Christmas 2020, would you go if you got a PIN code?

Yes, if I had a PIN code, we would go:) definitely!
We don't do the fireworks or parades, too many people crowded in like sardines for us. So we would definitely go for the decorations and experiences that are there!

Got a pin code and booked! We’ll be there Dec 1-10. Excited to see the holiday decor and actually glad to be going when they aren’t using the fastpass system as we are much more used to the DLR version of going with the flow in the parks.

I actually got a pin code twice (at two separate emails- not sure how they even got my second email address). Out of curiosity I looked at prices week before Christmas. They have AoA and Fort Wilderness at prices within dollars of Yacht Club and Contemporary! These are all in the range of $500/night with the pin code.

If I really wanted to go I would rent points through a DVC rental agency. I have seen many reservations for $10/point. You would still probably come out better this way. But, we aren’t planning to travel anywhere until maybe summer 2021.

We did get a pin code and I’m still not loving the prices since rack rates are so high over holiday weeks.

I had a great rate at the Swan for Dec. 13-18. Once the Christmas party officially canceled, I decided not to go. One park a day, no parades or fireworks etc. etc. Not enough reason for me to go at this point in time. Maybe if things are better during Flower & Garden.

Can you use the same PIN code twice or only once? Debating a weekend over each holiday! Fall/holiday.

Can you use the same PIN code twice or only once? Debating a weekend over each holiday! Fall/holiday.
Once. But be aware availability seems low. We tried to book a room at CBR for an upcoming weekend and while it has tons of availability online there was no pin code availability :-/

I'm struggling with this at the minute, albeit taking advantage of the AP discounts rather than a pin code. When the current AP deal came out we booked CB for 12/2-12/10 at a 40% discount to take advantage of the much smaller crowds for what we thought would be great prices. But as time goes on and I see how many things are still closed I'm leaning toward cancelling outright now.

Park hours are heavily reduced from my last two trips in February 2020 and October 2019. Lots of restaurants are still closed or on reduced hours. No fast passes. Those are all major issues for us as we like to get in early and leave late, with a decent break in the middle of the day to let our little kids rest. Trying as many of the food options as we can is also one of our favorite parts of a trip.

We avoid waiting in lines whenever possible as well, so if we can't get a fast pass for a ride and can't get it at rope drop or the end of the night then we are happy to just not bother with a ride. We would usually get on everything we wanted, outside of the biggest ones like Space Mountain that our kids aren't tall enough for anyway. Looking at recent wait times though it just seems like we'll end up skipping a lot of rides. Overall wait times are lower, but they are much higher than the fastpass times and rope dropping/closing times that we always took advantage of previously.

It's not like the prices are much better either. I'm paying the same for CB as I paid for CR in Feb. Flight prices are slightly higher and park ticket prices are slightly higher as well. This isn't so much a rant, as I'm not angry about anything, I understand why Disney is removing so many things, I'm just disappointed that this seemed like a golden opportunity to enjoy Disney without the crowds. But instead it's looking like we'd actually get to do even less, at higher prices overall, than we've managed before. I'm going to leave it as late as possible to decide as we really wanted to see Disney during the holiday season, but it's definitely not looking good right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter