• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas at Disney

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
Hi. This will be our first trip away at Christmas . Kids know not to expect gifts persay as it’s our big family gift , but do you guys decorate ? Do stockings ? Anything ?
do you run out to a store? Pack stuff ? Do lights ? Mini tree ?
How do you celebrate while away..

I don't know what they do inside their room, but I see many people who decorate their doors at Christmas time.

We have an RV, so it is a little different, but could still apply. We bring stockings, a small tree with a couple packs of mini ornaments, and some lights. We do our presents exchange just as if we were home, but keep it low key, since the trip is a big part of the experience (haven't done Disney Xmas yet, but celebrated in Myrtle Beach and in Charlotte, NC). It was a nice tradition for our little family to not get pulled in all different directions by extended family. The boxes are relatively small for the presents/decor but might take a lot of suitcase space if you fly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210602-081851~2.png
    Screenshot_20210602-081851~2.png
    288.8 KB · Views: 22
We rent a villa in Davenport and 5 members fly and 5 drive from TX. We take a 3ft tree and a few ornaments. We use Amazon lockers to get the gifts to FL. Better than postal service.

I've heard of people bringing a very small tree or purchasing that one from Disney Floral (which is expensive). Also, room celebrations thru Disney Floral. I've seen strung lights on outside balconies, but only at Yacht area and I think those were also DVC. We've never decorated our room. I would imagine packing that stuff and flying would be a pain. Maybe not so much if driving.

Put me in the small tree camp.

I pack a 12” tree in our suitcase (we normally travel by train or plane) and decorate it with brightly patterned ribbons mostly. Holiday pjs are brought (Hannah Anderssen makes really nice ones that are comfortable year round) as well as cards or letters. We tend to buy a gift on site that does double duty as a souvenir. One year it was a Disney hoodie but generally it’s jewelry.
Most Christmas Eves we have dinner at Flying Fish as a tradition. The hotel (BW) tends to have a singing tree choir in the Green, which just gives the proper environment for us.
Christmas Day we celebrate at the Contemporary’s religious services and then off to MK we go.

Last edited:
Thank you guys so much . We are flying so I won’t want to bring a lot. I may pack stockings and go to target and grab a few little things ..
Love the pj idea
I think I will have a friend maybe leave one gift from Santa out while we are away ..
thanks so much

I had a suitcase just for gifts that I already wrapped. Once we were off the plane, I locked the suitcase so my kids could not see what was inside. I kept that suitcase in the closet and they had no idea that anything was inside. As for decorating, I packed a small tree and ornaments. I brought string lights for the room and balcony. We hung the stockings on the knobs of the dresser. We stayed at Wilderness Lodge. Our Christmas Eve dinner was at California Grill and we had the special Christmas Dinner Menu at Whispering Canyon. It was fun resort hopping to see Xmas decorations. Best of all was the horse and carriage ride we took on Xmas night through Fort Wilderness. All of the RVs were totally decked out with lights and decorations.

We celebrated Christmas at Pop Century one year and decorated the room with a small (3 ft) pre-lit Christmas tree with red and white garland and a small tree skirt. I hung battery operated Christmas lights on suction cup hooks (no tape) around the window. We placed the extra garland on the headboard of the bed and over the door way leading to the bathroom and sink area. We drove to Disney which made bringing the tree and decorations easier. I packed a suitcase with Disney Christmas themed sacks filled with Christmas gifts for the family. We celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve after we returned from the parks knowing we were going to be at MK early on Christmas Day.

We went before Christmas, so I didn't worry about gifts and there wasn't enough room in the POP rooms for even a small tree. The kids and I did decorate the window in or room. They loved it and it made it easy to locate our room at the end of the day.

Attachments

• 129870205_10219340765010091_8012557892067856807_n.jpg
    129870205_10219340765010091_8012557892067856807_n.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 6
This is the pop up tree we bring. It’s lovely.

Attachments

• D66DB59C-2C4B-48E4-8A73-7339F063A62F.png
    D66DB59C-2C4B-48E4-8A73-7339F063A62F.png
    186 KB · Views: 11

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter