Christmas eve & Christmas day dining options? non-park

markpenske

Mouseketeer
Anyone have any suggestions for Christmas eve/day dining options? These 2 days will be non-park days for us. We're open to resorts, Disney springs or outside WDW dining. About 15 years or so ago we ate at Whispering canyons and at Outback.

I would pick a resort that you want to visit for the decorations. Wilderness lodge is always a favorite but all the deluxe resorts are something to see. I would pick Christmas Eve at the GF and Christmas Day at wilderness lodge.
if you do end up at the Epcot resorts they are so lovely to see also. I don’t think there is a bad choice

Ooooooo good question.
If I were doing non park on eve or day I would do resort or the springs.

My choices for resort would be:

Citricos-GF
Steakhouse 71-Cotnemporary
Trattoria al Forno or Flying Fish-Boardwalk
Toppolinos-Riviera
Sanaa-Animal Kingdom

Springs- Homecomin, Boathouse, Paddlefish

We are doing Boma for Christmas Eve Dinner and since we are staying at Beach Club Villas, I was able to get a B & Cream for Christmas night. I originally thought about Yachtman's Steakhouse, but with my 7 year old son and friend's 8 year old daughter, I think B & C is a better choice for Christmas and we can get ice cream.

You should also check out Ears for Each other on FB. A lot of caterers and if you’re in a villa or cabin it might be worthwhile to have something catered!

Also shout out to Pete-a few months ago on the podcast he mentioned the group and also said he has it in his contract that his caterer for thanksgiving eats dinner with him and his company and I love that.

Every restaurant I had a worthy holiday meal at is currently closed or just not what I want. I could see myself eating at WBG for Christmas Eve but the Day is another story.If my room had cooking facilities like the DVC area, I’d just cook a nice meal.

So, I eat Peking Duck every Christmas, and it's one of the only days per year where price is ignored b/c it's the holiday, so I'd take my family of 6 to Morimoto Asia and get 2 orders of the Morimoto Spare Ribs and 2 orders of the Peking Duck (so 4 "official" people worth) and then, I'd add 2 orders of the Lo Mein (I'd skip this and have the white rice from the duck, but my kids and spouse go to town on noodles), and one order each of the Tofu Medley and the Kung Pao Cauliflower, so we'd have some veg with the awesome meat:)...and we'd all share family style like a holiday...

You might not have many options to choose from on property since the 60 day dining mark already passed for Christmas Eve/Day. We've had enjoyable Christmas Eve meals at Citrico's and Hoop Dee Doo (not open yet). We usually do Christmas day in MK. If you have to travel around Disney that day you may want to pick a deluxe resort with great holiday theming or activities to make it worth the transportation nightmare you will probably endure. Otherwise, I would consider eating dinner somewhere either in or near your resort to minimize traffic headaches. In my experience, you want to limit your travel as much as possible on Christmas Eve/Day (and that following week) at Disney as the roads and transportation are packed. Disney already does not have a large pool of bus drivers due to the labor shortage, so even Disney transportation will be a mess those days (worse than usual if I had to predict). Uber surge pricing is through the roof on holidays and drivers are hard to come by. I would avoid Disney Springs on the holiday unless you are going right at opening. If you are driving, it is highly likely the garages will fill to capacity at some point those days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter