• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Break Question

DisneyMommy77

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone,
We just got back, but will be back in December. 12/20-1/8 to be exact. Most time will be spent at Disney, but we will also be doing other things during the trip like Space Center, beach days, airboat rides etc...
I want to plan these activities on days Disney is most crowded. I realize it will be crowded the whole time, but am wondering if one of these weeks is worst: before Christmas, the week of Christmas or the Week of New Years?

Thank you.

The worst time is that between Christmas and New Years (including those holidays), but I expect the same to be true at any tourist activity in that window.

Hi Everyone,
We just got back, but will be back in December. 12/20-1/8 to be exact. Most time will be spent at Disney, but we will also be doing other things during the trip like Space Center, beach days, airboat rides etc...
I want to plan these activities on days Disney is most crowded. I realize it will be crowded the whole time, but am wondering if one of these weeks is worst: before Christmas, the week of Christmas or the Week of New Years?

Thank you.
The week between Christmas and New Years is the most crowded week of the year at WDW.

I can't speak to the week of New Year's as I've never been, but we've been the week between Christmas and New Year's and the week before Christmas and the week before Christmas was much, much, much more enjoyable. Significantly less crowds. Just my opinion, but I would, personally, avoid MK altogether from Dec. 23 - Dec. 31. The other parks weren't as bad. I would avoid all parks on Dec. 24, 25, 30 and 31, but that's just me.

We've often gone the week coming up to Christmas, which isn't too bad. Haven't tried after Christmas but I've heard it's bad as others have said. We've also gone really early January (not new year's though), and that also wasn't too bad

My family has frequently visited the parks in December and found that the week between Christmas and New Year's Day is definitely more crowded than the week before the holidays.

The week between Christmas and New Year's is, by far, the busiest time at WDW, or most Florida tourist places, for that matter.

Also, just to let you know, Jan 4-7 is the Walt Disney World Marathon weekend, so it will still be a bit crowded this year around WDW, as well. Though no where near as bad as Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter