Christmas Ideas 2022

I’m really at a loss this year. I buy for dd and dh. My family decided no more gift exchange since each family has grown and we no longer get together. Hubbys side we exchange but he likes to give out gift cards🤦🏽‍♀️ .

I saved some Christmas money but 🤷🏽‍♀️ . Hubby usually tells me what he wants from Home Depot Black Friday. Plus I like to get him a few things to unwrap and 2 - gift cards for food for work lunches.
my dd is making good money, actually more money then me. I’d normally give her money, gift cards and buy her some things to unwrap. She said she doesn’t really need anything or money. I’m getting her an Amazon gift card. she had stuff on her Amazon class list for her students so I’ll see if items on her list go on sale.
Plus I plan on making 24 personalized ornaments and stocking for DD’s students. We will be looking for inexpensive things and treats to fill the stockings 😊
I do need little inexpensive gifts for coworkers 4 female and 1 male $5-10 each.

The day I have grandkids I will go nuts shopping lol!
Does she teach at a religious school? If not you cannot assume that every child celebrates Christmas. Perhaps a winter gift- mittens or a deck of cards with card games printed.

I feel like I am coming full circle again, bit of a deja vu.... buying Legos again, but now for my adult kids... millennium falcon... trench run... succulents... world map, except for the age range (and bigger prices) , feels like my Christmas shopping 15 years ago LOL.... some things never go out of style

I feel like I am coming full circle again, bit of a deja vu.... buying Legos again, but now for my adult kids... millennium falcon... trench run... succulents... world map, except for the age range (and bigger prices) , feels like my Christmas shopping 15 years ago LOL.... some things never go out of style
Legos are the best!

My 18 year old asked for Lego again this year. Happy to oblige !

Does she teach at a religious school? If not you cannot assume that every child celebrates Christmas. Perhaps a winter gift- mittens or a deck of cards with card games printed.
She works at a public school. She’s ask if anyone doesn’t celebrate so far everyone does. All the kids celebrated Halloween and no issues with Halloween parade

Where will the deals be for Apple watches this year? My DH is buying one for me.

If you're not dead set on Yeti, check out Rtic. We were looking for a Yeti, read great reviews on Rtic, and talked to some friends of ours that have those. It's the same idea, but was a lot cheaper. We've had ours for 4 years now, and still going strong!
Never owned a Yeti but have several RTIC's of various sizes and love them. They also have things like can coozies etc that work great

Looking for suggestions for my 79 year old mother. I'm planning to give her some money but I want to add something to it. Money seems so impersonal. Any suggestions? Buying her clothes is out. I've bought her speciality foods in the past and was politely asked to stop doing that. She doesn't collect anything. No hobbies other than dating - LOL. Thoughts?

Looking for suggestions for my 79 year old mother. I'm planning to give her some money but I want to add something to it. Money seems so impersonal. Any suggestions? Buying her clothes is out. I've bought her speciality foods in the past and was politely asked to stop doing that. She doesn't collect anything. No hobbies other than dating - LOL. Thoughts?
My mom is super difficult too and these are some things I've thought of. Stamps and notecards. A kindle that is already linked to the public library in your area. A nice speaker and an audible subscription or some audiobooks. Towels as by their age, their towels are getting old and threadbare (my mom doesn't want thick fluffy ones, says they are too heavy). Lightweight, fancy, costume earrings for going out. A small purse. A pretty chain for her eyeglasses. One of those pedal things that you can do while you sit.

I bought my Mom an Aura frame. She is 78.

Tim Tracker had a discount code on one of his vlogs for $50 off. It came to $134 or $139... I can't recall exactly. I was able to download over 500 pictures to it and I sent a link to my siblings to add pictures of their own to it, too, so it will scroll through everyone's photos for her to enjoy. We can continue to add photos after she has it. There is no limit to the number of pictures. They are stored in the cloud.

I was going to buy the same thing for my MIL (89), but I said to my DH that it's up to him. Everything nice that we buy for his mother, my SIL takes. We bought her a very expensive Lenox nativity when we were first married. My BIL added to it. When my MIL asked him to go get it and set it up last week, he looked for it, but it wasn't there. While MIL was in the hospital last year, my SIL went through the house and took everything of value that she liked... including the nativity. Of course, she denies it, but we all know what she's about. :( So, I said to my DH that if we buy this for his Mom, he needs to understand that his sister will take it at some point. He hasn't said yes or no to me on it yet.

For her birthday, we bought her a Sam's Club container of Maxwell House (that's her preferred coffee) and an I Love You Mom mug. She isn't doing very well and doesn't really need much. That's another reason why we don't know if the frame is a good investment for the time that she may have left.

my mom would always glom on to the tabloids at the hair salon and doctor's office so one year i got her a subscription to the national enquirer-she loved it! only magazine of that type i would discourage is 'people' b/c they've reduced their font size in recent years making it very difficult to read.

my mom would always glom on to the tabloids at the hair salon and doctor's office so one year i got her a subscription to the national enquirer-she loved it! only magazine of that type i would discourage is 'people' b/c they've reduced their font size in recent years making it very difficult to read.

I'd be careful with this type of thing. Few months ago my US Weekly sub switched from paper to electronic without my asking. No idea if I could change it back, though the email made it seem like that wasn't an option. None of my other magazines have done this yet.

The big thing I'm looking for is an iPad. My mom is going to gift that to my dad. So I'm helping her find a deal. Unfortunately my dad is very into electronic stuff (which baffles me he doesn't have an iPad yet) so the base iPad he would be disappointed getting the older one and he'd want the current generation 10. Sucks as it is over $100 cheaper for the older style. But then that will help me in the gifts to give my dad, get him a case for it and an iTunes gift card to supplement the other gifts I'm giving. I'm hoping around BF there might be some offer with a store gift card with purchase.
As far as specs go there really isn’t that big of a difference between the 9 and 10. I was able to double the storage by going with the 9 for my DD. In any case, Apple is having a sale from the 25th to the 28th where you will get a $50 Apple Gift Card.

As far as specs go there really isn’t that big of a difference between the 9 and 10. I was able to double the storage by going with the 9 for my DD. In any case, Apple is having a sale from the 25th to the 28th where you will get a $50 Apple Gift Card.
I ended up getting my dh the 9 too. Best Buy has the 64g for $269 and the 256g for $419. He won’t notice any difference.

Just got DD22 the Lululemon Belt Bag - not on sale, but at least it was in stock (in black). She'll either love it or hate it. If she hates it, well, that's what returns are for LOL

Last edited:
Do you live in the same town? My Mom didn't really want much at that age other than time with her kids/grandkids. Her eyesight was too poor for any reading materials, anything tech was just too confusing, she didn't want any new clothes or household appliances. So I'd usually just take her out for a nice lunch with DD. My SIL liked to take her to get her hair done.

But a year or two after my father passed away, I decided to research her family tree. Due to some complex family issues, she never really had clarity on what her ancestry was. My father's side was heavily researched by various extended family members, but her side was always just a question mark. I spent a few months working hard on it. My goal was just to identify when the various branches immigrated to the US and where they came from - I figured it'd be just a few generations, easy peasy. Ha! Turns out I had to go back 11 generations on the line her maiden name came from - back to 1634! Thankfully after I got back 4 or 5 generations, I was able to tap into research done by others ahead of me :) I did this quietly without telling her (although with help from my Aunt), and had a chart printed out with the tree for her Christmas present, along with a bunch of the material I found on the more interesting characters in the tree. The cost in the end wasn't crazy - the printing cost me less than $20 total, although I spent more getting some public records pulled (mainly the old INS files on 2 of her grandparents who immigrated more recently). She loved it!

Last edited:
Do you live in the same town? My Mom didn't really want much at that age other than time with her kids/grandkids. Her eyesight was too poor for any reading materials, anything tech was just too confusing, she didn't want any new clothes or household appliances. So I'd usually just take her out for a nice lunch with DD. My SIL liked to take her to get her hair done.

But a year or two after my father passed away, I decided to research her family tree. Due to some complex family issues, she never really had clarity on what her ancestry was. My father's side was heavily researched by various extended family members, but her side was always just a question mark. I spent a few months working hard on it. My goal was just to identify when the various branches immigrated to the US and where they came from - I figured it'd be just a few generations, easy peasy. Ha! Turns out I had to go back 11 generations on the line her maiden name came from - back to 1634! Thankfully after I got back 4 or 5 generations, I was able to tap into research done by others ahead of me :) I did this quietly without telling her (although with help from my Aunt), and had a chart printed out with the tree for her Christmas present, along with a bunch of the material I found on the more interesting characters in the tree. The cost in the end wasn't crazy - the printing cost me less than $20 total, although I spent more getting some public records pulled (mainly the old INS files on 2 of her grandparents who immigrated more recently). She loved it!

Kind of what my mom and I are doing for xmas this year. She's been doing a lot if the family history on her side and my dad's mom's side. We decided a few years ago to do one gift we split rather than buy each other stuff we could buy ourselves. Was a weekend trip one year, last year was a new stove because we hated the one we had. This year we're going to find/hire someone that does genealogy to help verify and find more documentation on it. Her side she gets stuck in Norway and my grandma's side goes back to the revolutionary war. She uses all the various sites but you can still only get so far sometimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter