Christmas Eve Dining Events

Ona

ºoº Disney Dorks founding member ºoº
Are there any Epcot (or any other park) with Dining Events on Christmas Eve?

We have always done the Candlelight Dinner Package on Christmas Eve followed by Illuminations. Last year was the first time in almost 20 years that we didn't. And this year, with the mess that was the dining reservations for Candlelight, looks like we won't get to do it this year either.

Any other recommendations?

Also having the same issue with New Years. Typically we do 'Ohana. Today... at 6:59am, Dec 31st not available. 7am - sold out. :sad1:

Check out the signature restaurants at the SwanDolphin, many are on OpenTable but at least one only via phone call for reservations.

I haven't seen any special dining events and 12/31 was booked up by last night: my window opened yesterday AM at 6 but since it was Halloween I forgot until 7pm. We now have New Year's Eve dinner at Brown Derby (yay, we love it) ... at 4pm (sigh).

Are there any Epcot (or any other park) with Dining Events on Christmas Eve?

We have always done the Candlelight Dinner Package on Christmas Eve followed by Illuminations. Last year was the first time in almost 20 years that we didn't. And this year, with the mess that was the dining reservations for Candlelight, looks like we won't get to do it this year either.

Any other recommendations?

Also having the same issue with New Years. Typically we do 'Ohana. Today... at 6:59am, Dec 31st not available. 7am - sold out. :sad1:
We only eat fish on the Eve so Flying Fish served as the answer to the question. Of course that’s not a possibility currently so perhaps Paddlefish or Boathouse would satisfy. I would check the Patina Group’s Italian eateries (Maria and Enzo’s; Enzo’s Hideaway) to see if they are serving a special meal that night. Good food and wine with lots of space.

Same recommendation for NYE- go to Disney Springs. You can make reservations now for the holidays via www.opentable.com.

We’re not so much looking for dining (I know this is the dining board lol) but rather the event part. We’re local, so there’s lots of awesome restaurants we’d actually prefer lol. We’d really like a more traditional Christmas event for Christmas Eve if we can’t do the processional. Right now we’re leaning towards Night of a Million Lights at GKTW, but I know my mother will miss the traditional feeling of the Candlelight.

We’re not into crowds, especially this year, and have 2 seniors in our group, so typically for New Years, a park or Disney Springs wouldn’t work. We’ve done Swan and Dolphin for NYE in the past, but have always gone back to ‘Ohana as our fav.

I was hoping there might be some special events for either of those evenings, that I hadn’t heard about, but seems perhaps not.

Reservations have been a mess this year. We got Space 220 for lunch on the 24th and Yachtsman for dinner. I noticed that Whispering Canyon had a Christmas day meal so we got that for the 25th. Wish we could have swapped one for a candlelight processional but it was sold out the minute it opened somehow. Pretty disappointing. We've never seen it.

We’re not so much looking for dining (I know this is the dining board lol) but rather the event part. We’re local, so there’s lots of awesome restaurants we’d actually prefer lol. We’d really like a more traditional Christmas event for Christmas Eve if we can’t do the processional. Right now we’re leaning towards Night of a Million Lights at GKTW, but I know my mother will miss the traditional feeling of the Candlelight.

We’re not into crowds, especially this year, and have 2 seniors in our group, so typically for New Years, a park or Disney Springs wouldn’t work. We’ve done Swan and Dolphin for NYE in the past, but have always gone back to ‘Ohana as our fav.

I was hoping there might be some special events for either of those evenings, that I hadn’t heard about, but seems perhaps not.
Understanding your purpose better 😊. How about just watching the CP outside the amphitheater (lots of landscape seating) and if you like either opting for CS (Katsuri Grill has outdoor seating and amazing gardens) or see if there’s a place by the Boardwalk that appeals?
Have a wonderful holiday!

i would echo the "keep checking" advice. we got a christmas day lunch spot at minnie's holiday dine today - actually had a choice between two times, so I'm wondering if things are just being released more slowly as they figure out crowds/amount of tables they're comfortable with, etc. wondering if the approval of vaccines for children will change their limits at all. but we have had absolutely no luck with breakfasts anywhere. we wanted a christmas eve breakfast or brunch but ended up booking an early christmas eve dinner at boma because it was pretty much all that was available (we ended up booking about a week ago, so everything has been last-minute)

i would echo the "keep checking" advice. we got a christmas day lunch spot at minnie's holiday dine today - actually had a choice between two times, so I'm wondering if things are just being released more slowly as they figure out crowds/amount of tables they're comfortable with, etc. wondering if the approval of vaccines for children will change their limits at all. but we have had absolutely no luck with breakfasts anywhere. we wanted a christmas eve breakfast or brunch but ended up booking an early christmas eve dinner at boma because it was pretty much all that was available (we ended up booking about a week ago, so everything has been last-minute)

Is there a list of restaurants that have a Christmas day menu? I can't find one anywhere.

Is there a list of restaurants that have a Christmas day menu? I can't find one anywhere.
Not that I’ve seen. We just booked the Minnie’s holiday dine for the characters. No idea if it will be a special menu or just the regular dinner menu they have posted on the restaurant page, but we’re fine with either. The 6 year old won’t care one bit what she eats if Christmas Minnie is visiting the table (or waving from an acceptable social distance).

Not that I’ve seen. We just booked the Minnie’s holiday dine for the characters. No idea if it will be a special menu or just the regular dinner menu they have posted on the restaurant page, but we’re fine with either. The 6 year old won’t care one bit what she eats if Christmas Minnie is visiting the table (or waving from an acceptable social distance).

Which Restaurant is having the Minnie's Holiday Dine? We'll be there Christmas eve and day also and while I've got our restaurants booked so far, I can change or add still.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter