• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Decorations

Last year they went up in MK they went between closing on November 1st and rope drop on November 2nd.

They go up in MK right after the last MNSSHP. They really ramp up resort decorations after American Thanksgiving.

oh, thank you, I'm not sure when we're going but at least if we go early they'll be up. I have always wanted to see Disney at Christmas but never thought I would!

They start decorating right after Halloween, MK is the first park to be worked on. Usually by the Sunday BEFORE Thanksgiving they have completed all the decorations in the parks and resorts. We always used to go Jersey Week (early November), when we arrived our resort did not have any decorations up, but by the time we left they were just about done. Very cool to see, my DW stayed up all night to watch them erect and decorate the very large tree in WL on one trip !

A couple of years ago at Disneyland they had the snow on the castle already on Halloween (which didn't please me). One year I was there on Nov. 4 and it was half Halloween/half Christmas. The Nightmare Before Christmas transformation of the Haunted Mansion happens in September so it's there all fall through New Years.

A couple of years ago at Disneyland they had the snow on the castle already on Halloween (which didn't please me). One year I was there on Nov. 4 and it was half Halloween/half Christmas. The Nightmare Before Christmas transformation of the Haunted Mansion happens in September so it's there all fall through New Years.

Thankfully, this doesn't happen in the World. Two trips ago, we went the last week of October through the first week of November. We were in Magic Kingdom in fully Halloweeen decor one day and MK with full Christmas decor the next. That's how fast it changes. I love looking at the pics of the Halloween versus Christmas stringers down Main Street - they don't put those up anymore though.

To the OP: Nothing compares to WDW when the parks and resorts are fully decked out for Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter