Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at parks with teens--suggestions

hart6066

DIS Veteran
We always go the day or 2 after Christmas, but now with both kids teens, we are thinking that maybe arriving on 12/22 and actually spending the holiday in WDW might bring a little Christmas magic back! The kids would want to be in the parks on those days--not doing resort hops to see displays/decorations there. We go every year so we know about crowds and how to manage those (have been there on NY Eve's every year). I'm more wondering if they do anything different or special in the parks on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day? I was thinking of doing Christmas Eve in MK with maybe dinner at BOG--do they do snow on Main Street or anything Christmas Eve? Then thinking of doing Epcot Christmas Day (kids wouldn't be into CP) with trying to get dinner at Ohanas?

Anyone have done this with teens and have suggestions? Hoping to find ways to make those 2 days not seem like just another day at the parks. Thank you!

1. I'm more wondering if they do anything different or special in the parks on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day? I was thinking of doing Christmas Eve in MK with maybe dinner at BOG--
2. do they do snow on Main Street or anything Christmas Eve?
1. Not specifically on 24/25.
2. Doesn't it snow on Main St. every evening through the Christmas season, already?

Thanks--I have never seen it snow on Main Street-only at HS when Osborne Lights were there. We are only in MK one night for fireworks, but have never seen the snow.

Recently returned from my first Christmas/NY trip. We spent Christmas Eve evening and Christmas Day at MK. I didn't notice anything different to the usual post-MVMCP offerings but just being in the MK over those days was amazing in itself. Busy, obviously, but I didn't care.

In terms of snow on Main Street, one of my favourite memories of the whole trip (and of any Christmas ever) was being stood by the Emporium on Christmas Eve waiting for midnight. The clock struck 00:00, the snow began and the Kiss Goodnight played. It was magical.

Oh, and I'd highly recommend Liberty Tree Tavern if you're looking for a traditional Christmas dinner. The dessert was genuinely one of the best things I ate all holiday too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter