• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas at Wilderness Lodge

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
I was finally able to snag a couple of nights at CCV for our November trip. I was hoping for the last two nights of our trip, but instead got the first two nights (November 9 and 10). I doubt the tree will be up by then, but I'm really hoping there are at least some Christmas decorations. Do they put all the decorations up at one time (including the tree), or do they begin a few small decorations gradually?

Halloween comes down on the 31st and Christmas goes up on the 1st. Literally overnight in my experience.

Here's a rough idea of when the parks and resorts get decorated according to Tom Bricker (hopefully it's ok to post this here).

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/when-christmas-decorations-disney-world/
Bottom line is there is no way to know right now, but it's possible you'll get to see them. Who knows? Maybe you'll get lucky and they will actually be decorating when you're there. That would be fun! If you do miss them during your WL stay, hopefully you can at least swing back a bit later in your vacation. Good luck!

No, the decorations at the resort will not go up overnight like they do at the parks!

Last time we were at Copper Creek was November 2019, about a week before Thanksgiving. They were doing the first-ever gingerbread "cabin" and we got to watch them putting that up for a few days and that was really fun. The tree went up the night before our departure day, so it felt pretty magical to have that as a farewell, and then it really felt like the Christmas season had started when we got home.

So it's pretty much luck of the draw if you're visiting November in the first three weeks. All of the resorts will be fully decorated by Thanksgiving

Halloween comes down on the 31st and Christmas goes up on the 1st. Literally overnight in my experience.

As others have said, this is true of the Magic Kingdom but not so much the Wilderness Lodge and the resorts.

The decorations and trees will be up in the resorts by the weekend before Thanksgiving but not typically by Nov 10 in my experience.

As others have said, this is true of the Magic Kingdom but not so much the Wilderness Lodge and the resorts.

The decorations and trees will be up in the resorts by the weekend before Thanksgiving but not typically by Nov 10 in my experience.
When I booked the trip 11 months out, I knew the decorations would be up right before Thanksgiving, but I didn't want to chance missing Food & Wine Festival. I guess I was just wondering if I would see any decorations even if the tree wasn't up. I also wondered what date they start the decorations in the resorts (basically when the 1st resort in the lottery begins the transformation), and then I could hope that WL is 1st!

Usually, the first decoration up is the Gingerbread House at GF (probably doesn't hurt that they sell gingerbread shingles out of it). Not sure how they will handle things this year.

I like traveling the week before Thanksgiving due to lower crowds and lower DVC point costs. But even then I don't usually see much at the resorts till the end of the week. (May also vary somewhat depending on how early Thanksgiving falls on the calendar.)

That’s really more of the way MK works - not resorts -

So my next question is this: For those of you who have stayed at CCV or BRV in the middle of November and missed the Christmas decorations, were you totally bummed? Or did the resort still give you the feeling that Christmas was on the way?

We love the resort any time of the year, but we were hoping to catch the Christmas decorations. I worry that it might put a damper on our trip if they aren't up. Just curious how it affected those of you who have missed them.

We checked in on Jan 1 one year and they had already taken down the decorations. And yes, I was totally bummed.

So my next question is this: For those of you who have stayed at CCV or BRV in the middle of November and missed the Christmas decorations, were you totally bummed? Or did the resort still give you the feeling that Christmas was on the way?

We love the resort any time of the year, but we were hoping to catch the Christmas decorations. I worry that it might put a damper on our trip if they aren't up. Just curious how it affected those of you who have missed them.
Personally, I think WL has the most Christmas-y magical feeling of any of the resorts, even without the decor up! It's probably all those evergreen trees 💚

One year we did the Scary Halloween Party on the 30th of October and the Merry Christmas Party on the 9th of November. Halloween was VERY fall and there were lots of Christmas decorations up for the Christmas Party 10 days later. The Halloween Party was a "cool" 92 degrees at start and the Christmas Party was in the mid-80s. Had a good time at both events but the temps did not make it feel like Halloween or Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter