Christmas decorations down yet?

Nope. Everything was so crazy the month of Dec, this is the time I get to sit and enjoy them without any stress. They’ll likely come down the weekend of the 8th. But maybe the following weekend since a 3 day weekend and we don’t have any plans.

I put a couple of items away today but everything else will gradually get packed away for next year through the end of this week.

I'm working on it. Won't get done today. I was hoping to get all the inside decorations done today and the tree tomorrow. Might not happen.
Hopefully by Saturday it will all be done and taken back to storage.
I still need to pack!!

We won't start taking them down until Thursday or Friday. I have everything down but the tree, which I traditionally take down on New Years Day while watching the Rose Bowl. We did a lot less decorating this year due to illness, so it won't take long to put everything away.

Nope. I should have done it yesterday but completely spaced it out. Now it’s looking like we won’t have time to take everything down until the weekend of Jan 22nd. We are just too busy during the week and then going to be on vacation for almost 2 weeks. Oh well it’ll get done eventually

Each year is different for me depending on our plans. If we’re staying home the week between Christmas and New Year, I usually like to enjoy them that week. They’re always down before I go back to work after the New Year.

We were supposed to be leaving tomorrow for a trip but Omicron cancelled it. I would have taken them down today if we had gone so that I could just rest to go back to work when we got back. I thought about leaving them up since it was cancelled but we just took them down and packed them away. I blame the weather. We have had several days of record highs in the upper 80’s. Bright sunny days with the ac running just didn’t vibe with the Xmas decor.

Last edited:
No. When I was a kid decorations stayed up until the Epiphany, January 6. Sometimes the cut tree had to come down sooner, but the rest remained on display.

Now it’s at least thru January 1. Removing decorations depends on what day of the week it falls. I might start on the 2nd. Or if I’m lazy it will be the weekend of January 8 & 9.

Several times we went on vacation a few days after Christmas. Everything stayed up until our return. Then again I don’t start way early. It’s usually around December 10. NEVER on Thanksgiving weekend or even before. :scared1:

Not yet. Things start coming down on 1/2 every year. We didn't get a real tree this year so no rush to get it out for safety reasons. Plan is everything will be down & put away by the next weekend

We didn’t even open our stockings yet lol. Too busy enjoying the Season.
No rush… yet

I normally leave the exterior lights up for a few days after but I took them down yesterday. It was 70+ degrees outside and it’s supposed to drop to 40 next week. Screw that. I went outside in a T-shirt and took them down.

Since my cat undecorated for me and there are no ornaments left on the tree, and he's knocked it over a few times already, it will be down officially tomorrow. I used to keep it up at least until New Year but this new kitten is changing things up :)

No…ours will remain up until January 2nd.
I love the way the house looks this time of year and it makes me sad to have it be all dark and boring again - LOL!

All our grandkids put up window clings on our kitchen cabinets, fridge , dishwasher. Using command strips, I made a wall tree out of garland, that the kids hung all sort of decorations. Sliding door and kitchen windows have those jelly things. The house will look bare.

We also have tiny, med and sort of big tree in three different rooms.

I normally leave the exterior lights up for a few days after but I took them down yesterday. It was 70+ degrees outside and it’s supposed to drop to 40 next week. Screw that. I went outside in a T-shirt and took them down.

One year right after Christmas we had a deep freeze for weeks. A neighbor had a sign stuck in ground that said Santa stop here.....neighbor couldn't get it out of ground. By the third week in Jan, he chopped the sign down.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter