Christmas clearance 2020

Our Targets were totally picked over and mostly packed up by the 28th. We found DD26 a cute candle and crock at Michaels but that was pretty empty otherwise. My best find was a plaid tablecloth at Big Lots for $5.

I went to Walmart and tried to look to see what they had and all that was left was a couple of sweaters.

The two Targets I frequent were picked over before Christmas, so I haven't even bothered going to look at clearance. I could use more wrapping paper and ribbon - I always need that - but given the poor selection before Christmas, I know I wouldn't find anything I liked. And it's probably cheaper for me in the long run to just avoid the sale and pay full price for paper next year anyway - I always end up buying stuff I don't really need.

One thing I did get was a backpack from Baggalini online today - I wasn't really looking for one, but somehow I stumbled upon it, and it has most of the characteristics I want in a small daypack for vacations and it was at a nicely reduced price, plus I found 20% off and free shipping codes that stacked. I'm picky about the features I want in a bag, and I haven't been able to find one to replace the nearly perfect one I found 15 or more years ago now - I guess no one else wants the feature combinations I do LOL The one I got today comes close - it's not perfect, but it's pretty close and even has the one feature I wanted that my old bag doesn't have. Since it's the only thing I've found that is even in the ballpark of what I want, I grabbed it. Of course, that led me to want a new wallet for no other reason than the wallet I traditionally use on vacations is not my favorite color. But I found one at Amazon that works for me that was pretty cheap plus I could apply a $5 credit I had and pay the rest with an extra gift card I had from Christmas, so it ended up being 0 out of pocket. Now if we could only start travelling again...

Last edited:
Scored a few cute ornaments that were 90% off so they were only .30 each. I also bought one of those matchy type wrapping sets, again 90% off so this was only $1.00 and a package of gift boxes for 30 cents. I used my Red card too which took an additional 5% off.

I had success at Kohls. Got Xmas bowls for a couple bucks each and cuddl duds holiday pillow. Also got a cute bath mat with deer on it that my daughter chose to use as a rug in her bedroom

I was in cvs today (jan 17) and they had some wrapping paper left at 75% off.

Found a bunch of Christmas themed masks on-line for $1-2 each. Ordered 3. Hopefully won't need them next Christmas, but who knows.

It was slim pickings at our Target the day after Christmas. There was hardly any ribbon. I think my mother and I might have each gotten one small spool. There were very few tags as well.
We did get enough tissue paper.
There were TONS of wrapping paper rolls.
Fortunately, neither of us needed bags, because they hardly had any that weren't beat up. We reuse the paper bags until they look bad, and we have started sewing cloth bags from the fabric that is leftover after a Christmas-themed project (or any project that has Christmas or winter colors). These cloth bags can be washed & dried (if necessary), stored in the attic in XL ziplock bags, and reused for many years. These only need (maybe) tissue paper, ribbon, and tags.

Mom and I really cleaned up at the local Home Goods store. We got some good deals there on gift tags and some decor.

Yesterday 1/28/21 Stop & Shop had some unbelievable deals. I bought 2 bags of Campfire Marshmallows.
One had giant marshmallows for .22 cents the other was regular sized and that was .18 cents. I also got a box of Betty Crocker Cookies for Santa mix for .82 cents. The box contains cookie mix, frosting and sprinkles. The frosting is vanilla so I could add some food coloring to it. The sell by date is Sept. 2021. I'm going to use this for either Valentine's or an Easter cooking/art project.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter