Christmas 2017

So I have found some great ideas for hubby. I'm not going to list all of them right now but I'm super stoked I just bought him tickets for the Game of Thrones Live Experience Concert. He's going to DIE. The concert isn't until next October, but he won't care. I'm trying to find some sort of tickets for an experience or concert for DD13 now.
As you can see I am easily swayed. Just got two tickets. THANK YOU!!!!! My concern is I just got the 100 tickets not a VIP experience but noticed they did have a 40.00 no concert add on experience. Where you sit on some throne etc. But it starts at 8 pm same time as concert. So does my 100.00 seat have any of this I will happily buy the add on 40 but it starts at 8 too So how would that work thanks!

So, I have the list of three of my nieces and nephews...I made my list and there are 25 people on it including the hubby and my kids...should be fun. I've started on my shopping today, I will keep track of prices and need to return if need be to get sale prices...not buying movies until Black Friday...I just need to fin out when does holiday seaso begin for return policies because I don't want to gift anything that they might not like or fit and can't return or exchange...

I started today - all for DD13 - our local Typo shop had some cute Disney stuff she wanted and it was selling fast so bit the bullet and started.

• MM zip up soft case that could be used for a makeup bag.
  • "I Believe in Disney" pencil case
  • Pen with floaty glitter, MM ears and MM glove
  • MM ears pink enamel pin - for her school bag
  • PJ shorts
  • 6 cube clear storage container for her hair ties, clips etc.
I got myself a MM Diary for work next year - and because I spent over $30 got a free MM ears pen!

Registered yesterday to try and get an early access code to purchase tickets to Harry Potter and the Cursed Child in NYC. Hopefully I'll luck out and that will be DS's main gift. Won't know for another 2 weeks if I was selected on though. The wait...

Registered yesterday to try and get an early access code to purchase tickets to Harry Potter and the Cursed Child in NYC. Hopefully I'll luck out and that will be DS's main gift. Won't know for another 2 weeks if I was selected on though. The wait...

I had no idea this was happening, thank you for mentioning it. I registered this morning hoping to get a code so I can get tickets for my dd.

I had no idea this was happening, thank you for mentioning it. I registered this morning hoping to get a code so I can get tickets for my dd.
DS had requested to go to London to see it. This is a tad bit closer since we are in MD.

I picked up a few more things for my 10 year old in addition to the fingerling and mini backpack I already bought her. She's getting a Nickelodeon slime making kit (she makes slime already but this kit has neon and glow in the dark), Watch ya mouth game, and a narwhal long sleeve tee. She also wants an acrylic monogram necklace.

Unfortunately I don’t think getting a code even guarantees you’ll get tickets. I had three other people in my family register for a code. Hoping a couple of us get one.

Then the other problem is you’ll only have a specific window in which to purchase tickets. I work at a school, and with my luck, my window will be in the middle of the day. Fingers crossed for us all!

I am making progress with the list but not with purchasing.

Family gift- 65" 4k tv-most likely (thru our bus.)

DH- smart watch
shave kit-the good kind
something Game of thrones
Amazon Spot and Show -preordered and ordered (thru the bus.)

DS21- new sheets
Pj's $18 done
New key chain-stocking stuffer
Steam GC
New phone case
Underarmour sneakers
Wallot

DS19- Xbox X-Preordered
new sheets
Pj's $18 done
Earbuds
Rechargeable batteries
Steam GC
Perpetual Motion Sculpture
Camera/phone Mount for telescope
Business cards-stocking stuffer

Jr (the dog) - New window ledge seat $25
New mini balls $5

DSis1 and Boyfriend- new pilot/carryon cases

Dsis2- old navy GC
+ ?

Mom- ? Food GC, Itunes GC,...

Friend 1- Umbrella set, dusting set(she loves mine I bought last yr)

Friend 2-chocolate and GC for a Pedi

Me- metal measuring spoons $9 done
metal measure cups
polaris/christmas star 14 k gold charm for my charm bracelet
body step platform
Large Scanpan saute pan

I am not including our employees or clients, the mailman, hairstylist, nails...just yet. The employees and service people are cash and chocolate usually. The clients...who knows yet. Need DH input for that.

I am waiting to see if we will exchange with DH's side of family. I would rather just do the 2 nephews, unsure if we do. In laws have a restaurant so usually no food/cooking or gc type for those. Bil and SIL are like us-we have more than we need. When I brought it up to my side I think I really hurt my mom's feelings. The thing is, she returns everything unless it was exactly what she asked for. Takes the fun out of it a bit. It is getting so much more expensive every yr-so many tech gifts. We are in that field so I know they want to keep up, but all I can think of is I could be on a cruise or trip and wouldn't that be betteR?

Yay! My favorite thread!

We buy for our 4 daughters, 3 nephews, my 2 sisters and theirs husbands and my dad. We also but teacher gifts and my husband and I buy a few things for each other, mostly with the kids so they can get us something.

This year we are surprising the girls in the middle of December with a small trip to Disney and Universal. We're only going to MVMCP and 2 days at Universal, but we haven't been to Disney at all in a few years so though it's a small trip, it's going to be super amazing! I'm so excited to tell them and can hardly wait. We're telling them the Sunday before we leave. They'll be SHOCKED!

We always get a family gift from Santa. Last year we all got Nerf Guns, year before we got board games and a gc for pizzas and snacks. Well, this year Santabis giving us a mini vacation to Myrtle Beach for 2 days after Christmas. The last few years we've been going to Dunes Village resort which has an indoor water park, a few days before Christmas and coming home on Christmas Eve. This year since well be going to FL 2 weeks before Christmas, we're telling the girls we're going to skip the beach. But on Christmas morning we'll get a box with personalized beach towels and pool toys and things with a note saying we're are leaving the next day to go to Myrtle Beach. They'll be so happy, my 8 year olds favorite place in the World is the beach.

As for Gifts, I've started some shopping but with the 2 trips, I'm trying to cut way down on gifts. I'm the crazy lady who usually buys each kid 30-40 gifts each plus huge 2.5 ft. stockings. So I'm REALLY trying to cut it down but it's so hard! :laughing:

So far I have

Dd 16,
A pair of skinny jeans
A sweater
Naked Smokey eyeshadow palette
Tarte eye shadow palette

Dd 14
A pair of jeans

Dd 8
American Girl Gymnastics set
2 huge Beanie Boos
Monster High Lego set

Dd 6
Monster High School
Lil Lockits set
2 huge Beanie Boos

Some ideas I have for each girl but haven't bought yet are

Dd 16 picture frame with different spots for pics, but instead of pictures, filling each space with a gift card, Naked 3 palette, a few outfits, boots, anime stuff, some stuff from a Korean band she loves that I can never remember the name of,

Dd 14, picture frame gc's, some special effects makeup, Kat Von D palette, a full sized bed and nightstands, paint for her room, new bedding, some clothes, boots, Amazon Firestick

Dd 8, American Girl Doll Kitt Kitteridge, cheap reborn baby with a bassinet and stroller, a box full of blind bags, American Girl Doll Julie's egg chair, a purse with some 5.00 gc's, AG doll soccer set, My Life as Kitchen

Dd 6, some JoJo Siwa bows, a box full of blind bags, purse with 5.00 gc's, playdough set, inventors box, play jewelry, remote control car, new Kindle,

I'm not sure what I'm getting my nephews. The 19 year old will get a 50.00 gift card but for my other 2 who are 8 and 2, I'm still working on ideas.

My middle sis and her hubby are probably getting a date night gift basket with personalized wine glasses, champagne, a gc to the movies and a restaurant and a coupon for me to babysit the boys.

My youngest sister and her husband usually get a bunch of smaller gifts to open from us. They have no kids and not much family around them, (we live in NC, they're in Ohio) so I want them to have gifts to open on Christmas morning. I usually get some board games and funny little things I pick up as I see them. They collect Harry Potter and Super Mario stuff so I'm always on the lookout for unique things to get them with that.

For my husband, I'm getting us a hotel for a night or 2 just an hour or two away so we can have a kid free weekend together. I'm trying to remember I'm not just a Mom, but a wife too, and I want to spend more time with him without the kiddos underfoot now that they are a bit older. I also always get him his favorite gift, his BBOL. His "beef basket of love"! Lol! It's just a bunch of beef jerky and snacks he loves and he gets excited for it every year! That man loves his beef! :rotfl2:

Great ideas! Thank you! I also really like the magazine subscription suggestion- it won't let me quote your post for some reason but thank you for the idea! They're buying a home soon so maybe Rachael Ray or Better Homes and Gardens would be good choices for them. Hmm.... lots to think about!

What about a cup with a lid that keeps the ice cold for a long time?

Also got my cousin and her girlfriend's gift started. They love the beach so I'm gifting them a beach bag this year with all kinds of fun summer things (bonus is I can get a lot of it now for super cheap!) So got their bag today and will add flip flops for one, sunglasses for the other, a couple's towel, and I'm not sure what else- any ideas?

What about some Aloe Vera gel for sunburns and some trashy beach reads? A lot of people are picky about their sunscreen so I don't recommend that.

As for my family, if my knee heals in time we're going to Montana on December 28-January 1st for skiing and outdoor activities. We've never gone on vacation then before so I told the kids that the trip will be their main gifts and they'd get some smaller gifts too.

As for their actual gifts I scored for half off plus my 10% off Barnes and Noble membership two huge Lego sets. DS10 is getting a Star Wars troop transporter and DS6 is getting a fire station. Every Christmas Eve the kids Christmas pjs and a new Christmas book. I've bought their Christmas pjs at a Zulily flash sale. The company sells matching dog pjs but they're out of stock. I'm hoping they come back in stock in time because the kids would love that. As for books, I'm planning to buy DS10 a hardcover illustrated copy of The Gift of the Magi but I'm not sure what I'll get for DS6.

The rest of their gifts I'm still figuring out. DS6 saw a friend's mom use a Polaroid style camera so he wants one. I'm hoping to find a good deal during Black Friday. He'll get some film in his stocking since it's expensive. I have no idea what to get DS10. He has tons of money saved and never spends it. There is nothing he wants.

I also have to shop for my parents, my sister and my dh. I always make my dad a calendar for the coming year filled with family and pet photos along with important dates and give him a restaurant gift card or two. If my dad doesn't get his calendar he's unhappy. I'm hoping my mom and sister give me a list. Complicating matters is that my dh and mom have birthdays close to Christmas so I have to buy them birthday and Christmas gifts. I'm planning to get my dh a new wallet but I'm not sure what else.

The only other person I need to buy for is my best friend. I bought her from Zulily a glass canister with an owl etched on it. She's into owls. I'm not sure what I'm going to put in it.

I usually buy or make teacher gifts. DS10 started middle school this year so he has tons of teachers. I need to figure out how to buy teacher gifts without spending a small fortune. There's 8 teachers I think between the two kids plus the school secretary. She helps us out a lot so I usually buy her something.

Can anyone enlighten me on the VTech Kidizoom watch? DD6 saw it on TV the other day. Currently we only allow her to borrow our phones or tablet on a very limited basis a few times a week (I know we are horrible parents, we actually make her interact with us). She does like taking pictures and videos of herself. She pretends she has her own youtube channel. Does this thing actually work? Anyone have experience with it?

As you can see I am easily swayed. Just got two tickets. THANK YOU!!!!! My concern is I just got the 100 tickets not a VIP experience but noticed they did have a 40.00 no concert add on experience. Where you sit on some throne etc. But it starts at 8 pm same time as concert. So does my 100.00 seat have any of this I will happily buy the add on 40 but it starts at 8 too So how would that work thanks!

You're welcome! I didn't order anything extra either, just the main tickets. I wasn't really sure exactly what the extra stuff was.

fill me in!!! where can I get tix???? tiketmaster? I don't show it in my town but did find 3 hours away. Is this musical things? Like the Star Wars or Pokémon type concert? This is genius!

ticketmaster
search for "game of thrones live experience". Ticket prices weren't actually that bad I didn't think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter