Christmas at the most magical place on Earth - Dec '12 TR - Upd 3/28 x3

Day 5, Part 5 Yachtsman Steakhouse

On December 22, we had a 725pm ADR for Yachtsman.

Bo & I were very excited about this ADR.

We got changed into nicer clothes and headed out...

DSCN0937 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

We decided we wanted to take the boat across to Yacht Club. Just as we were walking down to the boat dock area, a boat was pulling up so we didnt have to wait at all.

DSCN0938 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

I no time we had arrived at YC. We went inside and noticed right away that Mickey and Minnie were doing a holiday M&G at the Christmas tree. We still had some time before our ADR so we decided to wait in line. There were only 2 families ahead of us, so in no time we were meeting Mickey and Minnie. They were SOOOO adorable in their holiday clothes!

DSCN0944 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

DSCN0945 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

Photo0217FourBySix.jpg

Photo0220FourBySix.jpg

After the M&G we headed back to Yachtsman a few minutes before our ADR and waited about 20 min before being seated.

DSCN0949 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

The restraunt is beautiful and sort of tucked away from the rest of the hotel.

Bo asked our waiter for a wine recommendation. As per our waiters recommendation, we ordered a half bottle of Estancia Meritage Reserve, Paso Robles, 2008. We njoyed this wine. It was more of a medium body red wine (perfect since most full body red wines make me sneeze :rolleyes2)

DSCN0961.jpg

The bread basket was brought out. Those onion rolls are so delish!! Bo & I really enjoyed these.

DSCN0962.jpg

For our appetizers, I ordered Lobster Bisque with Maine Lobster, Herbes de Provence Biscotti, and Roe Chantilly. This was good, nice flavor, large pieces of lobster.

DSCN0967.jpg

Bo ordered Nantucket Bay Scallops "Chowda" Style, Oyster Crackers, Fennel, Capers, and Chorizo. Oh my goodness, this was SOOOOO good!! I actually fell in love with this and Bo traded with me!! The flavors were so good together. Yum!! Wish I had a bowl of this right now!!

DSCN0964.jpg

Hunter ordered Caesar Salad Crisp Romaine, Parmigiano, Coppa Secco, and Focaccoa Croutons. He liked this for the most part. He doesnt really like his salad to be a wedge, so that was really his only complaint.

DSCN0966.jpg

DSCN0956 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

Harper ordered Assortment of Artisanal Cheeses - sourdough Baguette and seasonal accoutrements. She did not like any of the cheeses -- and was freaked out by the "goo in a jar". Bo & I tried a bite of a few of the cheese and enjoyed them.

DSCN0963.jpg

DSCN0954 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

For our entrees, Bo & I ordered the same thing. 12-oz Prime New York Strip Steak Carmody Potato Gratin and Peppercorn-Brandy sauce. We ordered ours medium, and they were both cooked to perfection. The steak had a nice flavor, tender, no fat. The potato gratin was superb!!

DSCN0968.jpg

Hunter & Harper both ordered the same thing as well. 8-oz Center Cut Filet Mignon Mashed Potatoes and Cabernet Wine Sauce. We ordered their steak medim-well. They both thought the steak was good as well as the mashed potoatoes, but neither could finish everything.

DSCN0969.jpg

For the little boys, we ordered them macaroni and cheese since both are very picky about meats. They ate some of this, then began to get tired and Evan almost fell asleep at dinner.

DSCN0970.jpg

DSCN0955 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

DSCN0960 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

Unfortunately, we were all too full to order dessert :rolleyes2, but we did end up getting something later from Boardwalk Bakery when we got back to the hotel.

Total meal before tax & automatic 18% gratuity was approx $250 + $38 OOP for half bottle of wine. 12TS credits used.

Would we eat at Yachtsman again, absolutely! The meal was quite nice and the restraunt is beautiful. The kids were well behaved -- in fact, as we were leaving our table, our waiter pulled Bo & I aside and said that he had never seen such well behaved children :goodvibes

Some of the meats in the window -- that Porterhouse is gigantic!

DSCN0972 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

Up next, more Yacht Club pics & Illuminations from the boat dock

Day 5, Part 6 Yacht Club & Illuminations

After our spectacular dinner at Yachtsman, we headed back out to the lobby to take some pictures of the holiday decorations.

Mickey and Minnie were gone by now, so we were able to get some pictures of the tree. The nautical touches throughout were so nice.

DSCN0941 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

DSCN0942 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

Holiday wreath

DSCN0948 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

They also had a train setup in the lobby that the little boys adored. There were so many cute little touches to the train set.

DSCN0943 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

DSCN0975 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

DSCN0985 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

Christmas lights outside

DSCN0940 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

DSCN0988 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

As we came up to the boat dock, we saw the fireworks from Illuminations starting. There was a boat that had just left, so we watched the fireworks from a different vantage point.

DSCN0997 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

DSCN0999 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

DSCN1005 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

Just as Illuminations was ending, a boat came. We headed back to BW and as we came inside, there was a street performer doing some juggling tricks. We watched for a couple minutes, then headed up to the room to get the little boys in bed since it was about 10pm.

DSCN1014 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

After we got the kids dressed for bed, Bo and I went down to BW Bakery and got a few desserts.

Oreo cupcake for Hunter

DSCN1016.jpg

Brownie for Harper

DSCN1017.jpg

Brownie cheesecake for me (delish!!) Bo had 1 bite and agreed it was good.

DSCN1018.jpg

And for the little boys, blueberry Mickey muffin & banana chocolate chip Mickey muffin (they ate these the next morning at the bus stop).

DSCN1019.jpg

Up next, Animal Kingdom

Love the photos with Mickey & Minnie in their Christmas outfits...how cute!

Dinner at Yachtsman looks delicious. And what a nice compliment from that CM about how well behaved your children are! :goodvibes

Hunter's Oreo cupcake...MMMMMMM!!

Even though I am begging Mother Nature for warm weather - I still love the Christmas time TR reports and seeing all the decorations. The Minnie & Mickey M&G looked great! I can't wait for your AK update!

Lovely meal at Yachtsman...:thumbsup2

The food looked absolutely yummy & what a lovely compliment about the children from the waiter...:goodvibes

(can't wait for our ADR in the summer...)

Your photos of the Yacht Club decked out for the holidays are quite nice...love the trees and that train... and how nice to have a M&G...

That whole Boardwalk location is simply magical...

(great goodies from BB :)

Love the photos with Mickey & Minnie in their Christmas outfits...how cute!

Dinner at Yachtsman looks delicious. And what a nice compliment from that CM about how well behaved your children are! :goodvibes

Hunter's Oreo cupcake...MMMMMMM!!

Mickey & Minnie's Christmas outfits were adorable! We missed the M&G at BW (not even sure who was supposed to be there), so I was very happy we saw them at YC!

YS was great! And the compliment from the waiter just topped off the evening.

Hunter loved that Oreo cupcake ;)

Even though I am begging Mother Nature for warm weather - I still love the Christmas time TR reports and seeing all the decorations. The Minnie & Mickey M&G looked great! I can't wait for your AK update!

Thinking back on the Christmas trip and seeing all the pics just makes me so happy. I am very much looking forward to going back during Christmas in a few years.

The M&G was so cute! I wish we could have seen whoever was doing a M&G at BW too, but we were never there at the right time (even though we had a schedule of the M&G times :rolleyes2)

AK update coming up today!

Lovely meal at Yachtsman...:thumbsup2

The food looked absolutely yummy & what a lovely compliment about the children from the waiter...:goodvibes

(can't wait for our ADR in the summer...)

Your photos of the Yacht Club decked out for the holidays are quite nice...love the trees and that train... and how nice to have a M&G...

That whole Boardwalk location is simply magical...

(great goodies from BB :)

YS was superb! I cant wait to hear about your experience there this summer.

I really liked how the Christmas tree was decorated at YC! Loved the nautical theming!!

BW location is just perfection :goodvibes

Day 6, Part 1 Animal Kingdom & Tusker House bkfst

We woke up this morning birght and early and were headed off to Animal Kingdom today. We got down to the bus stop at 720am and waited a few minutes for the bus. Jaxon & Evan enjoyed their muffins that we purchased the night before from BW Bakery.

DSCN1022 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

We arrived just as the park was opening at 8am. We headed off to Tusker House for our 815am ADR.

This was our first time for breakfast at TH. We had eaten lunch here a few years ago.

We checked in for our ADR and were quickly sent back for our picture with Donald Duck (luckily I did have time to run over to Kilamanjaro Safari to pick up FP for 910am return time). We were seated as soon as we were done -- maybe 15 min total.

Photo0226FourBySix.jpg

I do not have buffet pictures, but I do have pictures of a few of our plates.

My plate consisted of Mickey waffles, Ham and cheese fritatta, bacon, strawberry yogurt, mealie pap, warm banana-cinnamon bread pudding with vanilla sauce. I was happy with everything on my plate, but nothing can compare to the bread pudding. YUM!!

DSCN1028.jpg

Hunter was apparantly trying every pastry they had :lmao:

DSCN1031.jpg

Jaxon & Evan had similar plates muffin, waffle, dry cereal, fruit

DSCN1030.jpg

I just love the safari clothes the characters wear here!! Sooo adorable!

DSCN1034 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

DSCN1042 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

DSCN1045 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

TH is a fun way to start the morning at AK. Our server Eric was very pleasant and made sure we always knew when the characters were coming :thumbsup2

6TS credits used

Next up, off to see some animals!!

Day 6, Part 2 Time to see some animals!!

We finished up at Tusker House and made our way over to Kilamanjaro Safari.

DSCN1048 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

By 930am we were on our safari. The weather was a bit chilly, so we expected this to be a great safari day -- and it did not disappoint!

DSCN1051 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

DSCN1052 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

DSCN1055 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

DSCN1056 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

DSCN1061 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

DSCN1062 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

THIS was the highlight of the safari today!!

DSCN1066 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

DSCN1069 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

Jaxon and Evan LOVED Kilamanjaro Safari -- we knew they would!

DSCN1070 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

After Kilamanjaro Safari, we took the train and headed over to Rafiki's Planet Watch.

DSCN1074 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

At this time the little boys discovered grates. Jaxon and Evan were having fun getting on the ground and yelling into the grates and hearing their echo. This went on for probably 10 minutes before we finally pulled them away.

DSCN1075 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

We looked around for a few minutes and Harper wanted to take her picture with Rafiki.

DSCN1079 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

Up next, more animals...music and Dino's

Day 6, Part 3 More animals, music & dinos

After we FINALLY pulled the little boys away from the exciting grate :rotfl2:, we headed off to the petting area. Jaxon and Evan loved this -- and Hunter and Harper seemed to have a good time too ;)

Jaxon thought it was hilarious that this goat was standing on the bench.

DSCN1082 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

DSCN1083 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

DSCN1085 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

DSCN1090 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

DSCN1091 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

We stayed in this area for about 30 minutes. Got the hands washed...and washed again and we headed back to the train.

We went to the Muziki area so the kids could play the African instruments. Hunter and Harper had a great time doing this the last time we were at AK, so we wanted to let the kids do that for a few minutes.

DSCN1109 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

DSCN1102 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

DSCN1106 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

DSCN1110 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

We then wanted to get some pictures in front of the Tree of Life.

DSCN1104 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

DSCN1116 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

Photo0229FourBySix.jpg

We still had some time before lunch, so we decided to head over to Dino Land. Hunter and Harper went to Prime Evil Whirl, and I took the little boys to wait in line for Santa Goofy and Pluto. Bo headed over to Expedition Everest to grab FP for later. We got a return time of 305pm.

Just as the little boys and I were about to see Santa Goofy and Pluto, Bo came back from getting FP and just moments later, Hunter and Harper came off Prime Evil Whirl (which they loved).

DSCN1126 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

Pictures of Santa Goofy Christmas tree in Dino Land

DSCN1123 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

DSCN1124 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

DSCN1125 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

Jaxon was being shy

Photo0231FourBySix.jpg

Photo0232FourBySix.jpg

Photo0234FourBySix.jpg

We finished up the M&G and needed to head over to our lunch ADR at Yak & Yeti.

Along the way, I took a picture of EE.

DSCN1127 by debrapagliasotti, on Flickr

Up next, lunch at Yak & Yeti

I love the Tusker House Breakfast... the food is good and the characters really do look so cute in those safari outfits...:goodvibes

Not only did you get Goofy Santa but Pluto was a great bonus...

your tree pictures were so cute... I loved the Dino Land detailing in those trees...

Curious to see what you thought of Yak & Yeti...

I love Tusker House breakfast!

Great detail photos of the Christmas tree ornaments - love the dinosaurs! It looks like you had quite a good time with the African instruments, too! :goodvibes

We are going to eat at Tusker House for the 1st time this May. I was a bit hesitant, but your picture look so yummy that I now can't wait to eat there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter