• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas CD's

rickc77

Mouseketeer
Hi......

I'm just looking early this year for Christmas CD's. Just
wanted to know what CD you enjoy listening to during the
christmas season?

I'm not referring to just disney, but any person or band.

thanks in advance......

I like the Reader's Digest collection...... Bing Crosby.... lots of different ones actually

I like the Time Life Treasury of Christmas.

I love to listen to the CDs while I'm wrapping presents:D

B000002GHQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

This is simply a great collection of classics. It is well produced with segues between songs that make it seem to be one long Christmas concert by the wonderfully talented late Karen Carpenter and her brother Richard.

Even if you don't like the Carpenters - or think they were "silly," you will LOVE this CD!

Kenny G, Chicago, of courseJIMMY BUFFETT

Steve

I have to second the Carpenters too....It was are only
Christmas music for about 5 years when we first got married...and we still love it!

Holycow

Chicago and of course, Nat King Cole... It's not christmas without him singing the Christmas Song!!!!

Mannheim Steamroller, Harry Simeone, The Carpenters, The King's Singers, Kiri Te Kanawa, and lots of compilations.

Nat King Cole, Kenny G and Mannheim Steamroller...but my all time favorites are a couple I picked up at Wal-Mart a couple years ago. One looks like a "generic" label & called Seligh Ride - Traditional Carols for Orchestra. The other is "It's Christmas Time" - Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra & Nat King Cole. It has a couple of cuts from Bing Crosby at USO shows during WWII. I'd love to get a couple CDs that are ALL msuic from the USO shows. Not only musical nostalgia, but historical as well!

Deb

Celine Dion's These Are Special Times and Amy Grant's first one. I wore out two cassettes of Amy's before I got it on CD. :p

My favorite Christmas CD is called A Jazzy Wonderland. Its a must have for any jazz lover.

ALL FOUR of the Manheim Steamroller Studio Christmas Albums.

"One Special Christmas" by David T. Clydesdale Good Luck finding this one!!! I think it's out of print but there isn't a bad cut on the album. Imagine my surprise when we were at Epcot two years ago at Christmas and I heard two of the songs off this project playing at fountain!!!

"Christmas is Jesus" by Bryan Duncan. You have got to hear this one to appreciate it!

I start playing Christmas Music the day after Labor Day. DW and DD are given fair warning at least a week in advance.

:bounce:

Nat Cole's Christmas Album is great, but my absolute favorite is Ella Fitzgerald's Ella Wishes You a Swinging Chrismas.

I have a number of Christmas CD's since I love Christmas music but to me it is not Christmas until I have listened to Snoopy's Christmas.

Superstar Christmas and of course, Mariah's.... although I like to throw on that Kenny G CD once in a while... Shhhhh, don't tell anyone else I have his CD. ;) :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter