Christmas Fantasy Cruise December 15, 2012

You are having 80 degree weather now? We woke up to SNOW this morning. Ugh! :mad:

I am wanting to do a trip report too...I wasn't sure how early I could start...you have inspired me...I suppose I can start any ol' time I want, huh? :rotfl:

You are having 80 degree weather now? We woke up to SNOW this morning. Ugh! :mad:

I am wanting to do a trip report too...I wasn't sure how early I could start...you have inspired me...I suppose I can start any ol' time I want, huh? :rotfl:

Go for it!!:thumbsup2

The Trip planning party is Friday night march 23 at Tink's house. Think Ive got the dinner planned. Stuffed mushrooms, beer bread, chicken tenders(I do these myself) with dipping sauces, salad and either Sundaes or Brownie Sundaes. I am off Thursday and Friday so I will figure it out then. Thankfully Mel, Tinks mom will let me cook in her kitchen and is very glad I am cooking so she doesnt have to when she gets off work. She will help me though and Tink will too. Actually Tink is becoming an excellent cook...Domestic Diva no but able to fix a meal....she can fix fettichuni alfreado that rocks!!

I need to find the California CD's and I will try to post pictures of the cast. May not get it done until Thursday or Friday. I am doing the unusual the next two weeks. I am working during the week.

subscribing popcorn:: We are also on this cruise. I am so excited I am driving the family crazy. It is a first cruise for all of us. Thanks for organizing the FE for this trip!

I just saw your PTR now but wow you have been planning for a long time, you must be getting so excited! My previous DCL cruise was at Christmas time and they have the ship decorated so beautifully - you will love it!

By the way - is everyone on the cruise meet thread for our cruise? I know LuvEeyore is...

Just checking! I would love to chat...but don't want to hijack any of the PTR's. :goodvibes

Reading your PTR is making me even more excited!! We are cruising with you and we are also traveling with my 75 year old MIL. Maybe we can introduce my MIL to your DM, this will be her first EVER cruise, and we are celebrating her retirement, she still works full time but her health has been failing this past year and she is finally calling it quits ( nothing serious, just one thing after another). Can't wait to join in on all the fun with the FE, We had such a great time on our last cruise!! Making a new FE and new gifts this year...Can't wait to read more and get to know everyone better

Happy Planning:goodvibes

Reading your PTR is making me even more excited!! We are cruising with you and we are also traveling with my 75 year old MIL. Maybe we can introduce my MIL to your DM, this will be her first EVER cruise, and we are celebrating her retirement, she still works full time but her health has been failing this past year and she is finally calling it quits ( nothing serious, just one thing after another). Can't wait to join in on all the fun with the FE, We had such a great time on our last cruise!! Making a new FE and new gifts this year...Can't wait to read more and get to know everyone better

Happy Planning:goodvibes

Welcome DreamCruiser100!! So glad you are here. Maybe we can introduce them. Maybe your Mom in law would like to do what min wants to do...Sit on our extra large aft deck and watch where the front of the ship just was!! The firls are looking forward to sunning on their private deck.

Got more updates to do today!!! Taxes then the FE list!!
Lee

Travel Plans
The tickets are bought!!
We are traveling on Amtrak round trip. We are traveling to Cary NC as soon as the girls get out of school to board the train just before 9:30 p.m. We are planning to take a pillow and blanket as well as lap top with mobile wi fi, e readers, portable DVD player, cell phones and snacks and drinks with us. We have all decided that we would do tis to save money to do other things on the ship
To come home we will have Saturday to do something then board the train for home at 7:00 p.m.

The Sail Away Party
Didnt happen even reschedules so it is occuring via phone and email. Mom and i watched the sail away,

More to come as I plan.
Lee

Have I lost it? What is this about the Quackers? We have 3 different last names so what name do we use? I went to see Tink at the party supply store that she is working for one Sunday afternoon. We were looking for paper plates to use at the Sail Away Party we had planned for the day of the inaugural sailing of Fantasy which never happened due to scheduling. When looking we found these rubber ducky’s. We found a Christmas Caroler (mom loves Christmas), a nurse (Luveeyore) and 2 graduate ducks (for Tink and her best friend who are graduating in 2013 and this is Morgan’s graduation gift from Mom and I. We plan to take these and use them in some pictures. On the way home I decided to start thinking about the name we would use. I had the ducks on the front seat of my car. I started laughing and quacking. I called Tink laughing and quacking then told her I had a possible last name for us, “The Quackers.” She was laughing and since then we are the Quackers.

The Quacker’s will be taking Amtrak and in case of snow in our area, we have a volunteer to drive us to Cary. Mom went to grad school in the research triangle of North Carolina so we are planning to take a day trip to that area just to play and find the train station and to figure out how long it will take us to get there as we aren’t planning to leave until the girls get home from school.

Once we get to Orlando, we have a reservation for a Mini Van for 24 hours and a reservation at Country Inn and Suites. Like the breakfast. They aren’t charging me for the girls even though they will be 18. Two queen beds was also a draw and the rental return is close. Friday we will go from Orlando to Port, check in and maybe go to Ron Jon’s, the beach or go to Jetty Park and have an early dinner and watch ships leave then go to the hotel and do nails, upload pictures so far, check email and generally chill. If the girls need to finish assignments for the next week, they can use the morning train ride and time at the hotel to finish. I will have worked all week:scared1: until we leave so I will be ready to crash.
:cloud9

Not only are the Quackers traveling, we plan to travel in style with a few surprises along the way. I found on clearance 4 reusable shopping bags. For Mom a Pooh bag, for Luveeyore a Minnie bag, for Tink a Tink bag and for vbf a Mickey luvs NY bag. Not only the bags but a 16 oz cup with lid and straw that matches. I am an independent beauty consultant and have gotten sunscreen lip balm for each of us, a 15 dollar Disney gift card, and an eye mask for each of us. More will be added.:goodvibes

Pictures will follow—maybe even in tomorrow.

I have started one of our FE gifts and am now trying to finish the first draft of the FE/cruiser list.

More to follow.

We be cruisin with ya. :goodvibes

looking forward to reading more of your PTR and comparing notes on my to do's and what I forgot.:rotfl2:

1 room is paid for and the second one almost. The passport is still MIA-goal of the weel is to find it.
No pictures yet. Hope to do that soon,
Water shoes and bathing suites purchased. Goody bags for everyone started.
Gift cards to use on the ship are being purchased
1 FE list done.
1 FE gift made. Cant tell you what since some of my cruising buddies are on this thread.
1 Facebook page started-If you are on the cruise and are not on the FB page PM me if you want in the group.

More to come soon. Unfortunately this time of year work rules. What were people thinking 7-10 months ago or rather doing? I can tell you I see the results as I work in Labor and Delivery!!
Lee

Okay…you all think I died or am not cruising. Sorry I ran away for a while. Overtime is killing my DIS time. And when I am on DIS it has been working on the cruiser list and the FE and SM lists. My evaluation was due on Sept 30 and takes time.

Well for an update

Introduction to the crew:
Me-Luveeyore on the DIS. I love Goofy and Eeyore. I have an original Eeyore PJ bag given to me by my Uncle who was living in Florida at the time I was 3. Still have that minus an eye, a mane and he now has a bandaid on the nose. I am moody like Eeyore and it has taken work to get to the point I see things the cup is half full rather than empty. Goofy well that is an easy one. I am uncoordinated and like to Goof around. He is getting into stuff and a loyal friend—that is me
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx204/alprice/100_0628.jpg
Mom-She loves all things Disney and loves Pooh, Mickey and Minnie. Mom went with us when we were young in the 70’s to Disney World-then just the Magic Kingdom. She started traveling with me beginning in the mid 90’s. Dad like to stay home and Mom loved to travel. One of her wishes was to go on a cruise and we did in 2005. We booked another DCL cruise but decided to do an Alaskian cruise and my brother and Tink and her mom and grandmom went as well. Now we are back to DCL.
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx204/alprice/Disney 2010/DSC00341.jpg
Tink- Tink turned 18 last week. When she was 5 or 6 she was watching tv and a DCL commercial came on. She looked up, smiled and said when I graduate from school that is what I am going to do!! Well my one and only God daughter is getting a DCL cruise for graduation, her 18th BD, her 17th BD, Christmas for this year and last. Tink loves dance, princesses and Minnie and Mickey. I am not sure when she out grew Tinkerbell as she lived and breathed Tink until sometime and we aren’t sure when it happened.
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx204/alprice/Morgan and Christie/100_0125_zps42df628d.jpg
This is Tink(white dress) and Tink's BF(blue dress) on Tink's 18th BD

Tink’s BF- Tink really wanted her best friend to go and so here she is. She has worked hard the last two summers and is paying for her cruise fare. She is getting her taxes and port charges and a shore excursion for her 18th BD , Christmas and Graduation present and she is estatic!! She will turn 18 in late October . She loves Miickey and Thumper. She is a great kid and balances Morghttp://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx204/alprice/Morgan%20and%20Christie/2011-11-13135719_zps0bea8dd0.jpgan.

To Do List:
Pay off Cruise-done
Check in-done 11-11:30 port arrival time
Hotel Ressies for night before- done Country Inn and Suites
Transportation to Florida-done Amtrak arriving Orlando 12/14
Leave and drive to Cary NC on 12/13 arrive at train station about 8pm
Tickets purchased.
Return home leaving Orlando 12/22 and arrive in Cary NC 8 am 12/23
Rental Car
Ressies made with Hertz for 2 1 day rentals. This may change. The best rates I can get so far has
Me paying 400 dollars for less than 48 hours of car rental. Still looking at options.
Passports
Moms-okay
Tink’s-renewal not back
Luveeyore-renewal not back(cant find it will have to expidite probably)
Tink’s best friend-back and ready to go.
Ressie’s for shipboard activities and shore excursions
Done But may change days of some of the ressie’s so that we can go to Animator’s both nights
And the girls really want to go to Pirate’s night. Costume’s in the works for Tink and Luveeyore(on order-Tink works at a Party and Costume store) . Mom-we are working on her something to wear. Tinks best friend-wearing Tink’s mom’s costume.
FE and SM assignments are done—the gifts aren’t. I am the keeper of the lists for this cruise. Other than updating, the list is done!!

okay a questions for all you techie's out there. Why did the link show up and not the image?

because you have to click on the IMG on the photobook page..

You can also put
after the pic and get the same result...

Here.. I'll help you out....

Okay…you all think I died or am not cruising. Sorry I ran away for a while. Overtime is killing my DIS time. And when I am on DIS it has been working on the cruiser list and the FE and SM lists. My evaluation was due on Sept 30 and takes time.

Well for an update

Introduction to the crew:
Me-Luveeyore on the DIS. I love Goofy and Eeyore. I have an original Eeyore PJ bag given to me by my Uncle who was living in Florida at the time I was 3. Still have that minus an eye, a mane and he now has a bandaid on the nose. I am moody like Eeyore and it has taken work to get to the point I see things the cup is half full rather than empty. Goofy well that is an easy one. I am uncoordinated and like to Goof around. He is getting into stuff and a loyal friend—that is me
100_0628.jpg

Mom-She loves all things Disney and loves Pooh, Mickey and Minnie. Mom went with us when we were young in the 70’s to Disney World-then just the Magic Kingdom. She started traveling with me beginning in the mid 90’s. Dad like to stay home and Mom loved to travel. One of her wishes was to go on a cruise and we did in 2005. We booked another DCL cruise but decided to do an Alaskian cruise and my brother and Tink and her mom and grandmom went as well. Now we are back to DCL.
DSC00341.jpg

Tink- Tink turned 18 last week. When she was 5 or 6 she was watching tv and a DCL commercial came on. She looked up, smiled and said when I graduate from school that is what I am going to do!! Well my one and only God daughter is getting a DCL cruise for graduation, her 18th BD, her 17th BD, Christmas for this year and last. Tink loves dance, princesses and Minnie and Mickey. I am not sure when she out grew Tinkerbell as she lived and breathed Tink until sometime and we aren’t sure when it happened.
100_0125_zps42df628d.jpg

This is Tink(white dress) and Tink's BF(blue dress) on Tink's 18th BD

Tink’s BF- Tink really wanted her best friend to go and so here she is. She has worked hard the last two summers and is paying for her cruise fare. She is getting her taxes and port charges and a shore excursion for her 18th BD , Christmas and Graduation present and she is estatic!! She will turn 18 in late October . She loves Miickey and Thumper. She is a great kid and balances Morg
2011-11-13135719_zps0bea8dd0.jpeg

To Do List:
Pay off Cruise-done
Check in-done 11-11:30 port arrival time
Hotel Ressies for night before- done Country Inn and Suites
Transportation to Florida-done Amtrak arriving Orlando 12/14
Leave and drive to Cary NC on 12/13 arrive at train station about 8pm
Tickets purchased.
Return home leaving Orlando 12/22 and arrive in Cary NC 8 am 12/23
Rental Car
Ressies made with Hertz for 2 1 day rentals. This may change. The best rates I can get so far has
Me paying 400 dollars for less than 48 hours of car rental. Still looking at options.
Passports
Moms-okay
Tink’s-renewal not back
Luveeyore-renewal not back(cant find it will have to expidite probably)
Tink’s best friend-back and ready to go.
Ressie’s for shipboard activities and shore excursions
Done But may change days of some of the ressie’s so that we can go to Animator’s both nights
And the girls really want to go to Pirate’s night. Costume’s in the works for Tink and Luveeyore(on order-Tink works at a Party and Costume store) . Mom-we are working on her something to wear. Tinks best friend-wearing Tink’s mom’s costume.
FE and SM assignments are done—the gifts aren’t. I am the keeper of the lists for this cruise. Other than updating, the list is done!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter