Christmas celebration?

pinkxray

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip the week after Thanksgiving. We are spending 3 nights at Legoland before moving to Bay Lake Tower for 5 nights.(dvc members) Compared to Universal, Disney parks just didn’t scream Christmas to me last year. Other than Main Street in MK and HS there didn’t seem to be as much holiday cheer spread throughout the parks. While over at Universal studios,Dr. Seussland and Wizarding World felt very themed for Xmas.

We are going to spend the 5 nights at BLT and do one MK day or the xmas party but looking to try Seaworld Xmas celebration. I see the activities start after 7. Is that every night? I am making our Disney reservation so I want to make sure we leave the right day open for Seaworld to see everything Christmas. Any other non Disney or Universal suggestions to get in the Christmas spirit?

I just want to say the SeaWorld Christmas is AWESOME! one of our best days during a holiday visit. Try to stay all evening, just beautiful.

NOTE: Been a few years but when we went there were activities during the day.

We have been to the Sea World Christmas about 3-4 times over the years and it used to only be on certain nights mostly weekend. Unfortunately they do not put out the info until much closer. There is one area that has most things that I believe opens at 5 pm. There were different holiday shows that had 2-3 show times. They used to have a special holiday show reserved seating package to ensure you got a seat but when we were there in November they did not offer that.

I agree Universal has better holidays . I think they addmore holiday cheer in their parks every year. with more new decorations and music. Etc.
I would like to suggest the holidays at the nearby Gaylord if looking for more “Cheer” .
I usually go for my late November birthday to kick off the season and really love their unique theming . My grandchildren also love Gaylord.

We splurge for the interior courtyard room location. It is so much fun to relax in their resort room with the French doors open wide and not having to worry about the weather. It is beautifully landscaped with the holiday nightly light show . No cancellations , no waiting for hours to hold your spot in the crowds on Main Street …Just open the doors and enjoy .

Pre-covid, believe all the evening activities after thanksgiving @ SW were perhaps Friday? & def Saturday & Sunday. over the years, Sunday’s seemed to have lower crowds overall.

we would always do the paid package to just make it easier as to seating for shows. I really hope the nativity show comes back this year, we’ve missed it greatly. having the reserved seats left plenty of time to do the festival food area with this guy

A098FA1D-FB37-4894-9AD1-972DFF09E7A1.jpeg

U really upped their game last year, felt the package we purchased was well worth it, especially for the nearly private castle show the end of the night. Also, picture with Santa & the Grinch (cookies & hot chocolate too) & reserved SRO for parade and seats for the grinch show As well as an after ‘interview’ session that was bit of a bust but, will give it an E for effort.
EF0C4818-C1F2-4687-92A1-1649B122ED3B.jpeg

Thanks everyone! I was able to google last years dates and it looks like only Fri-Sun for the evening celebrations. Not sure I squeeze Seaworld in on a weekend🤔 We are doing Legoland the first weekend and then usually leave the next Sat morning. We were planning on doing the Orlando Informer event the last night. Hmmm. So much to do!

If we can’t make it on the weekend, is there still much Christmas to be found. Mostly lookly forward to seeing the Ruldolph characters and decorations(especially the seas of trees) We aren’t huge show people so I can live with missing the shows.

Also trying to fit in Gaylord Palms. I don’t have to stay there to partake in that right? I don’t want to pay for hotels when we can just use our dvc points.

Also trying to fit in Gaylord Palms.
Google it, last year’s site should pop up. we’ve never tried it (live in the north, ice & snow not a novelty lol. Does look like fun. Know they sell lots of paid tix/pkg for various activities & entertainment. Not sure if just doing it as a walk up would work out Well.

re the SW shows, they always open up the auditoriums pre-show time to standby, worth your while to try If near by

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter