• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Camping at the Fort

stacyjoy75

Mouseketeer
Hello! We are going to be camping around Christmas time and want to participate in holiday decorating, but are flying in and renting an RV. Does anyone have any suggestions on packable holiday decor? If we fly Southwest, we all get a suitcase, so maybe I will put inflatables in one. Also, do you all have any suggestions for restaurants for Christmas Eve or Christmas day? Thank you so much!! I can't wait!!

You will have a wonderful time at the Fort at Christmas time. We stay lowkey with Christmas lights and peppermint canes to line our driveway. But we do go a little crazy with holiday sweatshirts and Mickey Ears. We find ourselves looping in our golf cart to see others decorations. We also plan a dinner at Magic Kingdom and head into Mickeys Very Merry Christmas celebration. We love the gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian and would suggest you book a meal there to feel part of the season. Christmas Day and Eve meals are usually highlighted specifically if they offer something different than the daily menu. We also take a carriage ride around the fort and sip hot chocolate on the way. Merry Christmas in advance!

Stacyjoy75. We have done Christmas thru New Years in the Fort for 2 out last 3 years now so think I have some experience. Depending on how much you intend to decorate you may want to consider sending your decorations down in advance. The Fort charges a handling fee of $5 per package.
Be fore warned DISNEY has an extremely strict policy against riding around in a Decorated Golf Cart. If caught you will be directed to report to the Bike Barn and register for the RIDE OF SHAME and then on Christmas Eve at approx 4pm report to the Hitch/Unhitch area and be part of the procession of rulebreakers traveling down to the Settlement Transportation area and then the Dog Park while being subject to public scorn and ridicule. I am not sure if our dogs make sure I get caught because they love the attention everyone pays them or the treat the Ranger gives them. It could be Just that is their revenge for us putting them in some silly costume and being in the Pet Parade Earlier in the afternoon.
As for dining options. One of our Party has a Christmas Eve Birthday so we try for a Late Breakfast or Early Lunch at Whispering Canyon in Wilderness Lodge. We have been Lucky enough to once been serenaded with HAPPY BIRTHDAY by HoneyBee . It still brings a tear to my eyes ( And make a note to pack my ear plugs) when I think about it. If we don't do up some tube steaks on the grill at our site we tend to opt for Trails End. Christmas Day we have done Trails End and Yes they offer a traditional Christmas dinner Fare. We prefer to go back to Whispering Canyon for dinner on Christmas again a Traditional style meal .

Will you be getting supplies for the camper? Food, etc? Maybe have 50 $ on hand and go to the local wall mart. Get some cheap light strands, etc. Done. You just need a little bit of stuff to get you off the ba humbug list!

Stacyjoy75. We have done Christmas thru New Years in the Fort for 2 out last 3 years now so think I have some experience. Depending on how much you intend to decorate you may want to consider sending your decorations down in advance. The Fort charges a handling fee of $5 per package.
Be fore warned DISNEY has an extremely strict policy against riding around in a Decorated Golf Cart. If caught you will be directed to report to the Bike Barn and register for the RIDE OF SHAME and then on Christmas Eve at approx 4pm report to the Hitch/Unhitch area and be part of the procession of rulebreakers traveling down to the Settlement Transportation area and then the Dog Park while being subject to public scorn and ridicule. I am not sure if our dogs make sure I get caught because they love the attention everyone pays them or the treat the Ranger gives them. It could be Just that is their revenge for us putting them in some silly costume and being in the Pet Parade Earlier in the afternoon.
As for dining options. One of our Party has a Christmas Eve Birthday so we try for a Late Breakfast or Early Lunch at Whispering Canyon in Wilderness Lodge. We have been Lucky enough to once been serenaded with HAPPY BIRTHDAY by HoneyBee . It still brings a tear to my eyes ( And make a note to pack my ear plugs) when I think about it. If we don't do up some tube steaks on the grill at our site we tend to opt for Trails End. Christmas Day we have done Trails End and Yes they offer a traditional Christmas dinner Fare. We prefer to go back to Whispering Canyon for dinner on Christmas again a Traditional style meal .
This all sounds amazing!! I will have to figure out how to decorate the golf cart, too...and just cross my fingers no dogs tell on me!

Will you be getting supplies for the camper? Food, etc? Maybe have 50 $ on hand and go to the local wall mart. Get some cheap light strands, etc. Done. You just need a little bit of stuff to get you off the ba humbug list!
That is a great idea!

Doller store lights for the golf cart, battery powered. Those will go on a suitcase. Pack a few zip ties to put them on. Done. Have fun, Christmas os a great time to be at the fort. I just caught the beggining of it, but i did the same on halloween.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter