan for Christmas Day. We did MK one year and it was, I hate to say, awful! The monorails will be very busy. It might be a great pool and resort day and make sure you have food/snacks in your villa.

We always do a resort day on the monorail getting coffee and then lunch and we wander around the shops. Like anything else at WDW have a plan in mind for the day(s) and enjoy!

Ha ha! We love Christmas day at MK! Last time we were there for Christmas (2018) we got to MK early, did a couple of rides, and then had brunch at the Plaza with a view of the castle :love: I think we then used our fastpasses and bailed around 2.30 in the afternoon as the lines were so long for everything! We hopped on the monorail to the GF, got a drink and a snack at the QS place and sat in the lovely courtyard with another lovely view. We then went to WCC for dinner.

I do agree, have a plan though. Who knows how it will be this year, and what level capacity will be at. I can't wait to find out, and keeping everything crossed we are allowed to fly from the UK

Did they ever allow parking at other resorts prior to Covid?

Near park resorts have long been abused by folks who don't want to pay for parking, so they have often tried to limit them to resort guests and those with ADRs only.

Parking at AoA (before the skyliner) to grab a QS surf and surf burger (RIP) was no problem before COVID.

I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!

We’re also booked for Christmas this year for almost 2 weeks in Riviera. We haven’t been to WDW since 2017 and this will be our first trip as DVC members and our first trip staying on property so we’re absolutely newbies really!!

I’m just hoping it doesn’t get cancelled due to COVID! But I would hope most countries will be allowing us folks in the UK to travel given we should all be vaccinated.🤞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter