Christmas Decorations at Fort Wilderness??

Claudia Kellenberger

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have photos or a YouTube link of some of the Christmas decorations that people put up when they camp at Fort Wilderness?
I did see it once, but I didn't have a camera with me at the time.

Thanks So Much !

Samantha Brown did a "tour" of the Fort at Christmas several years ago. She even "interviewed" a couple of the folks who decorate their sites every year.

there are several youtube segments for Sam at WDW for Christmas but I'm not sure which one has the Fort decorations segment in it. Just do a search on "Samantha Brown" and you'll get a bunch to choose from :)
Peach

Here's one of mine. Click on the link and make it full screen for full effect:

Good Gosh! I was almost tearful watching the one from Orlando attractions magazine! I am now at work - I can't wait to show it to my DH when I get home.

Now I must get back to work !

Thanks Everyone !!!!!

icotsantabounce.gif
What would you suggest as the best way to see the FW Holiday decorations? Rent a golf cart or just drive around...any loops better than others?

Have always wanted to take the time to see the wonderful decorations campers put up. We'd like to see the decoration when we go early Dec 2013 - do campers decorate as early as the first or second week of Dec? Is Christmas music piped throughout the resort?

Thanks much!
icotsantabounce.gif

icotsantabounce.gif
What would you suggest as the best way to see the FW Holiday decorations? Rent a golf cart or just drive around...any loops better than others?

Have always wanted to take the time to see the wonderful decorations campers put up. We'd like to see the decoration when we go early Dec 2013 - do campers decorate as early as the first or second week of Dec? Is Christmas music piped throughout the resort?

Thanks much!
icotsantabounce.gif

There are decorated sites all over FW so so a golf cart would probably be best or bikes if you have them. Most of the larger displays are at or close to the entrances to loops. There is usually a great one in the 100 loop close to the Settlement Trading Post. These folks want their decorations seen so the best are usually in high traffic areas. If I remember correctly, these pictures were taken the weekend after Veteran's Day 2010. These folks had this site, at the entrance to the 700 loop, since late Sept. that year. This is only a small fraction of what they had as they had only gotten started that day.

P1020010.jpg

P1020011.jpg

P1020012.jpg

P1020013.jpg

P1020015.jpg

Thank you, DznyRulz! That is amazing - and what a nice long stay! Good for them!

Thanks again!

Do people that decorate their sites, turn the christmas lights off at a reasonable hour at night; does the Fort have a time that they have to be off to be courteous to other campers?

Do people that decorate their sites, turn the christmas lights off at a reasonable hour at night; does the Fort have a time that they have to be off to be courteous to other campers?

If I remember right, quiet time at the Fort starts at 10:00 PM. Most of the folks just leave there lights on all night, and turn them off in the AM. The lights don't seem to bother most campers (when your coach is closed up at night you really can't see anything, anyway). My display is dependent on music, so I turn mine off promptly at 10:00 PM. The last thing I need is to upset my neighbors.

There are so many Wonderfully decorated sites, you really need to spend quite a bit of time seeing them all. Try to meet & talk to the owners and hear there stories. They are a GREAT bunch of folks. There is soooo much more there, then meets the eye.

See you at the Fort.............

Have a Magical Day!!
Dave

If I remember right, quiet time at the Fort starts at 10:00 PM. Most of the folks just leave there lights on all night, and turn them off in the AM. The lights don't seem to bother most campers (when your coach is closed up at night you really can't see anything, anyway). My display is dependent on music, so I turn mine off promptly at 10:00 PM. The last thing I need is to upset my neighbors.

There are so many Wonderfully decorated sites, you really need to spend quite a bit of time seeing them all. Try to meet & talk to the owners and hear there stories. They are a GREAT bunch of folks. There is soooo much more there, then meets the eye.

See you at the Fort.............

Have a Magical Day!!
Dave

You who are new here, must go to see Dave's Castle Show! It's indescribable:worship:

Carting, walking, or biking are the preferred ways to see the decorations. Driving through loops is dangerous and not approved by Disney. Cars, motorcycles, etc are for getting to and from your site from outside the Fort, although there is limited 15 minute parking at the Meadows Trading post for shoppers (and a few jerks who park there for the swimming pool).

How early are the sites decorated? We will be there on 11/30 with eeh Boy Scouts and am hoping there will be some decorated sites.

They start coming down on Jan 2. We left Jan 5 last year and everything was down.

We had issues with our neighbors' lights in Dec '10. They had two bright spot lights which were directed on our bedroom. Yes, we have day/night shades, but not to keep out that kind of spotlight :eek:

To me, they were very inconsiderate, especially since they had decorated all the trees between us (even on our site) before we even arrived. We never said a word, but we will if it happens again. They left those things on ALL night!

So, actually, I do wish there was a certain time for "lights out" so it would take care of some of the inconsiderate guests. Most are very nice ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter