• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Cards or Postcards using PhotoPass Services

BuzzBiteyear

Intergalactic Protector of the DISboards
We'll be at Disney World right before Christmas and I was checking out the cards you can get through PhotoPass online. I'm wondering if anyone has done this while actually at WDW? Wondering what the turn around time is to get your cards? Also, if you mail cards at one of the resorts, do they get any sort of special postmark stamp or is it just a regular postmark stamp?

TIA

I've never done it, but wanted to point out you could use anywhere else that can make postcards from pictures. disney is really high priced for non-digital copies of anything and you might want to explore those options and prices.

I ordered Christmas cards last year. Here is what it says in the email they send:

"Mail or Airmail orders have an expected delivery time of 3-7 days, with a maximum of 14 business days from the time the order is shipped.

For Express Shipping, you will receive the order in 1-2 business days - with an expected delivery time of an additional 1-2 days depending on where you are located and the time the order is shipped.

We are not responsible for delivery delays due to weather."

If you do the express shipping you may get them in time but it will be costly. Like PP said, your best bet is to upload your pictures to a site like snapfish or CVS with one hour developing.....if you will have a car to go get them.

I was thinking early in the trip doing a picture with the castle or at Star Tours, something like that and being able to have cards printed up right there at Disney to pick up after a day or whatever to mail out, but will probably just look into other card making websites based on your responses. Thank you.

IIRC, on Shutterfly, you can enter names and addresses for your recipients, and they will mail your cards direct :) They could get to your friends and family before you even got home. WOW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter