• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Eve and Day in Parks

I am hoping to get into mk to do a bunch of 360 video, 360 time laspes and some other things (not rides).. crossing finger as I'm also oncall for work and right now things are not going too well (damn santa trackers and working for an internet company). they aren't fast to post though, they take some time to process but i'll post up what I get and some extra stills/etc.

I posted in another thread that MK is projected 97,000 today. I wish I was there anyway! I'd spend the day people watching. Have fun, folks, and keep calm.
Just 11 more days till this Tibbers sets foot in DW.:banana:

Ok, I "like" the part about hoping to see some park pics, but spending Christmas Day in the park is not on my bucket list. I'm a "home for Christmas" gal :) (Even though, wherever I'm with my kids is pretty much home to me.)

i have been checking wait times all morning, and they don't seem all that bad. Sure the big rides have long waits, but the others, I thought would be higher. POTC-30, Buzz 50, barnstormer 30

So far I have been pleasantly surprised today. Our only plans are to do Christmas stuff and have fun. Got a table on the bridge at Harbor House to eat out lunch with no problem!

I'm not there yet but if you go in with the right attitude, it's a great time/day to be there. The next 2 days is just hanging out, being there, people watching, time lapses. i'm hoping to snag the parade but getting a good spot for 360 video of a parade in a crowd is even harder than regular video or photos. there's very limited spots I like.

Last edited:
Here now since 7am EMH. Not bad at all. Here's what we did (in order)
EMH:
Peter Pan
Winnie Pooh
Tomorrowland Speedway
Space Mtn

8:00am-on
Thunder Mtn
Pirates Caribbean
Jingle Cruise
Space Mtn (fastpass)
Plaza Lunch
Watched Christmas Parade
Philharmagic
Splash Mtn (fastpass)
Peter Pan (fastpass)
Train
Buzz Lightyear (fastpass)

We have SSD mine train fastpass in an hour. Then shopping & Liberty Tree Tavern Christmas Eve Dinner.

With the AP's blocked--it makes a huge difference!!!

Heading over for the dessert fireworks party in a little bit because we have fast passes before hand. I just changed my fast passes and very little was unavailable. We have been here since last Tuesday and while busy, it hasn't been crazy. Still lots of restaurants with ADR's available all over (except the standard ones that always seem to book up). I'll try to upload some photos later on.

Hi guys. So we have been at magic kingdom for about an hour. We had a fp for mine train and we got on in about five minutes. We saw pooh was 30 minutes and we are sitting on people mover now. Took about five minutes to get on.

It's crowded but is manageable especially with a good attitude. We are enjoying the vibe and everyone seems happy. Great night so far!

i"m jealous of everyone. Unfortunately being oncall for work didn't go in my favor today. The downside of living in theme park land is your probably working the holidays so we have a very small window tomorrow to do our xmas celebration at home before everyone scatters to work. Hopefully it will be quiet for me and I can at least try to make it out for the second half of the day tomorrow.

I'm so jealous of all of you who get to wake up Christmas morning at Disney!! I have been checking the wait times during the day and have been surprised at how low the wait times are!

DD and I woke up at AKL on Christmas Eve last yr. on our departure day which was awesome:cool1:(waking up, not departing of course!) My friends who I have been helping plan for are landing now to start their week, so I am also very jealous, but will live vicariously through them with texts and pics all week!

Just wanted to say "Good Luck" to anyone in the parks today. Pack your patience and have fun!!! I wish I was there, I would LOVE to spend Christmas at Disney, someday..........

If anyone would like to post some pics, I would love to see them!

No pics for you but we did take a swing at a Disney Night Before Christmas at MouseTeens. Merry Christmas!

Disney Night Before Christmas

Last time I went to WDW at Christmas was 2007 (we had gone every year for the previous 7 years). Love the atmosphere and holiday vibe, but in 2007 the crowds seemed tremendous so we haven't been back at Christmas since. For those of you there, have a wonderful time, keep your sense of humor and your patience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter