Christmas @ Disney for adults

One of our favorite things to do is The Candlelight Processional package with the Dinner before. We always eat at LeCellier but there are other restaurants also. The CP is awe inspiring, you will really enjoy it. My favorite thing I did the last time we were there was the Fireworks Cruise. It is so wonderful to sit in front of the MK and watch Wishes and the Electric Water Pageant. You also tour around the lake and see the Hotels also, it was really magical. So many things to do as always at WDW with the extra magic of Christmas. Enjoy.:santa:

Christmas is magical, lots to see and do. The Osborne Lights at the Studios are magnificant and World Showcase is always a joy. But don't forget Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, its a load of fun for people of all ages.

And if I'm lucky, I'll be down as well.

I'm thinking of making a trip at the beginning of December during the down time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. If not this year, then next year.

I truly do not mind travelling solo. I can do whatever I want without worrying about anyone else's agenda. Also, I have an obsession with pins, and I can stop CMs to my heart's content.

Your deluxe resorts get all decked out starting from Thanksgiving time; it's neat to take a ride on the monorail and visit the Polynesian, Contemporary, and the Grand Floridian. The Grand Floridian has an orchestra in the lobby balcony doing Xmas music sets. There's a piano player on the main floor doing the same in between the orchestra's sets. There's a full size ginger bread house there where you can buy gingerbread cookies. Their Christmas tree is wonderful and Santa comes out to the lobby, too. Even though it's not exactly a Christmas thing you can do afternoon tea there, as well.

The parks have character greets that are Christmas oriented. AK has a Christmas version to their parade. Epcot has Christmas storytellers, who explain the traditions in their particular culture. There's a Christmas version to Illuminations fireworks in Epcot. As mentioned, the Candlelight Processional is a real favorite; I recommend the dinner package for this event; it gives you guaranteed and reserved seating for the show (based on you getting there on time). HS has Osbourne Lights which are sychronized to music. MK has their special party (you pay extra for this activity). MK's castle is specially lighted for Christmas; the castle looks like icicles all over. Many of the special events mentioned here take place in the evening.

There's a special tour you can take that costs extra about the Christmas Holidays at Disney World. You go behind the scenes for this tour. When we did it we got a special ornament to take home.

There's enough Christmas going on at the World!

We just go and take in the atmosphere, watch the Candlelight processional, watch Illuminations with the holiday ending (we watch that a lot!), watch the Christmas parade. On Christmas day we avoid the parks and go to the spa at Saratoga Springs, followed by a quick trip to the Christmas shop in DTD (nothing like the Christmas shop on Christmas day!), then back to the resort for lunch followed by an afternoon lazing by the pool and sitting in the hot tub! We also take time during the trip to tour all the deluxe resorts to look at the decorations. We can't wait to do all this again for Christmas 2010!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter